Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop
skoop

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

haha, sorry for the mistake :D

NathanOlder

Apparently the new wing will bring Caterham up to the mid field.

bold statement!

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116084
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FW17

thejudge13 @thejudge13
Breaking news re #F1 Caterham coming in now.... It looks very bad

thejudge13 @thejudge13
Bailiffs and police are on site in Leafield #F1 #TJ13

thejudge13 @thejudge13
It's unclear whether Caterham #F1 will now race this weekend #TJ13

thejudge13 @thejudge13
Staff have been asked to turn off servers and leave the premises in Leafield #F1 #TJ13

thejudge13 @thejudge13
Bailiffs have been in every day this week. Arrangements being made for removal of large items, such as the autoclave #F1 #TJ13

NTS
NTS

Journalists also posting it, but no real confirmation yet: https://twitter.com/TomWilkinsonF1/stat ... 2468272128

search

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news ... s-move-in/
‘By order of The Sheriffs Office, authorised High Court Enforcement Officers, we hereby announce the impending sale of goods seized and removed from a Formula One team.

The goods include but are not limited to:
Caterham F1 test car (2013)
Caterham F1 car parts (due for Japan 2014)
Full size 6 DOF motion platform F1 simulator
Caterham F1 steering wheels
F1 wheels with tyres
High quality drilling & machining equipment
Caterham & Lotus F1 memorabilia
Various pit lane equipment including jacks, pumps and starters
TVs, monitors and other goods and equipment

The goods are to be sold by public auction to the highest bidder.

ScottB
ScottB

scottracing
scottracing

sounds pretty official from all accounts :( could this be another HRT situation?

wesley123
wesley123

You are in some deep --- if your stuff is getting auctioned. Seems like they got some debts for a long time already.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FoxHound

Mr Kolles presence certainly gave the game away. As did the ill-fated Lotterer/Kobayashi merry go round.
What we have here is a fabulous argument for Bernie's 3 car team idea.

And to think I had some hopes for this team to actually do a modicum of justice to the Caterham name.

Thoughts with the workers at Caterham....
JET set

FW17

Heard elsewhere that they would let Leafield close and move the entire operation to Germany

Kiril Varbanov

The team has just released that - http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/tea ... tober-2014
2 October 2014
There have been unfounded and unsubstantiated rumours concerning actions against 1MRT, the entrant and owner of CaterhamF1.

An action was threatened yesterday against a supplier company to 1MRT. This company is not owned by 1MRT and it has no influence over the entry of CaterhamF1 or the entrant.

Also contrary to uncontrolled rumours, all operations are currently in place at Leafield and the race team is doing its preparation in Japan.
I'm not sure how any of this is a surprise, though.

Martin Keene
Martin Keene

They released that very carefully worded statement last night.

Just before the Sheriffs office listed the equipment for auction. They have been very quiet since...

Richard
Richard

By the way, while "The Sheriffs Office" sounds very official, but it's actually a private bailiff. They'll have been appointed by a creditor who has been to the a High Court to get an order to seize assets to settle a debt.

It seems Caterham are saying the debt is owed by a supplier and that Caterham/1MRT aren't liable for this debt. However, the bailiffs can only seize equipment that is owned by the anonymous supplier. So it seems Caterham don't have ownership of the equipment they are using. Maybe it's leased, or the equipment was used to secure credit from a supplier and that supplier is calling in that credit.

Or perhaps the equipment is owned by an intermediary company separate from the team. For example Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Technology. In that scenario, the bailiffs could come into RBT, while RBR say it has not a debt owed by the racing team.

Unfortunately the creditor and supplier are unnamed, so we've no way of knowing who is dealing with who.

xpensive
xpensive

FoxHound wrote:Mr Kolles presence certainly gave the game away. As did the ill-fated Lotterer/Kobayashi merry go round.
What we have here is a fabulous argument for Bernie's 3 car team idea.

And to think I had some hopes for this team to actually do a modicum of justice to the Caterham name.

Thoughts with the workers at Caterham....
My thoughts are with Marcus Ericsson and his 12 MEUR...arguably the most ill-advised investment in Formula 1 history.

I can only hope he didn't pay all at once?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ScottB
ScottB

Richard wrote:By the way, while "The Sheriffs Office" sounds very official, but it's actually a private bailiff. They'll have been appointed by a creditor who has been to the a High Court to get an order to seize assets to settle a debt.

It seems Caterham are saying the debt is owed by a supplier and that Caterham/1MRT aren't liable for this debt. However, the bailiffs can only seize equipment that is owned by the anonymous supplier. So it seems Caterham don't have ownership of the equipment they are using. Maybe it's leased, or the equipment was used to secure credit from a supplier and that supplier is calling in that credit.

Or perhaps the equipment is owned by an intermediary company separate from the team. For example Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Technology. In that scenario, the bailiffs could come into RBT, while RBR say it has no effect on the racing team.

Unfortunately the creditor and supplier are unnamed, so we've no way of knowing who is dealing with who.
Possibly the team is a number of different companies, with 1MRT owning the racing license, and not much else, and another / several separate companies owning equipment, leases and contracts with suppliers? So they can say that the 'team' doesn't owe anything, while technically true, it's a sister company that does.

Seen F1 journos suggesting they may be able to see out the season, as all the equipment needed for racing is with them in Japan, and any replacement parts could be sourced from other companies. But it surely dooms their chances for having a car next season? Though I believe they've been doing a lot of work at the old Toyota facility, so they may not have had that 'seized' by the bailiffs...