Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Mandrake wrote:
Diesel wrote:They should have been DQ'd for drilling holes in a standard FIA part. Any modification to a standard FIA part should be grounds for immediate disqualification. What is the point in having standardised parts if everyone goes modifying them?
It is not that they are modifying the function, but the fitting. All Renault Teams have done so according to AMuS. The question should be what is different on the Renault that they found modifying the fittings a necessary step.

Also: it was not proven that modifying damaged anything, it's just a hypothesis (a valid one though).

In the end I do believe that RedBull never crossed the 100kg/h fuel flow limit, but based on the FIA's argumentation they never stood a chance to get out of this. I wonder what kind of modifications to the Renault powered cars have to be done now in order to accomodate the unchanged sensors.
The reasons for the modification are laregly irrelevant, it's a standard part, period. Everyone gets the same part, everyone should be able to work their design around that part.

Jano11
Jano11

Diesel wrote:
Mandrake wrote:
Diesel wrote:They should have been DQ'd for drilling holes in a standard FIA part. Any modification to a standard FIA part should be grounds for immediate disqualification. What is the point in having standardised parts if everyone goes modifying them?
It is not that they are modifying the function, but the fitting. All Renault Teams have done so according to AMuS. The question should be what is different on the Renault that they found modifying the fittings a necessary step.

Also: it was not proven that modifying damaged anything, it's just a hypothesis (a valid one though).

In the end I do believe that RedBull never crossed the 100kg/h fuel flow limit, but based on the FIA's argumentation they never stood a chance to get out of this. I wonder what kind of modifications to the Renault powered cars have to be done now in order to accomodate the unchanged sensors.
The reasons for the modification are laregly irrelevant, it's a standard part, period. Everyone gets the same part, everyone should be able to work their design around that part.
The question about why all Renault powered teams had to modify it is still valid, no matter how defensive you get.

nacho
nacho

In Finnish TV Ossi Oikarinen said there has been a problem with Total fuel and sealings of the sensor.

Cam

Diesel wrote:They lost the appeal, and I'm not surprised. This whole business of modifying the sensors has sealed it for me. Red Bull were claiming the sensors were faulty, inaccurate and poor quality, when all along it was their shoddy modifications to a standard part that caused all the problems.

They should have been DQ'd for drilling holes in a standard FIA part. Any modification to a standard FIA part should be grounds for immediate disqualification. What is the point in having standardised parts if everyone goes modifying them?
You should read the ICA document.

The document (and I'm summarising here), finds that Red Bull was perfectly fine to do what it did, but they did fail to adequately prove that it did not exceed the fuel flow limit using their method. That says to me that future cases could in fact win, if the teams can prove to the ICA's satisfaction. Key point there.

The ICA also state that they consider a TD a guide, and that if the evidence is good enough, it can be accepted - although the teams assume all the risk in doing so.

The ICA also stated that Red Bull's actions were not "fraudulent".
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

jagunx51

............!!!!

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Jano11
Jano11

Can't really read the numbers, but we can see that they stil use Windows XP! :o

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Jano11 wrote:
It's probably windows 7 with the classic theme.

djos

Cold Fussion wrote:
Jano11 wrote:
It's probably windows 7 with the classic theme.
Looks like the Win2k style theme rather than XP to me too - they have prolly just turned off all the eye candy to maximize available resources to the system.
"In downforce we trust"

beelsebob
beelsebob

I would bet heavily on it being an XP system actually. The kinds of software you typically get to run embedded systems is... crufty... to put it politely. None of this is going to be modern kit, oddly enough for such an advanced sport.

djos

beelsebob wrote:I would bet heavily on it being an XP system actually. The kinds of software you typically get to run embedded systems is... crufty... to put it politely. None of this is going to be modern kit, oddly enough for such an advanced sport.
Only issue I see with that is XP is horribly unstable on modern machines and a right royal PITA - Im typing this on my brand new work laptop running XP (im in a large aussie bank) and it's just a joke how badly it runs... total fail!
"In downforce we trust"

beelsebob
beelsebob

djos wrote:
beelsebob wrote:I would bet heavily on it being an XP system actually. The kinds of software you typically get to run embedded systems is... crufty... to put it politely. None of this is going to be modern kit, oddly enough for such an advanced sport.
Only issue I see with that is XP is horribly unstable on modern machines and a right royal PITA - Im typing this on my brand new work laptop running XP (im in a large aussie bank) and it's just a joke how badly it runs... total fail!
I would expect that they're paying really quite a lot of money to get extended support. Thankfully, the laptop I get from work doesn't run windows >.>

djos

beelsebob wrote:
djos wrote: Only issue I see with that is XP is horribly unstable on modern machines and a right royal PITA - Im typing this on my brand new work laptop running XP (im in a large aussie bank) and it's just a joke how badly it runs... total fail!
I would expect that they're paying really quite a lot of money to get extended support. Thankfully, the laptop I get from work doesn't run windows >.>
certainly a possibility :lol:

Luckily we are a mostly OSX/Linux house at home (Mac Mini, 13" rMBP & Ubuntu powered NetBook & HP MicroServer with WHS2011)
"In downforce we trust"

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

The blue square to the right of the clock on the taskbar (return to desktop icon) tells me its definitely win7 running classic theme.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Yep, Mystic is right - my work Laptop just got updated to Win7 last week (from XP) and the Task bar is the same.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail