Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

Mike Gascoyne got described as being in a seperate firm. It looks like they restructured the whole team into completely accountant-wise seperate firms. In reality this means they now seperate cells, with the entry being in the finance-wise healthiest cell, and the majority of the debt placed in a hollow cell.

As economist and ethist, such constructions make me sick. It's robbery & social and financial fraud. England has a very bad reputation concerning this.
#AeroFrodo

scottracing

http://www.kolles.biz/

kolles site is in the process of being updated, I wonder if this will be the name on the 2015 entry if they get that far?
It does seem to be very reminiscent of the HRT fiasco now and I wonder what will happen to the rest of the team at Leafield, as not everyone will be able to move to germany at the drop of a hat :(

dobbster71

WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

ScottB

Interesting that Fernandes kept ownership of the GP2 team when selling the F1 operation.

Richard

ScottB wrote:Interesting that Fernandes kept ownership of the GP2 team when selling the F1 operation.
Perhaps he had no choice - you can only sell if there someone wants to buy.

adrianjordan

Richard wrote:
ScottB wrote:Interesting that Fernandes kept ownership of the GP2 team when selling the F1 operation.
Perhaps he had no choice - you can only sell if there someone wants to buy.
Just to play devil's advocate, perhaps there was actually more interest in the GP2 team....so he took longer to get the best deal available....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

marcush.

WilliamsF1 wrote:
what has not been hidden is the fact that Colin Kolles is not a director of Caterham Sports Ltd, but that his father - Colin Kolles Senior - is. It is a small detail, but one that has raised eyebrows.

=D>
It´s Kolles Father who really run the business ..so nothing special here.I knew some guys working there when they campaigned Audi DTM and Midland/Spyker in Formula 1 and Colin Jr was hardly ever mentioned...

Kolles company is called Kodewa these days ,no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodewa
http://www.lotus-lmp2.com/de/disclaimer.html

Duckman

20/10/14 Caterham Sport Ltd have today entered into Administration (No. 7424 of 2014). Under such circumstances this office will not be auctioning the goods seized and removed.

Not seen it on any news outlets yet, but the sherrifs office (bailiffs that took caterham's stuff before Italy) just posted it on their site

source
http://thesheriffsoffice.com/articles/b ... -equipment

scottracing

I had an email from the company that siezed the goods from leafield, stating that caterham sports ltd had gone into liquidation and they wouldnt be able to auction the goods.
From the search online below it looks as though kolles senior gave up a few weeks ago, and the company is held under a romanian handball player?
What happens next is your guess as good as mine, but I think we can guarentee there will be no caterham on the grid next year!

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07042 ... ecretaries

Jonnycraig

Well you would imagine the Caterham assets will get a 'Forza Rosso' sticker slapped on them and reappear for next season.

dren

Scarbs tweeted: "I'm told Caterham Sport who had operated the F1 team has been put into administration, the F1 team is now operated by 1MRT."
Honda!

Manoah2u

So has anybody read about kobayashi fearing for his safety during the Russian GP with this kind of 'high-tech' repairs to his cars since there are no replacement parts available?

this is absurd.

how can this team be allowed to continue? they seem able to 'magically' pop up a new front nose but weren't able to fix a wishbone? all members running and fleeing? I didn't have a high regard for Christian Albers as a driver, but as a former teammanager this is even worse.......i know he's been replaced but there were as usual big words and not even the tiniest result.......except for endangering your drivers?

seriously? :wtf:

HRT-level respect now. The car looks cool, but that's it. insane.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ScottB

Albers was there for what, a fortnight? Don't think you can blame him for much of this...

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote:So has anybody read about kobayashi fearing for his safety during the Russian GP with this kind of 'high-tech' repairs to his cars since there are no replacement parts available?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/7 ... ension.jpg

this is absurd.

how can this team be allowed to continue? they seem able to 'magically' pop up a new front nose but weren't able to fix a wishbone? all members running and fleeing? I didn't have a high regard for Christian Albers as a driver, but as a former teammanager this is even worse.......i know he's been replaced but there were as usual big words and not even the tiniest result.......except for endangering your drivers?

seriously? :wtf:

HRT-level respect now. The car looks cool, but that's it. insane.
Wow... . The fibres of the carbon are just falling apart. Looks like they are stretching useage of the parts way beyond what they are designed to.

I dearly hope they have replacement parts in place for Austin; no way they'll get through scrutineering with that.
#AeroFrodo