Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

After looking on Mcalren's performance relative to Williams, i believe that their power unit is less maximised than the williams package. Mercedes may have done this at the start of the season knowing full well that Mclaren will be switching to Honda.
I really believe that the ERS is more advanced in the Williams and Mercedes car.
In fact it would be silly of Mclaren to try and benchmark the honda engine to the Mercedes PU, as they would be selling themselves short. It's the long term partners like williams who are enjoying the fruits of mercedes labour.
Mclaren simply got a 6 for 9 from Merc when they declared that they will be switching to Honda.
For Sure!!

bauc

ringo wrote:After looking on Mcalren's performance relative to Williams, i believe that their power unit is less maximised than the williams package. Mercedes may have done this at the start of the season knowing full well that Mclaren will be switching to Honda.
I really believe that the ERS is more advanced in the Williams and Mercedes car.
In fact it would be silly of Mclaren to try and benchmark the honda engine to the Mercedes PU, as they would be selling themselves short. It's the long term partners like williams who are enjoying the fruits of mercedes labour.
Mclaren simply got a 6 for 9 from Merc when they declared that they will be switching to Honda.
Dont forget the Petronas fuel as well as a performance factor between the cars of the Mclaren & Williams teams, since it was designed specially for the Merc engine way way in advance and its currently used only by Merc & Williams
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mikeerfol

And Force India as well. (And Lotus from next year.)

frosty125

Good to see that McLaren have confirmed that the MP4-29H 1x1 will be used for the Abu Dhabi test.

Trocola

McLaren says that they will announce the driver line-up for 2015 on december.

Last year, they said they were going to announce the new sponsor on december

Great work from McLaren. What they are doing to Jenson and Kevin is embarrasing. Firing one of them on december is the same as put them away from F1

mclaren111

All of this is for maximum press attention.

Both drivers already know where they are for next year !!!!

McLaren is playing a publicity game !!!!

diffuser

Maybe, If anyone of them had other options for next year (like for example Vettle ) they would left. Don't forget it's a buisness. It works both ways.

turbof1

I personally believe neither Button or Magnussen know their faith. Remember, Mclaren left Perez last year with a very dire situation. Mclaren is just doing the same crap as last year.
#AeroFrodo

KingHamilton01

whatever Happen's McLaren will come up with a useless excuse as to why they did it this way.......!
McLaren Mercedes

WaikeCU

Not really, they're just waiting for these ladies...

to announce their comeback! :D

lotus7

But.... Geri is now hooked to Horner. Will she be "contractually" allowed to Spice up a Mclaren party ?

turbof1

lotus7 wrote:But.... Geri is now hooked to Horner. Will she be "contractually" allowed to Spice up a Mclaren party ?
Horner strikes me more as the guy being chained up by his fiancee. I'd see him going to Mercedes before trying to tell Geri Hariwell what she can and can't do. After all, she had that song something with making men rain down. Maybe she'll do a do-over of that song where she throws Horner off a skyscraper in the videoclip to emphasise the title.

(Yeah sorry, couldn't help myself!)
#AeroFrodo

lotus7

she had that song something with making men rain down
Halleluja !

BTW: Has Horner joined Max's "chain gang" club ?

ringo

have you all seen the interview with Boulier after qaulifying when he was asked about Jenson's qualifying?
He repplied "good" but you could see that was a shallow response. He knows Jenson's qualifying holds no value going forward.
He snickered after than as asked what do you expect him to say?
Bye bye Jenson!
For Sure!!

Mesteño

Ron Dennis about Alonso: 'when you try to rebuild your marriage, it becomes stronger'

Doubt he's leaving so

EDIT: Well, maybe the best way to fix a marriage is running away, who knows