Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JimClarkFan

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

marcush. wrote:Dennis persuaded a lot of People to do things unimaginable for others. He lured away Dr.zucker from Bosch and now Mclaren is a top brand in Terms of electronics -be it sensors ,ECUs ,data Aquisition,calibration. He made Mansour ojjeh pay for the Porsche turboengine ,buying into Mclaren ,financing the first roadcar Project F1 , got first Barnard,than Murray,then Newey to build the very best machinery ...You got to show respect for that old spannerman who was chief mechanic in Jack brabhams Team.
Starting in Motorsports with Cooper in 1966 he had his own Team (Rondel) attempting to compete in Formula 1 in 1973 ,the Project was stopped and the assets sold to Graham Hill who started his own F1team venture with that base.
but impressingly Ron was back in F1 with his Project Four Racing in 1981 taking over Mclaren in the same go.
Back then in the late 1970s I remember Rons F2 Outfit running Ralt and March machinery .The Team always had Ultra clean Paddock presence ,everything was worlds apart from the rest in Terms of presentation and professionalism....You could see them going places.Later they did the procar series preparing a fleet of BMW M1s and obviously Ron made good Connections in those days with BMW -as they later supplied a brilliant engine for the Mclaren roadcar Project...
Ron is a racer and a very very tough competitor and manager as hard to his employees as he is to himself -wich is ok but in our modern world maybe a bit unususal.
I can respect achievements. I just don't much like the way he does things - fully aware that a comment like this shouldn't be near a technical forum. I have no doubt Macca will do better under his reign, it is just that my love for Mclaren was stronger when he wasn't around. Like I said earlier, for me Whitmarsh and Brawn is dream team, I'm one of those who thinks that the Mercedes structure of separating technical and the more PR side of things is a good thing.

Writinglife

My personal wish is that Dennis will stay CEO, with Whitmarsh becoming something like chief marketing officer doing the PR side of things and Brawn coming in 2015 to run the pitlane side of things as team principal. My gut feel is that Whitmarsh will either fade into the background completely or leave for pastures new after feeling screwed by McLaren in favour of Dennis or Brawn being Team Principal.

bauc

This might be a stupid question but why does the official Mclaren Facebook profile is still named Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes ....dint they ended the sponsorship with Vodafone at the end of 2013?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

KingHamilton01

bauc wrote:This might be a stupid question but why does the official Mclaren Facebook profile is still named Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes ....dint they ended the sponsorship with Vodafone at the end of 2013?
good point!
McLaren Mercedes

Holm86

Just don't think they've thought about changing it yet. A little blunder.

Perhaps they see no reason to change it till the new sponsor is announced.

gary123

they will change their name in McLaren, on Friday ;)

Gridlock

It seems a lot of people are under the impression that Ron is allowed to be a TP again? I don't think that's correct...

Racer X

I hope the get Brawn this would make McLaren insanely strong.
I feel bad for Witmarsh but I would understand if they want to kik him out..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

muz
muz

bauc wrote:This might be a stupid question but why does the official Mclaren Facebook profile is still named Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes ....dint they ended the sponsorship with Vodafone at the end of 2013?
Its now just called mclaren and the text calls the team the 2014 mclaren mercedes team.

Holm86

muz wrote:
Its now just called mclaren and the text calls the team the 2014 mclaren mercedes team.
No it is'nt. https://da-dk.facebook.com/vodafonemclarenmercedes

thestig84

Holm86 wrote:
muz wrote:
No it is'nt. https://da-dk.facebook.com/vodafonemclarenmercedes
The URL still has Vodafone in it but they have removed it everywhere they can on the fb page. They should get the I.T guys involved instead of just the marketing people!

turbof1

url is little bit more tricky to change, but they atleast don't acknowledge the vodafone extension anymore.

If there's going to be a new sponsor, then probably they'll wait with adapting the url until the 24th.

EDIT: in their like section they forgot to remove "Vodafone Hungary". That's very clumsy :P.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:url is little bit more tricky to change, but they atleast don't acknowledge the vodafone extension anymore.

If there's going to be a new sponsor, then probably they'll wait with adapting the url until the 24th.
When I linked to the facebook page it said Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes on the page itself.

Now it does'nt anymore.

Thunder

The new Teamwear is up on the Shop. No signs of a new Main Sponsor.

http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/men/2 ... ateamwear/
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Writinglife

Seems like they may run without title sponsor this year then.. That's a lot of money to spend on merchandise if they're going to change it in a few weeks.