Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

langwadt wrote:
akshat21 wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/6 ... llter.html

Summary:
-Alonso will sign with Honda for 3 years.
-The negotiations between Alonso's management and Honda are led on the japanese side by the CEO of "Honda Motor Corporation".
-They make clear to Alonso and his management that they have a 3 year plan to take the title, and apparently he accepted (this means that his relations with Ferrari are totally broken, if for Mclaren can wait 3 years but for Ferrari not).
- Honda will purchase at leat 25% of the shares of Mclaren Racing
- The delay with the engine it's because of a totally redesign arhitecture of the engine, going more for a Mercedes route.
- They are using huge resources, they have taken some from Moto Gp and even from the road car division to fire ahead V6 progect
- Mclaren will not be their works team for ever if they faill to win it.

It would be very interesting if Alonso indeed is an employee on the Honda roster. As if it were to happen, that means Mclaren would have additional cash available to car development rather than paying driver salary. Remember, if indeed Alonso's contract is worth as the article suggests, it would mean that Mclaren will have to shell out the driver salary and still stay within RRA.

If he is a Honda employee, Mclaren can use that cash towards car development and not worry about the RRA.
I believe I read somewhere a long time ago that the Honda McLaren deal was, free engines, 50mill euro and half the drivers pay

Not to mention that sponsors tend to follow alonzo...Will Santander be far behind?

trinidefender

diffuser wrote:
Not to mention that sponsors tend to follow alonzo...Will Santander be far behind?
The Santander logo is red and white and we all know that companies use colour association as a big part of advertising these days. If Alonso does come across to Macca and brings with him some Santander money then I'm sure they will push for more Red/white on the car.

Along with the Red/white of Honda it does make me curious as to what their paint scheme will be next year should he come across. I mean I do like the kind of silver/black or gun metal grey thing they have going on but some colour would be a nice change.

Mesteño

If not Santander, get ready for Movistar, who I think can get much more money as F1 will be tvpaid in Spain next year.

Things look so good for Mclaren if they get Alonso and a decent engine... just hype.

diffuser

Mesteño wrote:If not Santander, get ready for Movistar, who I think can get much more money as F1 will be tvpaid in Spain next year.

Things look so good for Mclaren if they get Alonso and a decent engine... just hype.

We'll see, I'm not sure Alonzo is convinced that McLaren/Honda can do it. Which is y I believe they are still pushing. with Development in 2014.

Avocado

trinidefender wrote:it does make me curious as to what their paint scheme will be next year
This is one of the most exciting things, at least for me! :D

adrianjordan

Avocado wrote:
trinidefender wrote:it does make me curious as to what their paint scheme will be next year
This is one of the most exciting things, at least for me! :D
Don't think I've been so intrigued about a new livery since Honda in 2007....oh wait....that didn't turn out too well....hopefully McLaren and not Honda will design this one..!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

podpi

smr wrote:If you have Sky and catch up TV it's on there, watched it the other day, quite fascinating interview :)
I don't have access to Sky, live overseas :/ Any chance anyone could pop it up on youtube?

bauc

podpi wrote:
smr wrote:If you have Sky and catch up TV it's on there, watched it the other day, quite fascinating interview :)
I don't have access to Sky, live overseas :/ Any chance anyone could pop it up on youtube?
I've searched for it everywhere, still no luck :(
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren_mircea

Interesting article on Omnicorse about Mclaren and Mp4-30.

Summary:
- Mclaren cannot permit anymore to have a large structure of the management team like Mercedes and Ferrari. To Jonathan Neale, Tim Goss and Sam Michael apparently are going to leave sonner than latter.
- Peter Prodromou have great input on the next aero package for Abu Dhabi and next year car.
- The new FW which will have features for next year car will be on the car in Abu Dhabi and on Mp4-29H
- The general design of the mp4-30 will respect the concept and the philosophy of RB cars.
- Very important. The data and the simulation results from Sakura on the engine are matching what Mercedes currently have.
- Peter wants to ditch the butter fly suspension for next year.

Source: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/42886/ ... e-red-bull

mikeerfol

mclaren_mircea wrote:Interesting article on Omnicorse about Mclaren and Mp4-30.

Summary:
- Mclaren cannot permit anymore to have a large structure of the management team like Mercedes and Ferrari. To Jonathan Neale, Tim Goss and Sam Michael apparently are going to leave sonner than latter.

According to the article this will happen because there's no major sponsor, so no major sponsor for 2015 as well?

SiLo

mclaren_mircea wrote:Interesting article on Omnicorse about Mclaren and Mp4-30.

Summary:
- Peter Prodromou have great input on the next aero package for Abu Dhabi and next year car.
- The new FW which will have features for next year car will be on the car in Abu Dhabi and on Mp4-29H
- The general design of the mp4-30 will respect the concept and the philosophy of RB cars.
- Very important. The data and the simulation results from Sakura on the engine are matching what Mercedes currently have.
- Peter wants to ditch the butter fly suspension for next year.

I'll believe all of this when I see it. But I really hope we get McLaren back at the front next year. As much as I liked watching Mercedes win, their domination all season has become somewhat tedious, however awe-inspiring their pace has been.
Felipe Baby!

SectorOne

mclaren_mircea wrote:- The general design of the mp4-30 will respect the concept and the philosophy of RB cars.
Assuming this is true, that got me extremely excited to see next years car.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dren

mclaren111 wrote:Source ?
An "insider" who has been on point withjust about all the rumors to date. I also asked James Allen on his site and he pretty much confirmed. I'd guess Ron is going out.
Honda!

podpi

bauc wrote:
podpi wrote:
I've searched for it everywhere, still no luck :(
Me too. So some things in this world can't be found online :o

Sasha

Berger is stepping down from his role with the FIA at the end of this season.

Is that a hint to the rumors,he will replace Ron Dennis?