Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
akshat21

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Thunders wrote:Wasn't there something at the beginning of this Season with Toro Rosso doing stational Engine Tests with the Full Car on a Test Rig in Austria? It was declared ok.
Yup. It was declared legal as their was no front and rear wings I think..

Honda can do that. That would be perfectly legal.

There a lot if ways honda can test with mclaren. The key is what Eric boullier had said. That "there is a gentlemen's agreement not to test"..

bauc

Does any one knows where can I find the full interview with Ron Dennis talking to Martin Brundle (expect on demand at Sky Sports).
Thanks.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CjC
CjC

I might be jumping the gun here, we've all seen that johnnie walker have become the 'official whiskey of formula 1'. Members on here suggest mclaren have lost another sponsor, I didn't agree take Santander for instance, but it seems those fears have come true, looking at the mclarens in FP1 at Sochi I can't see johnnie walker on the helmets of the drivers, haven't seen if the logo has gone off the overalls too yet.

Come on Ron! Get your sh1t sorted!
Just a fan's point of view

Chris@Woking

CjC wrote:I might be jumping the gun here, we've all seen that johnnie walker have become the 'official whiskey of formula 1'. Members on here suggest mclaren have lost another sponsor, I didn't agree take Santander for instance, but it seems those fears have come true, looking at the mclarens in FP1 at Sochi I can't see johnnie walker on the helmets of the drivers, haven't seen if the logo has gone off the overalls too yet.

McLaren didn't lost the JW sponsorship. They can't run this sponsorship in Russia because of a advertising ban on alcohol. Williams isn't running Martini either.
McLaren confirmed as well that the JW sponsorship will run further despite JW is becoming an official sponsor of F1. The logos will appear on the 2015 car as well.

CptPeanut

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Definite new front wing, will try and find out about any other changes.

Listening to FP2 practise it seems that the increased traction that the MP4-29 generates is giving us an advantage over other teams on the fresh track surface.

CjC
CjC

I was totally expecting an upturn in mclarens pace defiantly for FP1, mclaren have the best simulation tools so near enough have the perfect set up straight out of the box, I am expecting the others to catch during the weekend.

However, I did notice that Kmag didn't have the new front wing on in FP1 and I'm assuming Button did (he certainly does for FP1), so maybe it is an improvement in front down force? And hence lap time??

CjC
CjC

Chris@Woking wrote:
CjC wrote:I might be jumping the gun here, we've all seen that johnnie walker have become the 'official whiskey of formula 1'. Members on here suggest mclaren have lost another sponsor, I didn't agree take Santander for instance, but it seems those fears have come true, looking at the mclarens in FP1 at Sochi I can't see johnnie walker on the helmets of the drivers, haven't seen if the logo has gone off the overalls too yet.

McLaren didn't lost the JW sponsorship. They can't run this sponsorship in Russia because of a advertising ban on alcohol. Williams isn't running Martini either.
McLaren confirmed as well that the JW sponsorship will run further despite JW is becoming an official sponsor of F1. The logos will appear on the 2015 car as well.
Ah! Makes sense, I notice that Williams looked a bit different too but it didn't click.
I remember reading the article now, saying they will continue together

Good.... Good.

CptPeanut

From what I can find out there was no simulation work done ahead of this GP as the track had not been scanned. It sounds like no-one could get access as it wasn't finished until the last minute.

trinidefender

If we all think back to Singapore and Japan the Macca cars were largely front DF limited and were suffering with understeer. Jenson button complained about it. Kevin M. Then asked for more turns on his front wing (a steeper angle of attack). McLaren told him that they only have half the amount he wanted.

I get the impression that McLaren knew that their front wing wasn't generating enough downforce and that the new wing with its two upper sections has been in the pipeline for some time now. It appears they brought an updated wing to Singapore but didn't work as intended so they worked on it some more and now it's here.

Sasha

Mclaren finally got the mechanical grip right this year(proved by their pace in the Wet and Street Races) so that is a good base for next year to fix their Aero(more downforce with less drag) for next year.

They are already one step ahead by the chassis being built to the exact dimensions of the PU and heat management requirements for next year.

Thunder

Really good result today. That was much needed. Seems like they got the Singepore Updates to work properly.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Thunders wrote:Really good result today. That was much needed. Seems like they got the Singepore Updates to work properly.
If they can produce good result in USA as well in three weeks time - than maybe just maybe they can challenge Ferrari for 4th in the standings.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

podpi

bauc wrote:Does any one knows where can I find the full interview with Ron Dennis talking to Martin Brundle (expect on demand at Sky Sports).
Thanks.
+1... have searched everywhere. It's a 42 min interview vs 5 min they showed here: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... ot-publish

Help appreciated.

smr
smr

If you have Sky and catch up TV it's on there, watched it the other day, quite fascinating interview :)

mclaren_mircea

Mclaren have the best SIM according to Omnicorse.it

"Il software rFpro è in uso anche alla McLaren: la squadra di Woking, proprio a Sochi ha dimostrato di avere il miglior sistema di simulazione, portando le due MP4-29 a piazzamenti davanti alla Ferrari di Fernando Alonso."