Williams F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mart280
mart280

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Crikey it must have been warm in Bahrain, Frank has his top button undone in one of those pics, dont think I have seen that before, he loves it though, being around his cars and being at the races, I have so much respect for him, I want Williams to do well for him.

Mr Brooksy

oT v1 wrote:
Earnard Beccelstone wrote:Arrrgh, Bahrain intensly frustrating as a Williams fan.

Watching Bottas and then Massa slip off the podium and then get done over by the safety car deployment....

The car has speed, but it just seems that they're not getting the best out of it.
i think they need to be more ruthless in terms of letting one driver through when they're clearly faster (e.g after a round of pit stops), they seem to have hindered each other a bit in Bahrain when really they should have been higher up. I think FI had them covered but they should have had the Bulls. 3 points behind Ferrari in the WCC when they should be 15+ ahead.

But to be fair...without the safety car it might have been a different story.
I wonder if Williams need to focus more on the consistent use of their rear tires and their rear end stability more than worrying about letting each other past.

From the previous GP I was a little surprised to see them struggle with the tires going off so quickly.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Should the thread name be changed to Williams Martini Racing?

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Valtteri Bottas says Williams F1 team in best shape he's known it

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113817

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

No-one will catch Mercedes - Massa

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... MP=OTC-RSS

Williams related news from Massa:

"The work we have been doing at Williams with new parts, the only thing which we couldn't use yet was a bigger rear wing that wasn't working at the first race. We keep trying to use it, but that's the only thing, everything thing else we brought is in the car. I am really 100% sure that the new parts here will work and the new parts at the next race and every other race should work."

dragvorl
dragvorl

Mr Brooksy wrote:
stefan_ wrote:I think their team kit merchandise sales will blow up this year. And for good reason - the team kit is easily the best looking one in the paddock.
IF we can find a place who sells it before the Euro season starts! Is frustrating being in Aus and not being able to buy current Williams team merchandise! Last year was abysmal! The newest shirt I could buy was of the Williams Toyota era!!!
https://wmrshop.com/eu/
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

From Randstad Canada :) :

stefan_
stefan_

And above all there are the people from catering.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Pierce89

LookBackTime wrote:No-one will catch Mercedes - Massa

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... MP=OTC-RSS

Williams related news from Massa:

"The work we have been doing at Williams with new parts, the only thing which we couldn't use yet was a bigger rear wing that wasn't working at the first race. We keep trying to use it, but that's the only thing, everything thing else we brought is in the car. I am really 100% sure that the new parts here will work and the new parts at the next race and every other race should work."
I really expected Massa to be better than the petty little "Williams upgrades work better than Ferrari upgrades" crap. Even more so with him supposedly very close to the everyday little guys in the Scuderia.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

I am continually disappointed by Massa. He whines all the time, and incidents are always the other guy's fault. Sunday he finally gets a chance to win a race and completely chokes.

Anyway, what the hell's going on with Williams' online store? it's halfway through the season, and they haven't been able to get updated merch? I don't think I even want any of their new stuff at this point.

sennaf1god.94

acosmichippo wrote:I am continually disappointed by Massa. He whines all the time, and incidents are always the other guy's fault. Sunday he finally gets a chance to win a race and completely chokes.

Anyway, what the hell's going on with Williams' online store? it's halfway through the season, and they haven't been able to get updated merch? I don't think I even want any of their new stuff at this point.
Massa is right. And he speaks better on track...

He is a top driver, and as Perez pointed out, just a Good Guy, look at his teammates: Fisichella, Schumacher, Raikkonen, Alonso and now Bottas.

He had to be compared with the BEST and yet he was pretty up with them during his racing career. Even if I preferred Hulk for the job, he is one of the fastest guys out there, look at his qualy times at the end of the 13 season...

Massa and Williams are back!!!
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Mark4211

Williams seem to have stiffen the suspension?
There is lesser FRIC bounciness in the inner suspension as compared to other tracks

Austria:
http://gfycat.com/PresentWarpedIrishterrier

Australia:
http://gfycat.com/UnrulyQueasyAntlion

marcush.
marcush.

who would have thought Williams and Massa are such a good fit ? Both more or less outdates -Ferrari merely kicking him out for Raikkonen who struggles no less against Alonso and Williams loss (?) of Maldonado towards Lotus ..what a decision on malfunctionados side ...

I´m overthe moon for Felipe to have the opportunity to put a few things right in Austria! No question Bottas had the pole in Hand ..but you have to make it stick -and Massa did .Congratulations. A fine Show . Tomorrow is the race.

sennaf1god.94

marcush. wrote:who would have thought Williams and Massa are such a good fit ? Both more or less outdates -Ferrari merely kicking him out for Raikkonen who struggles no less against Alonso and Williams loss (?) of Maldonado towards Lotus ..what a decision on malfunctionados side ...

I´m overthe moon for Felipe to have the opportunity to put a few things right in Austria! No question Bottas had the pole in Hand ..but you have to make it stick -and Massa did .Congratulations. A fine Show . Tomorrow is the race.
I would, at least just looking at the last preseason test at Bahreim...

Now we can get a clear picture of the current pecking order as of today:

1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Bottas
4. Maldonado
5. Raikkonen
6. Grosgean

I have some strange sensation, after Mercedes boss Toto the Wolf not coincidentally sold his stake at Williams, that the germans were giving Williams some advantage ahead of tomorrow's big day...

Were Williams sandwaging during the first part of the season on purpose? Just take a look at fuel comsumption data of their Merc PU's compared with the rest...

Is Toto paying back the "teamspirit" of Williams?

Is Macca powerunit cheated to be behind the rest in terms of raw horsepower? I remember Toto pointing at PU updates going slow to get to Woking if they were too close for comfort...
the Wolf. wrote:"I think certainly them heading off to one of our competitors is not an ideal situation,"

"How that is going to pan out during the season, that daily management of the relationship, could change obviously."
:roll:
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

SUCCESS OF UPGRADES HELPS WILLIAMS CLOSE THE GAP TO ITS RIVALS

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/06/s ... to-rivals/