Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hail22

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

lio007 wrote:F1 explained...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocpBHapdWgI

Part 2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePoTHNLC_M4[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Kiril Varbanov

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

I forgot this was today. Cant wait for the decision.

Kiril Varbanov

Red Bull's lawyer: How many failed sensors we have had so far?
Fabrice Lom (FIA): 3 in MEL, 4 in Sepang, 5 or 6 in Bahrain.

Make of that what you will, but it's an interesting battle.

djos

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Red Bull's lawyer: How many failed sensors we have had so far?

That's a crazy high fail rate for such an expensive piece of gear!
"In downforce we trust"

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Red bull cant win that

U cant ignore fia rules and use ur own sensors. Thats cheating in high manner

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

djos wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Red Bull's lawyer: How many failed sensors we have had so far?

RB are modifying them thats why they fail. Other teams have no issues. If others have no issues then the problem is with RB.

djos

ChrisM40 wrote:
djos wrote:

RB are modifying them thats why they fail. Other teams have no issues. If others have no issues then the problem is with RB.
Is that RBR failures or all teams combined?
"In downforce we trust"

Thunder

But they also said that the roblems are now solved, it was a faulty Gasket through which Fuel could come in Contact with the Electronics. That resulted in either completely working or completely dead Sensors, nothing in between.

Edit:

To the Above: Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Lotus modified their Sensors afaik. And the faulty Number is for all teams combined if i understood correctly.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Its all team combined, but almost all are from the modifying teams.

djos

Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Hang on a sec, the ONLY modification you can make to the sensor aiui is the fittings, so I don't see how this could possibly lead to the sensor failing?
"In downforce we trust"

BorisTheBlade

djos wrote:Hang on a sec, the ONLY modification you can make to the sensor aiui is the fittings, so I don't see how this could possibly lead to the sensor failing?
No, it has been stated that it is not allowed to modify the fittings. And according to AMuS right next to the fittings there is a glass body which is very fragile. So there is a danger of damaging the sensor when you modify the fittings.
What you have to do is to modify your car in order to be compatible with the fittings - not the other way round.

Thunder

Right, the FIA found out that in some cases the Teams drilled a little to deep in order to modify the fitting, thereby damaging this very fragile Glass Cylinder.
From Barcelona on no Modifications will be allowed, as it should habe been in the first Place seeing it is a homologated Part.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

They lost the appeal, and I'm not surprised. This whole business of modifying the sensors has sealed it for me. Red Bull were claiming the sensors were faulty, inaccurate and poor quality, when all along it was their shoddy modifications to a standard part that caused all the problems.

They should have been DQ'd for drilling holes in a standard FIA part. Any modification to a standard FIA part should be grounds for immediate disqualification. What is the point in having standardised parts if everyone goes modifying them?

Mandrake
Mandrake

Diesel wrote:They should have been DQ'd for drilling holes in a standard FIA part. Any modification to a standard FIA part should be grounds for immediate disqualification. What is the point in having standardised parts if everyone goes modifying them?
It is not that they are modifying the function, but the fitting. All Renault Teams have done so according to AMuS. The question should be what is different on the Renault that they found modifying the fittings a necessary step.

Also: it was not proven that modifying damaged anything, it's just a hypothesis (a valid one though).

In the end I do believe that RedBull never crossed the 100kg/h fuel flow limit, but based on the FIA's argumentation they never stood a chance to get out of this. I wonder what kind of modifications to the Renault powered cars have to be done now in order to accomodate the unchanged sensors.