Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Holm86

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

Manoah2u wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bef4vSNCcAE6sxE.jpg:large

including new colour scheme
Hope they still use last years green. That color was really beautiful imo.

FW17

=P~

Manoah2u

Holm86 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bef4vSNCcAE6sxE.jpg:large

including new colour scheme
Hope they still use last years green. That color was really beautiful imo.
yes, theýll still be using british racing green. only the yellow has been replaced with limegreen.
WilliamsF1 wrote:=P~
nice, i must say though, i'm kinda dissapoint mclaren's gonna run chrome again this year [allthough expected].
that white-red [penske?] livery in the back does look very very hot actually. Looking at the wheel sizes,
i think F1 could do with some bigger rim sizes then 13".

wondering what all the liveries will look like for '14, it's said before one team goes 'retro/classic'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SilverArrow10

That maybe one of the greatest livery's I've ever seen. Caterham do this now. Just replace the gold with Renault yellow [-o<
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Leendert82

WilliamsF1 wrote:=P~
I dont think we will see much white this year yet (probably next year) but it will be like the GP2 car livery

mikeerfol

danielk wrote:

wow thats quite a comment from fernandes. but what is at the back?
Fighting with Marussia for P10 at the WCC I guess.

astracrazy

it makes sense. remember whoever finishes in the top 10 this year out of caterham and marussia will be classed as a column 1 team (worth millions). If one of these two finish outside of the top 10 they may as well quit because they will be by far left behind financially (prize money).

to keep both, we need another team to finish 11th so both are classed as a column 1 team

Leendert82

astracrazy wrote:
it makes sense. remember whoever finishes in the top 10 this year out of caterham and marussia will be classed as a column 1 team (worth millions). If one of these two finish outside of the top 10 they may as well quit because they will be by far left behind financially (prize money).

to keep both, we need another team to finish 11th so both are classed as a column 1 team
Fernandez wants Caterham to really fight with the midfield teams and to now actually get some points. Not much effort went in the 2013 car and almost all focus of 2013 went in the 2014 car, so lets see whether they have made the step forward. The new 60% windtunnel should help with development of the car and with creating an even better 2015 car. (Assuming the 2014 car was still created with the 50% windtunnel)

marcush.

all of a sudden Caterham turned into a Team worth supporting....Driver choice : like it.we are in for some spectacular Kamui moves again...I missed that .

Godius

Too bad that Frijns hasn't got any serious financial backing, he's the most talented of these 3 drivers.

Leendert82

Godius wrote:Too bad that Frijns hasn't got any serious financial backing, he's the most talented of these 3 drivers.
I agree with you here, however I think that when he gets into this new role and dutch companies see him more often in F1 and doing well during the FP1's they might be interested. Guess he will need to show his pace and be faster than Ericsson,

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Shrieker

I want that moto2 bike...

On a side note, it could be said Tony fully expects to be competitive (midfield competitive) by his remark. And the driver choice as well. If the car is half decent like the sauber was 2 years ago, maybe Koba will land another podium.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

stefan_

The new Caterham branding looks great.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Manoah2u

i think after all the ugly behaviour that [factually!] originated from back when Dany Bahar was still p*ssing around at Lotus Cars which resulted in lots of attention and discomfort took some focus off their efforts on past years. Surely with solving it into the Caterham brand and focussing attention there and building a good base will aid to their results.

Still, i'll have to see what happens.

I've expected worse results from Trulli and Kovalainen's replacement's past years, but they seemed to be atleast equal to
both these well experienced drivers, yet, weren't your 'spectacular' drivers either. Kobayashi is a guarantee for speed and getting great results from the material handed to him. He may be a bit wild, but he's got a tremendeous drive.
Don't know anything about Ericsson, just know that Frijns is regarded very high - but he's yet to prove in a F1 car what
he's capable of. The drivers seem like a energetic pair.

But it all depends on where caterham is when the season starts. I don't see them advancing that much imho.
The amount of resources and capable staff neccesary to battle around midfield isn't to be taken too lightly,
and they'll actually have to make a 'jump' to get there, which takes even more.

I really realy like the team. I honestly do. From the start. I'm a bit reserved tho on them actually getting where they want to be. There was a huge gap before. I'm hoping the fresh start will help them out there.....but if they get the same gap to the rest of the field [and i'm thus not talking about being close to toro rosso if for some reason toro rosso misses 5 seconds off the pace] as they did before.....which i'm inclined to expect......I can understand Tony.

But, caterham doesn't seem to be struggling at all in any way, so i think they do have a sound base for a promising future.
Let's hope they'll get there this year [and for that matter, i hope the same for marussia]
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"