Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

I think the Caterham facilities would be a good base for the new F1 team that is rumoured to be Forza Rossa.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

gray41

Would they be allowed new drivers mid season?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

kooleracer

gray41 wrote:Would they be allowed new drivers mid season?
Ofcourse there is now rule about how many drivers a F1 team can use during the season. Its the teams sole decision. HRT used a lot of drivers during the season.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

gray41

Chance for frijns?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

kooleracer

gray41 wrote:Chance for frijns?
Lets hope so, because Marcus Ericsson is not up for the task he wasn't in GP2 and isn't now.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

scottracing

from the stories ive heard of Kolles, it might not be a great thing for the team, but i hope im proved wrong.

FW17

Maybe Narain Karthikeyan will make a return.

Why do the F1 media put out news 'a consortium has bought', cant these lazy assed idiots find out who the consortium is before putting out the news?

Pierce89

scottracing wrote:from the stories ive heard of Kolles, it might not be a great thing for the team, but i hope im proved wrong.
Are you referring to Kolles business practices, I've definitely heard negative things in that regard, but at the same time, the man is a true racer through and through.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

scottracing

yeah the business ethics, and the fact he still owes money to certain people doesn't make him the most reliable or trustworthy person, however I will agree he is a racer and might just give the team a kick up the rear?

monsi

... replacing Cyril Abiteboul who will leave the team to pursue new challenges
The corporate speak around these things ..... One sometimes wonders what these
new challenges
really are. A new job already lined up ? a number of likely possibilities of which one is almost certain to work ? the choices around how to use a substantial payoff ? the depression of staring unemployment in the face ? the challenge of resisting the urge to throw yourself under a bus ? I don't know the man or his abilities, but I wish him well, and likewise any others displaced.

wesley123

Albers as a team principal? That's quite the career switch that early in your life. I hope he is a better team principal than he was a driver.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Gaz.

WilliamsF1 wrote:Maybe Narain Karthikeyan will make a return.

Why do the F1 media put out news 'a consortium has bought', cant these lazy assed idiots find out who the consortium is before putting out the news?
They can fill out the facts as and when they get them, but the media like to break a story before their immediate competitors do. I was working on the presses for the nights both Whitney Houston & Micheal Jackson died. The Editorial team had no other information about either of them aside that their deaths had been announced (Jacko by TMZ, Houston by her manager) so a quick article was made for both of them that said a lot without any real substance as they had to get those stories on the news stands, it'd be commercial suicide not to. Obviously my example is on a much bigger scale than the Caterham consortium but for Autosport, PlanetF1, TheJudge13, F1Fanatic, Motorsport etc it's a big deal for them to each beat the other to announce anything. :)
Forza Jules

lio007

monsi wrote:
... replacing Cyril Abiteboul who will leave the team to pursue new challenges
The corporate speak around these things ..... One sometimes wonders what these
new challenges
really are. A new job already lined up ? a number of likely possibilities of which one is almost certain to work ? the choices around how to use a substantial payoff ? the depression of staring unemployment in the face ? the challenge of resisting the urge to throw yourself under a bus ? I don't know the man or his abilities, but I wish him well, and likewise any others displaced.
He is going back to Renault.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 41326.html