Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

SectorOne wrote:Williams?

He´s going to Ferrari after his Merc stint mark my words.
If Vettel has anything to say and Ferrari is eyeing a repeat of the Schumacher-era then there is no way Hamilton will arrive at Ferrari anywhere in the next 4 years.

It would be interesting though and a Vettel-Hamilton pairing @ Ferrari would be 'epic'. But imho it would not fit within Vettel's vision or plans with Ferrari.

anyway

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SidSidney

Manoah2u wrote: So based upon this; Magnussen def. out in 2015.

And, I still keep in mind Kevin only got there because of Whitmarsh contractual screwups.
I tend to agree. It would be quite hard to argue that Magnussen has done a better job than Button this season, much as I like the guy and his dad.

Who could the Danish multi-national Ron mentioned be?
  • Saxo Bank - banking - have history in cycling and also F1 with Lotus
    Lego - toys - I think unlikely for McLaren, but from the language Ron used he may be alluding to targetting kids
    Carlsberg - beer - possible
    Novo Nordisk - pharma - not highly likely, they need another channel to market
    Velux - windows - possible, they have large global market
    TDC - mobile network - not really global like Vodafone, regional
    NKT - industrials - maybe, McLaren has been good with industrials like Akzo and Coutaulds
    Group 4 Securicor - security - Group 4 was a Danish firm before they meged with Securicor in UK
    Falck - safety, healthcare - possible, they are very large multi national and have broad range of related sectors
    Ecco - shoes - can't see it beyond a smaller sponsorship for clothing or something
    Vestas - wind turbines - maybe, although making losses, would be a easier green story for them with the new PUs
    Grundfos - pumps - large firm, not clesr why they would go for that but has to be on the list
    Maersk - shipping - massive company, global associations, quite a strong candidate
    Bang & Olufsen - possible, would fit with luxury positioning
    Danfoss - industrial controls - possible but unlikely they don't seem very sexy
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

PABLOEING

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

In BBC last night........20 engineers from Ferrari to McLaren.ALO and Andrea Stella behind this men.

GrizzleBoy

PABLOEING wrote:In BBC last night........20 engineers from Ferrari to McLaren.ALO and Andrea Stella behind this men.
Eh o_o, wow.

Engineers like design/production, or pit crew engineers?

f1rules

PABLOEING wrote:In BBC last night........20 engineers from Ferrari to McLaren.ALO and Andrea Stella behind this men.

lol, that can be both good and bad judging by their current form

WaikeCU

SidSidney wrote: ...but from the language Ron used he may be alluding to targetting kids
:lol: :lol:

kooleracer

Vandoorne will drive both days in the post-season test. Is this a sign for next year, the most balanced driver line-up as far i'm concerned is Alonso and Vandoorne. Experience and youth from the highest caliber. Its almost like the Hamilton Alonso paring of 2007.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

ollandos

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116927

eric for the test......

not to many laps ........

Mesteño

Does anybody bet for a Japanese pilot in Mclaren?

mikeerfol

Mesteño wrote:Does anybody bet for a Japanese pilot in Mclaren?
Well...
https://twitter.com/TakumaSatoRacer/sta ... 9158829057

Mesteño

I thought of that after hearing Ron Dennis talk about a 4th possibility.

KingHamilton01

I think Any amount of lap's before they actually start testing properly next year is going to be a massive advantage! they will be able to see early gremlin's and sort them out before they really need to the engine to be reliable!
McLaren Mercedes

oT v1

are Mac testing with a honda engine today? not really hearing anything about times/whats going on :(
The Power of Dreams

Thunder

Yes they do. Maybe check this Thread: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=150
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Trocola

oT v1 wrote:are Mac testing with a honda engine today? not really hearing anything about times/whats going on :(
If by testing you mean "staying inside the garage trying to start the car" then yes, they are testing