Williams F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

SilverArrow10 wrote:Force India had a small alcohol sponsor that they had to cover up when they went o certain venues, they just taped over the logos on the uniforms and resprayed the car for that race. Don't know what they would do with a title sponsor that would have its logos everywhere on the car and in the team.
Perhaps the same as teams with tobacco sponsorship used to do when in countries where that was banned...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

FW17

SilverArrow10 wrote:Force India had a small alcohol sponsor that they had to cover up when they went o certain venues, they just taped over the logos on the uniforms and resprayed the car for that race. Don't know what they would do with a title sponsor that would have its logos everywhere on the car and in the team.
What problem?

Kingfisher and Whyte & Mackay were both on the car at Abu Dhabi and Bahrain

LookBackTime

Williams Advanced Engineering appoints new managaing director

Read more

http://grandprix247.com/2014/01/27/will ... -director/

or

http://www.williamsf1.com/AdvancedEngin ... -Director/

Gridlock

Holm86 wrote:What is the regulation regarding alcohol sponsors in F1? And what will they do when racing in muslim countries?
Presumably the same thing Philip Morris does for the entire world.

R_Redding

WilliamsF1 wrote: Kingfisher and Whyte & Mackay were both on the car at Abu Dhabi and Bahrain

]
They seemed to have changed it slightly.... the Whyte & Mackay writing has changed to "Wendy and Keith" in the top photo.

Rob

FW17

R_Redding wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote: Kingfisher and Whyte & Mackay were both on the car at Abu Dhabi and Bahrain

]
They seemed to have changed it slightly.... the Whyte & Mackay writing has changed to "Wendy and Keith" in the top photo.

Rob
:D Didn't see that

WillerZ

Another way which has been used in the past is having one name for two things. Again on Force India: Kingfisher is a Beer…and an Airline. Same name, same typeface. In some countries Force India raced with "Drink" written above it, in others "Fly"; it was rarely distinct on TV.

SectorOne

R_Redding wrote:

]

Rob
That is sick how you picked that up, i stared at both for a while but i never saw that.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach

Boy, the change to Mercedes couldn't have been timed better.

The car seems solid so far, best of the rest or maybe a little more, let's hope they can keep this up.

drunkmunky

Ted Kravitz says Rob Smedley is definitely coming to Williams, It's just a matter of the 'gardening leave' time that was set by Ferarri.

Also, Martini colors won't show up until Australia.

zoro_f1

drunkmunky wrote:Ted Kravitz says Rob Smedley is definitely coming to Williams, It's just a matter of the 'gardening leave' time that was set by Ferarri.

I think he said that Martini logo will apear on Bahrain test before the season starts... i think so... :roll:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Francesc

zoro_f1 wrote:
drunkmunky wrote:Ted Kravitz says Rob Smedley is definitely coming to Williams, It's just a matter of the 'gardening leave' time that was set by Ferarri.

I think he said that Martini logo will apear on Bahrain test before the season starts... i think so... :roll:
No, he said that in the next two tests at Bahrain Williams will keep the heritage livery and then before Australia will make a party launch showing the new livery and sponsors.

zoro_f1

@Francesc... sorry for my misunderstood and thanks for correct answer... you have +1 vote from me too... ;)
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

dren

I hope they switch to an all white car with the Martini colors over it. I don't think they will look as good on the blue that Williams is using now.
Honda!