Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

I think the start can be brushed off a bit, sometimes you just sit in the wrong place and can´t do anything about it.
but the spin, that was ambitious since he probably was the only driver to be that aggressive out of last corner.
Hamilton even commented on it and just sat and waited for something to happen since he could see the spray getting kicked up everytime Vettel went out there.

But i would not take anything away from Vettel with that spin. He was pushing like crazy and he just went over the limit a tiny bit and lost it.
It happens sometimes.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ab_f1

SectorOne wrote:He was pushing like crazy and he just went over the limit a tiny bit and lost it.
It happens sometimes.
Apologies but if you specifically monitor you will see at least 2 drivers consistently stretching the limits. Rosberg and Vettel. I am not saying they drive outside track limits but its probably down to driving style.

Jano11

Juzh wrote:Ric is on average 2-3/10ts faster than vet when on comparable strategies. According to horner it's mainly down to braking and laggy PU. When those things are sorted I expect them to be much more evenly matched.
Outright pace aside, vettel certainly didn't help himself in hungary with some of the worst racing he's produced this year. Loosing positions at the start, the restart, spinning...
Electrical power was not available on Vettel's car upon restart, that might explain a few things.
It's always good to do a bit of research before posting something negative.

Juzh

Jano11 wrote:
Juzh wrote:Ric is on average 2-3/10ts faster than vet when on comparable strategies. According to horner it's mainly down to braking and laggy PU. When those things are sorted I expect them to be much more evenly matched.
Outright pace aside, vettel certainly didn't help himself in hungary with some of the worst racing he's produced this year. Loosing positions at the start, the restart, spinning...
Electrical power was not available on Vettel's car upon restart, that might explain a few things.
Except this wasn't known at the time of my writing.

Pierce89

Jano11 wrote:
I think its funny that you posted this to one of the biggest Red Bull fans here, because of your lack of research.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

SectorOne

ab_f1 wrote:
SectorOne wrote:He was pushing like crazy and he just went over the limit a tiny bit and lost it.
It happens sometimes.
Apologies but if you specifically monitor you will see at least 2 drivers consistently stretching the limits. Rosberg and Vettel. I am not saying they drive outside track limits but its probably down to driving style.
It´s not driving style per say. Vettel got greedy, he went wider there then Hamilton and Ricciardo behind him and he got bitten.
It´s all about risk and reward, he might have gained a tenth or half a tenth out of that corner all the time but then he spun and lost more time then he had gained.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ab_f1

SectorOne wrote: It´s not driving style per say. Vettel got greedy, he went wider there then Hamilton and Ricciardo behind him and he got bitten.
I said driving style because I have observed him going wide then most of other drivers in the corners. Not just here but pretty much routinely.

lio007

Are they going to build their own PU?
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/185 ... p_seo_page
We have opportunities to support the design and development of our Formula One power unit in the following areas:
Aerodynamic design and optimisation,
1-D and 3-D analysis of intake and exhaust systems,
Cooling systems,
Combustion modelling,
In-cylinder flow,
Advanced CFD and simulation tools development,

Working from our Milton Keynes factory you will be involved in the complete development cycle from initial concepts through to deployment on the race car, ensuring our continued success on the race track. You will be part of an expanding team helping mould the power unit development at Red Bull Technology.

CBeck113

lio007 wrote:Are they going to build their own PU?
We have opportunities to support the design and development of our Formula One power unit in the following areas:
Cooling systems,
Combustion modelling,
In-cylinder flow,

Working from our Milton Keynes factory you will be involved in the complete development cycle from initial concepts through to deployment on the race car, ensuring our continued success on the race track. You will be part of an expanding team helping mould the power unit development at Red Bull Technology.
No, that's all packaging, which is teh responsibility of the team already.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

lio007

CBeck113 wrote:
lio007 wrote:Are they going to build their own PU?
Cooling systems,
Combustion modelling,
In-cylinder flow,

No, that's all packaging, which is teh responsibility of the team already.
But I don't understand why you need e.g. In-cylinder flow and combustion modelling for your packaging?

marcush.

the writing is on the wall .
Marko and Horner have criticised Renault massively but yet have not switched to something else.Makes you wonder what their plan actually is.Now we see they accumulate engine development expertise in their base ..so at the very least they feel the need to show competence in the power unit area to challenge Reanaults plans to move forward.
But my gut feeling is RedBull is on its way to do it all in house ..mind you this could quite quickly develop into something creating income ...Renault just does not have the money to go on like that ,Mercedes will soon have to rethink when the title is secured .So this leaves Ferrari and Honda as suppliers .

Kingshark

marcush. wrote:Marko and Horner have criticised Renault massively but yet have not switched to something else.Makes you wonder what their plan actually is.
Or perhaps they know that the Renault PU is nowhere near as bad as they want the media to believe, and they just need a scapegoat for Red Bull's inability to challenge Mercedes this season?

Could also be the case.

wesley123

marcush. wrote: But my gut feeling is RedBull is on its way to do it all in house ..mind you this could quite quickly develop into something creating income ...Renault just does not have the money to go on like that ,Mercedes will soon have to rethink when the title is secured .So this leaves Ferrari and Honda as suppliers .
Don't see why you'd want to do it in house. Now they get the engines for free from a very capable manufacturer. If they have to do it on their own they have to spread the funds, plus get engine building knowledge and experience. And with the engine freeze and points system there is just no room for learning. You have to pretty much do it right from the start.

Assuming they'll build a capable engine, then they'll still be off worse. As they'll have to finance their engine programme as well, which isn't very cheap. This is money that now is spend on aero. There is no reason for Red Bull to go on their own.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

CBeck113

lio007 wrote:
But I don't understand why you need e.g. In-cylinder flow and combustion modelling for your packaging?
Since Renault designed the engine they had to specify the flow in and out of the combustion chambers. RB in this case is responsible for meeting these specifications with their installation, which means that they need people to design the packaging and then simulate the results, trying to reach Renault's specs. They won't be responsible for changing the design of the ECU (but I'm sure will be able to make suggestions to Renault if they find something), but need to know everything about it to make it work as good as it can.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

pastaracing

New race engineer for Vettel next year:

From auto123.com : Link

Infiniti Red Bull Racing confirmed Wednesday that Frenchman Guillaume Rocquelin will be promoted to Head of Race Engineering from the start of 2015.

Rocquelin, or 'Rocky' as many in the team and paddock better know him, has worked with Sebastian Vettel for six years in a partnership that has achieved four Drivers' World Championships.

Rocky's promotion means that from next year he will hold a more senior role at the circuit and will be responsible for all the team's race engineers, including Vettel’s. He will continue to attend all the races.

We are also pleased to confirm that Gianpiero Lambiase will be joining the team next season to work as Sebastian Vettel's race engineer.

Rocquelin began his career at Reynard Racing Cars and spent several years in IndyCar racing, working for teams Ganassi, PacWest and Newman-Haas. He moved to Formula 1 in 2006 with Red Bull Racing.