Lotus F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ecapox

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2014

Kiril Varbanov wrote:2 seconds per lap improvement, according to Lopez - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113596
Have we ever seen this large of an improvement over two race weekends, let alone an entire season?

Id wage a guess that it is wishful thinking, but ill withhold final judgement until FP3.

Holm86

ecapox wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:2 seconds per lap improvement, according to Lopez - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113596
Have we ever seen this large of an improvement over two race weekends, let alone an entire season?

Id wage a guess that it is wishful thinking, but ill withhold final judgement until FP3.
80% of this is probably due to Renault's engines underperforming so much at the beginning of the season. 2 sec's for a Renault powered team seams plausible to me.

Blackout

Anyway, Lotus made a huge step in China. The E22 has never been as close to the best cars in the 'aerodynamic' sectors as in China. In Malaysia it wasnt very bad, it wasnt that bad in the fast turns but lost too much time in the braking and slow exits. It had a 0.7-0.8 second gap compared to the best in S2. But i China they had less than 0.1. So they improved braking, traction, set up and PU. Unfortunately the E22 was too slow in S3 and its long straight line.
And all the new aero updates worked, it seems, because they ran them in the race.

korzeniow

Does anyone heard about any new signing at Lotus? From recent interview with Boulier he took some engineers with him to McLaren
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

RagingBullx

And who is the blonde babe pit mechanic, saw her in the garage last couple of races? Defo does it for me!

turbof1

Maldonado might be doing his last season in F1. The new sport minister of Venezuela doesn't want to back any autosport related projects anymore:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/maldo ... could-end/
#AeroFrodo

Cam

The irony would be if he looses his money, he looses his drive only to go home and be arrested for fraud. I'm not saying he's guilty, but maybe all those 'loses of concentration' on track correlate?

Some are reporting Lotus may pickup a title sponsor that has backed out of McLaren. I like lotus. I hope they can get some backing that enables proper drivers in the seats and we can see keep seeing some out there designs.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

stefan_

Cam wrote:The irony would be if he looses his money, he looses his drive only to go home and be arrested for fraud. I'm not saying he's guilty, but maybe all those 'loses of concentration' on track correlate?

Some are reporting Lotus may pickup a title sponsor that has backed out of McLaren. I like lotus. I hope they can get some backing that enables proper drivers in the seats and we can see keep seeing some out there designs.
Maybe not Maldonado, he benefitted from the money but hasn't anything to do with the shady stuff going on there. On the other hand I am pretty sure that some key people from PDVSA would be in jail already if they didn't have political backing.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mikeerfol

Rumours about Lotus-Mercedes in 2015 http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/06/24/coul ... from-2015/

Manoah2u

stefan_ wrote:
Cam wrote:The irony would be if he looses his money, he looses his drive only to go home and be arrested for fraud. I'm not saying he's guilty, but maybe all those 'loses of concentration' on track correlate?

Maybe not Maldonado, he benefitted from the money but hasn't anything to do with the shady stuff going on there. On the other hand I am pretty sure that some key people from PDVSA would be in jail already if they didn't have political backing.
make no mistake, Maldonado was very good friends with Hugo Chavez. That alone tells you enough.
there are various images and videos around showing his friendship with Chavez wasn't just a 'media thing',
nor was it 'incidental'. Being friends with Chavez? Well, let's just say that you won't end up being 'friends'
with Putin or Obama in a world where there is no 'cleanliness' (politics).
In other words, Pastor Maldonado is as innocent as as a nun doing squats in a cucumber field.
Because of that, he has an F1 drive. Corruptor Maldonado.

Apart from that, I don't think Pastor will have anything to fear, at all. Worse, I could even see this guy get some powerfull political position in the future (won't make it president, but that's not to say he wont have 'fun').

Anything would be better than F1 imho.There are enough snakes in the F1 already, the worst thing to happen to F1 is to give a snake a seat. Unfortunately, we're already there. Fortunately, there are still seats vacant of snakes.

annnnnyhooow. Lotus-Mercedes. I somehow see an interesting road-car collaboration that would be good business for both Lotus and mercedes. Though Mercedes has performance cars (SLS, AMG, blabla), they don't have a 'sports car devision' as the likes of ferrari, mclaren. The relationship with Mclaren 'unfamously' ended because they wanted their own racing cars.
Though on one side that makes me say itll never happen because it might 'steal' Merc customers to lotus.
On the other hand, getting in on the game would grant Merc some finances in the Lotus department (should a true street car division collaboration happen).
A new elise,exige,whatever with a Merc engine in the back (AMG) sounds smashing. I say bring it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FW17

Pastor may not give you much space on the race track but a very nice guy off the track.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

elFranZ

Found an extremely cool article on the web: Lotus and Boeing are developing a new 3D printing technique for carbon parts.
Filling your material with carbon particles is no real news in additive manufacturing, the real deal here is they now can orientate the fibers.

http://www.3ders.org//articles/20140716 ... nting.html

zere

Don't know where to put this, also couldn't PM the author because I don't have enough posts yet, however:
The headline of this article: "Lotus equals season best finish in 12th place" is obviously wrong, as Grosjean scored points in Barcelona and Monaco earlier this season.

skoop

maldonado extanded hos contract tillt he end of '15 (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115044)