Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

According to Omnicorse, Mclaren made it. Besides new FW and new RW required for Spa, they managed to manufacture the new diffuser and the new rear floor which was supposed earlier this month that will work in conjunction with just one pair of mushrooms.
Source: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/40873/ ... iore-nuovi

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

New rumours about Vettel-Mclaren.
Source: http://www.motorsportitalia.net/novita- ... nso-honda/

Kiril Varbanov

Ex-team principal Martin Whitmarsh formally parts ways with McLaren.

McLaren and its former Formula 1 team principal Martin Whitmarsh have now officially parted company, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Whitmarsh was removed from his role in January after Ron Dennis returned to power as McLaren's Group CEO.

Dennis believed that the increased demands of the calendar meant that the traditional role of team principal was no longer appropriate for the challenges posed by modern F1.

"The first four races this year, the team doesn't come back," Dennis said in March. "With the former role of team principal, it was like being out of the company for four months.

"I defy anyone to run a company and have four months out of the company."

Although the Woking-based outfit moved quickly to install a new structure with Eric Boullier as racing director and Jonathan Neale as Group F1 CEO, Whitmarsh remained under contract with the team.

However, following lengthy discussions between Whitmarsh and Dennis over the past months, a settlement has been agreed for a parting of ways.

The generous package, which is in line with Whitmarsh's 24 years of service at McLaren, means that his time at the team is now formally over.

McLaren has declined to elaborate over the specifics of the settlement, but has confirmed that Whitmarsh is no longer part of the company.

A McLaren spokesman told AUTOSPORT: "McLaren and Martin Whitmarsh have agreed amicably to part company."

CptPeanut
CptPeanut

More speculation about a Vettel, and possibly Newey, move to McLaren

http://www.pitpass.com/52315/Minardi-pr ... to-McLaren

Pierce89

CptPeanut wrote:More speculation about a Vettel, and possibly Newey, move to McLaren

Minardi is completely full of sh!t. None of his proclamations from the past couple of years has been true.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bauc

Pierce89 wrote:
CptPeanut wrote:More speculation about a Vettel, and possibly Newey, move to McLaren

Minardi is completely full of sh!t. None of his proclamations from the past couple of years has been true.

Correct, and Vettel is staying in RedBull in 2015 for sure. I hate Vettel but I'm sure he has the balls to challenge Daniel next year and to ''prove'' he is the better RedBull driver. As for 2016 who knows, most likely Ferrari
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

prince
prince

bauc wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:

Correct, and Vettel is staying in RedBull in 2015 for sure. I hate Vettel but I'm sure he has the balls to challenge Daniel next year and to ''prove'' he is the better RedBull driver. As for 2016 who knows, most likely Ferrari
On the face of it, it appears to be a very lip smacking script. If happened, could really make 2015 a really entertaining season and add to it IF and that is a really big IF, Renault and Ferrari could pump the engine performances to match Merc and Honda doing a miracle to match too. It could be a stunner of a season.

But, all of it may not happen.
1. Fernando would probably want to give one last try with Ferrari, trusting the new leadership of Mattiacci and James Allison.
2. So, there is a very strong possibility that McLaren would chase Lewis to get him back home and If Lewis doesn't win title this year, it more than likely that he would go back to McLaren. But contract negotiations would not wait until the end of championship, so coming few races would definitely reveal what Lewis would do. It would not be hard to know what Lewis would do as his emotions would come out fast and the world would get to know if he is going to McLaren. Lewis would be the only strongest prospect that McLaren will have.
3. Vettel would be a possibility to leave RedBull. Now that they have a race winning driver in Daniel, Red Bull would not mind leaving Vettel. But if Vettel is intending to leave, Ferrari would poach him and dump Kimi for sure.
4. If Lewis leaves Merc, Bottas is going to be at Merc for sure. He has proved himself as a prospective race winner and is being managed by Toto.
5. I wonder if Jenson would be in F1. He would not want to be another Massa at Williams and neither does Williams want it.
6. If Lewis and Fernando stay back and the possibility of Ferrari poaching Vettel very high, it leaves McLaren with no big choices. If none, Grosjean would be a good option to replace Jenson. McLaren has to wait for another year to re-work on their options.

CHT
CHT

Newey was on podium to collect the trophy last weekend, that goes to show that Newey career and relationship RBR is intact. So I see no reason how Newey would want to go back to work with an ex-boss whom he doesnt enjoy working. And its not to say that RBR is not paying Newey well either.

As for Vettel, there is no reason why he needs to gamble on Mclaren with Honda. If he is going to move, I think Merc could be the most logical choice because of the current domination on the engine.

My guess is that for Mclaren, they might be able to get LH back if NR do go on to win the WDC this season.

WaikeCU

CHT wrote:

Newey was on podium to collect the trophy last weekend, that goes to show that Newey career and relationship RBR is intact. So I see no reason how Newey would want to go back to work with an ex-boss whom he doesnt enjoy working. And its not to say that RBR is not paying Newey well either.

As for Vettel, there is no reason why he needs to gamble on Mclaren with Honda. If he is going to move, I think Merc could be the most logical choice because of the current domination on the engine.

My guess is that for Mclaren, they might be able to get LH back if NR do go on to win the WDC this season.

Would be perfect for Mercedes to become an all German team.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Great interview about Mclaren with Ron Dennis.

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 16267.html

monsi
monsi

I doubt they want that. I would assume they want to get the best marketing coverage they can from their driver line up. If there was a good Chinese driver available I would assume they would be interested, as that has to be a big market for Mercedes.

CHT
CHT

WaikeCU wrote:

Would be perfect for Mercedes to become an all German team.[/quote]

We had an all german Merc and all british Mclaren just a few years back.

Thunder

CHT wrote:
We had an all german Merc and all british Mclaren just a few years back.
The all british McLaren was at least mostly british. The only things German at Merc are the Money, the Badge and arguably Nico Rosberg.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

iotar__

Thunders wrote: The all british McLaren was at least mostly british. The only things German at Merc are the Money, the Badge and arguably Nico Rosberg.
Except for half of it owned by Middle Eastern dictators. Without it this fine all British team wouldn't exist in current form, same for Merc without German money, just tiny details.

Thunder

That's why i said mostly, not all british if you read my Post again.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum