Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScottB
ScottB

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Gridlock wrote:
FoxHound wrote: And joe saward recently commented of the possibilty of Orange telecommunications being a sponsor.
Orange won't exist in the UK after March, so this is highly doubtful.
Yup, EE replaced it globally.

Also as has been said, the SCE logo is not one that would be used in advertising, it would be the Playstation brand, which does not have orange in it.

I would imagine Xperia is the logical option if Sony was seeking to promote one of its brands, it's phone division needs all the help it can get to close up on Samsung.

I suppose it's entirely possible it could be Sony, with sub brands being used at different races as they choose to...

FoxHound

Well perhaps they have managed to incorporate it into the orange colour scheme if indeed it will be a white and orange car.
I'm going to guess everything is hush hush because mclaren want maximum impact when they unveil their car.
JET set

idfx

The evolution of the logo Mclaren
----------

mikeerfol

Dennis replaces Whitmarsh as McLaren Group CEO

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19058

Juzh

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/08398

Don't think Whitmarsh is entirely safe in his position.

Felipe 92

It would be even better if he replaced Whitmarsh as a F1 team principal.Ron has charisma and I think his work ethic and attention to detail made McLaren one of the greatest teams.Back in his days he inspired team to be at their best and in last few years they made a lot of stupid mistakes. Remember when he described dedication he expected from team members as : You cut yourself, you bleed McLaren.

FoxHound

Felipe 92 wrote:Ron has charisma....
Don't get me wrong, I think Dennis is effective but charismatic he ain't.
JET set

Holm86

I would love to see Ron back as team principal. I really like Withmarsh, he seems like a very pleasant person. But Ron is the kid of guy who gets the job done. And since Withmarsh took over I think the teams has made some very strange decisions. Both car design wise and on-track strategy.

Pup
Pup

It doesn't sound good for Whitmarsh, does it?

Dennis could return as principal, or there could be a third man (Brawn?) waiting in the wings. (Or of course Whitmarsh could stay.)

WhiteBlue

Last year's debacle had to have consequences and with the automotive division out of the worst Dennis was always likely to bang a few heads together at the F1 team. There is nobody else to carry the blame but Whitmarsh. Its only logical that he will be dropped or moved elsewhere.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pup
Pup

I could see Martin stay on as COO - he seems to be more of an operations guy, and Dennis obviously has a lot of respect for him in that role. I don't know what their relationship is like now. We've heard about disagreements, and rumors that Ron has tried to get his job back for a few years. If true, there could be enough bad blood that they can't work together.

I'm also curious if it didn't take more than last year's performance to precipitate this. There are rumors about them losing whomever was to be the new title sponsor.

Some thoughts on options to replace Martin:

Dennis - he may feel too out of touch or too busy to take on the role
Brawn - an obvious choice, if he can work with Ron
Boullier - I'm sure he'd rather work for McLaren than Lotus right now, and apart from the budget he did well with Lotus
Sam Michael - every McLaren fan's greatest fear
Jonathan Neale - quite possible, I think
Flavio - dear god no, but I bet he's on the phone trying to get through
Haug - that's a real long shot, but borderline conceivable
Me - I happen to be available

If I had to place a bet right now, I'd go with Neale. Outside chance of Brawn or Boullier.

FoxHound

Haug would eat mclaren out of house and home.
JET set

dren

This is taken from another website from a guy who is almost always right about this stuff. Most of what he says has come true:
Ron Dennis has took over as CEO,replacing Martin Whitmarsh!

Ron is back in control of the company.

The Team Principal will be announced next month.(Brawn?)

The F1 car will be most likely orange.
Honda!

Holm86

dren wrote:This is taken from another website from a guy who is almost always right about this stuff. Most of what he says has come true:

Who is this guy?

Glyn
Glyn

Holm86 wrote:
dren wrote:This is taken from another website from a guy who is almost always right about this stuff. Most of what he says has come true:

Who is this guy?
It's almost a dream come true. Ron Dennis and Ross Brawn at Mclaren.

If it is real. It will be exciting.