Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

Shrieker wrote:
I want that moto2 bike...

Agreed although I think id remove Johann's number though. It must be harder to ride with that number. Either that or he makes it look harder
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adrianjordan

Leendert82 wrote:
I dont think we will see much white this year yet (probably next year) but it will be like the GP2 car livery
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BehDEurIMAE9S2y.jpg:large
Anyone else think an F1 car with the livery on that Super7 would look awesome??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

multisync

thejudge13 is saying the team is now up for sale...

WillerZ

multisync wrote:thejudge13 is saying the team is now up for sale...
I'll chip in a fiver.

multisync

WillerZ wrote:
multisync wrote:thejudge13 is saying the team is now up for sale...
I'll chip in a fiver.
sold!

Alman

Caterham: fire in factory, 7 people in the hospital :(
http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/5 ... pital.html

CHT
CHT

Re: Caterham F1 Team 2013

I am not surprise about this outcome.

Renault confirms Caterham joint venture will be axed
Renault has reportedly confirmed to union leaders in France that its joint sports car venture with Caterham will be axed from the beginning of April.

Both Renault and Caterham will continue to develop their sports cars seperately. Renault has also confirmed the Alpine sports car will go on sale in 2016. The two brands will continue to work together in Formula One.

According to a report from France's CGT union, the cancellation of the joint venture project will have no impact on the 300 jobs held for small-series production at the Dieppe factory, thanks to a new agreement to build the Clio RS there until 2018.

The deal between the two sides was forged in 2012, with the partnership dubbed the Societe des Automobiles Alpine Caterham (SAAC)

It is not clear whether the two cars will continue to share the same architecture and powertrains. The Alpine has been tipped to get 250bhp, with Caterham said to be chasing nearer 300bhp. The target kerb weight is 1100kg.

Neither Renault or Caterham have released official statements on the situation.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indus ... ll-be-axed

scottracing

thats not good news, hopefully everyone is ok.
Initial reports said it was mockup engine related, but it was in the pattern shop, epoxy tooling block is nasty stuff if it catches fire

xkt_05202

Mark Smith has parted way with Caterham F1.
http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/new ... -structure

BorisTheBlade

That was to be expected. They saw 2014 as their chance to make inroads but instead they find themselves behind marussia both in terms of standings and in terms of performance in Barcelona.

FW17

I guess f1 journalist advising team management on business is never going to work, they should get rid of the known it all Joe Seward and David Tremayne from being their directors.

CHT
CHT

Marussia result today is likely to put an end to Tony's interest in the team.

GBP350m might be a little too optimistic I think.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-2 ... ports.html
Tony Fernandes, chief executive officer of low-cost carrier AirAsia Bhd. (AIRA), plans to sell the Caterham group of automotive and engineering companies, The Edge Malaysia reported.

The 50-year-old Malaysian businessman is seeking about 350 million pounds ($589 million) for the assets that include U.K. sports car manufacturer Caterham Cars Ltd. and the Caterham Formula One Team, the newspaper said, citing a person it didn’t identify.

An information memorandum on the sale is being circulated in the Middle East, Edge reported. Fernandes didn’t respond to a call and a text message to his mobile phone, as well as an e-mail, seeking comment.

The reported sale follows Fernandes’s warning in January to stop funding the F1 Team if performance didn’t improve, the Edge reported. The Caterham-Renault racing team failed to win a single point in the 2012 and 2013 seasons, as well as in the first five races this year, official FIA results showed.

Fernandes also scrapped a plan to introduce a premium private-jet operation known as Caterham Jet after several failed attempts, the Malaysian Reserve newspaper reported on May 23.

Fernandes, ranked 28th richest person in Malaysia by Forbes magazine with a net worth of $650 million, also owns British football club Queens Park Rangers that has won promotion to the Premier League next season.

scottracing

he will definitely sell it, even at a loss then spend what money he does have on the football. Its a much better business plan.

CHT
CHT

scottracing wrote:he will definitely sell it, even at a loss then spend what money he does have on the football. Its a much better business plan.
I think it will be difficult to find a buyer for the caterham group because those who are interested in the F1 team might not want to buy into their Caterham sports car division. I wonder what will happen to Caterham GP2 once its sold