Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
podpi
podpi

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

oT v1 wrote:are Mac testing with a honda engine today? not really hearing anything about times/whats going on :(
They're busy hiring:

1. "Electronics Sensor Technician" whose "purpose of the role is to perform detailed and precise assembly, test, servicing, fault investigation and repair of sensor equipment and precision electro-mechanical assemblies used on and off the cars."
2. "Quality Engineer" responsibility includes "conducting root cause analyses for component or process non-conformances followed by immediate containment or resolution actions."

kooleracer
kooleracer

These two days look more like the first test Renault had. But to be fair this is post-season testing. If the same happens in pre-season testing then they have a big problem on their hands.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Blackout

Do you know when did Honda start it's V6 turbo project and/or put the first prototype on the dyno?

bauc

Blackout wrote:Do you know when did Honda start it's V6 turbo project and/or put the first prototype on the dyno?
The Million dollar question isn't it? :D I only know there were rumors around the Internet that a Japanese looking folks were waking around the Mcalren TC in Woking few months before Mclaren & Honda announced their new partnership so I'm sure its 2 + years by now.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

kooleracer
kooleracer

We have established that McLaren test was not so successful. But what are McLaren doing personnel wise to increase their competitiveness. Peter Prodromou is of course their marquee addition so far. Have McLaren signed more "big name" engineers? Also is Gilles Simon really working for Honda on their V6 project?
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Thunder

Seems Andrea Stella from Ferrari will join McLaren, there were many rumours about this already.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 1360844370
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

astracrazy
astracrazy

have we heard anything about a title sponsor for them yet? is honda taking on that too? i may of missed something or just can't remember lol

Thunder

No nothing New yet.

Edit:

Button confirmed for 2015. Exclusive Picture from the Contract signing. https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/540483499271421952

Sorry i just had to... ^^
#aerogollum

diffuser

How do you Keep an idiot in suspense ?

I'll tell you Dec 1st!

no

December 4th !

no.....

WaikeCU

This is odd as Jenson doesn't know anything about his future either. Yet he's there in Edinburgh representing Mclaren together with Kevin. I'm assuming one of those two gets the drive while the other will still be member of Mclaren. Does Mclaren have a LMP program? Represent in the Blancpain series?

Stop playing with us Mclaren!

CptPeanut
CptPeanut

WaikeCU wrote:This is odd as Jenson doesn't know anything about his future either. Yet he's there in Edinburgh representing Mclaren together with Kevin. I'm assuming one of those two gets the drive while the other will still be member of Mclaren. Does Mclaren have a LMP program? Represent in the Blancpain series?

Not really odd, both are still in contract so therefore can be requested to attend promotional events. The fact that Jenson is still the prominent figure speaks volumes about his marketability.

WaikeCU

CptPeanut wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:This is odd as Jenson doesn't know anything about his future either. Yet he's there in Edinburgh representing Mclaren together with Kevin. I'm assuming one of those two gets the drive while the other will still be member of Mclaren. Does Mclaren have a LMP program? Represent in the Blancpain series?

Not really odd, both are still in contract so therefore can be requested to attend promotional events. The fact that Jenson is still the prominent figure speaks volumes about his marketability.
It's scary knowing that while speaking on that stage, this could well be his last day suiting up as a Mclaren driver and within 24h he's unemployed.

Richard
Richard

CptPeanut wrote:The fact that Jenson is still the prominent figure speaks volumes about his marketability.
Yup, I was greeted by the image below at the cash machine today. As I recall Santander feature another F1 driver in their advertising, some Spanish chap ... where's he going to be next year? Alonso-Button would be a royal flush for Santander, if they lose Button they'd seek a cut in the sponsorship cash ending up in McLaren's coffers.

McG

Disappointed I missed that in Edinburgh today. Please tell me it was a private function!

Button would be great in Blancpain, the new 650 GT3 is apparently easier to drive but actually at the end of the season the 12C didn't seem to bad even in tricky changeable conditions. Could the P1 GTR compete against LMP?
F1 is dead.

Thunder

https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/540548682673033216 The Story: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 1408966035

Don't know what to say anymore.... It's just getting tiresome like the Alonso Farce.
#aerogollum