Williams F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bill shoe
bill shoe

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

LookBackTime wrote:F1 financial structure:

https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2 ... tures3.jpg
I believe that's from Joe Saward. I wish he would make a similar type of schematic that would explain the power structure. It seems the FIA doesn't do rules so much anymore, but I'm not clear how rules do get made.

marcush.
marcush.

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

He had a couple of decent qualys like Singapore and Abu Dhabi (and was running well until his kers failed) But it still wasn't consistant.
Couple of decent qualys? Couple and decent??
Valencia -3 , Spa -3, Germany - 6 Spain, Abu, Singapore. There was nothing inconsistent about it with 11 Top 10. Competition in 2012 was also incomparable. In 2014 Massa gets himself a speeding penalty, goes to the wrong pitstop and still loses nothing, same for Bottas and starts, qualifying was even more obvious.[/quote]

What´s the point defending Maldonado? he has the money no justification needed.

Bottas and Massa did deliver a solid and consistant performance this year and this led to williams position in the final standings.
Maldonado did opt to put his jetons into Lotus basket -a really bad decision -let´s see if this can be turned around .

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Re: Williams F1 Team 2014

BUTTON, VANDOORNE ALSO IN THE FRAME AT WILLIAMS

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/203381/b ... t-williams

bill shoe
bill shoe

Re: Williams F1 Team 2014

SapAdmirmdip wrote:It will be hard to replace Bottas should he leave, even if Williams does continue it's upward form. Not sure who else we could afford who offers his level of consistency and performance. I think Clare is doing all she can to convince him to stay.
Claire is probably aided by the fact that Bottas has already signed a Williams contract for 2016 and a press release has been issued... :D...FYI this is the 2014 thread!

Bottas is very good for Williams, another example of Williams getting A-level driver talent at B-level prices. Williams is also probably good for Bottas.