Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pierce89

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

seinfeld wrote:I would have thought Red bull wouldnt be re using Chassis from the start of the season. are they struggling for cash or running out of carbon/ kevlar? cause I would have thought they would build SEB a new tub being a 4 time champ n all??
You do realize that a chassis is a LONG lead time item, right?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Juzh

Pierce89 wrote:
seinfeld wrote:I would have thought Red bull wouldnt be re using Chassis from the start of the season. are they struggling for cash or running out of carbon/ kevlar? cause I would have thought they would build SEB a new tub being a 4 time champ n all??
You do realize that a chassis is a LONG lead time item, right?
He doesn't.

SectorOne

So an old one for Monza, still problems are there. So what to do? Well let´s build him a new one.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28879.html
Sebastian Vettel will use yet another new Red Bull chassis in Singapore -- his fourth RB10 in 2014.

The reigning world champion has struggled from the very first laps of the radically new turbo V6 era, initially with the chassis he affectionately called 'Suzie'.

The team reportedly suspected the first chassis was deformed, so he got at the wheel of another monocoque for the Spanish grand prix in May.

And - still struggling to match on-form teammate Daniel Ricciardo's pace - Vettel used yet another RB10 at Monza last weekend, which the German driver initially said felt "a little better".

Dr Helmut Marko told Germany's Sport Bild: "The chassis in Monza was actually an older one that was used in testing at Silverstone. It (the change) was more for psychological reasons.

"Now he's going to get a brand new one."

Marko said that while Vettel looked initially competitive at Monza, even outqualifying Ricciardo, "with the harder tyres he had inexplicable problems".
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

iotar__

Not this again, "more for psychological reasons"
More? They all were ONLY for psychological reasons apart from those planned ones when they would change even if a driver didn't have a psyche at all.

NTS
NTS

Media sensation? The chassis potentially got damaged in Spa. They decided to re-use an older one in Monza because of that and now the real new one is ready. Lots of headlines and very little news...

siskue2005

NTS wrote:Media sensation? The chassis potentially got damaged in Spa. They decided to re-use an older one in Monza because of that and now the real new one is ready. Lots of headlines and very little news...
exactly

SectorOne

NTS wrote:Media sensation? The chassis potentially got damaged in Spa. They decided to re-use an older one in Monza because of that and now the real new one is ready. Lots of headlines and very little news...
I think it´s interesting because he´s up to four chassis.
And none of them to my knowledge has actually been confirmed to be broken.

I think the normal allocation for an F1 driver over a whole season is 2 chassis so he´s doubled that already.

His allocation has been:

Start of season
Spain
Monza
Singapore

I don´t know exactly about Ricciardo but i think he got his second in Silverstone, which he´s using today still.
Someone correct me on that,
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Original, testing, again original, new one.

NTS
NTS

SectorOne wrote: Start of season
Spain
Monza
Singapore
I think it was:

Start of season (#1)
Spain (re-use of old one from testing, so "#0" )
Monza (use #1 again)
Singapore (completely new #2)

So he has used 3 chassis, one of which was from testing. The media make it look like he gets a new one every race, but from a manufacturing perspective that's almost impossible.

The one in Spain was to see whether it would change anything (so partially psychological), Monza was because of a suspected issue after going off the track in Spa (Horner mentioned something looked strange about it on telemetry and tire usage was very high compared to the other runs and compared to Ricciardo) and the next one in Singapore is a really new one (you could call this chassis #2).

Jano11

NTS wrote:
Spain
Monza
Singapore
I think it was:

Start of season (#1)
Monza (use #1 again)

So he has used 3 chassis, one of which was from testing. The media make it look like he gets a new one every race, but from a manufacturing perspective that's almost impossible.

The one in Spain was to see whether it would change anything (so partially psychological), Monza was because of a suspected issue after going off the track in Spa (Horner mentioned something looked strange about it on telemetry and tire usage was very high compared to the other runs and compared to Ricciardo) and the next one in Singapore is a really new one (you could call this chassis #2).
Exactly, but that is not what Vettel's detractors want to hear, nor what will grab the headlines!

iotar__

Jano11 wrote:
NTS wrote:
Spain
Monza
Singapore
I think it was:

Start of season (#1)
Monza (use #1 again)

Exactly, but that is not what Vettel's detractors want to hear, nor what will grab the headlines!
No true at all, the burden of proof is on you and RB to provide evidence that Vettel's performance is affected by chassis and to what extent. Until this point there is zero evidence for that. From above case by case:
- "whether it would change anything (so partially psychological)" - no it's 100% psychological. Where is the other part?

- "Horner mentioned something looked strange about it on telemetry and tire usage was very high compared to the other runs and compared to Ricciardo" - so did they check it? Was this "something strange" (so vague it's completely meaningless) related to chassis? It can be anything, but when you use it as Horner did to explain or rather excuse poor performance by piling up suggestions it creates a picture that something is wrong and it's not a driver. That was the intention. BTW again in Monza this "malfunction" must have happened between qualifying (Vettel faster) and the race.

- Singapore - basically confirmed as psychological (and marketing of course). Why is the fact that it's "new" relevant? It's just another trick that suggest that "old" was not good enough which is of course not true. Primitive playing with simple impulse that new is better than old. Chassis good enough to solve mysteries of Vettel's Spa performance in Monza (as decided and confirmed by RB) is not good enough for Singapore because as it turns out it's old? Like they didn't know it? No way, only in marketing universe.

We're talking about changing chassis as a marketing and psychological trick. At worst (wording) as pretended next race solution after relatively poor driving that includes three different chassis for three consecutive races. Are you saying it's not a lot? So if SV is comparable to DR in Singapore does it mean there was something wrong with chassis in Monza (or I don't why but the one in Spa too)? No, how would that work? I would say it would suggest there was something wrong with Ricciardo's chassis and here we go again #-o .

basti313

iotar__ wrote: No true at all, the burden of proof is on you and RB to provide evidence that Vettel's performance is affected by chassis and to what extent. Until this point there is zero evidence for that.
Proof from RedBull? They were the most interesting team for the last seasons, but were the last ones talking about what makes them strong or weak. Now you want them to provide evidence on their problems? :lol:
They are already talking much more than they normally do about their problems. Take it or leave it...
Don`t russel the hamster!

FoxHound

basti313 wrote: [....] but were the last ones talking about what makes them strong or weak[....]
For real??
JET set

basti313

FoxHound wrote:
basti313 wrote: [....] but were the last ones talking about what makes them strong or weak[....]
For real??
Are they? I am not talking about things that are already forbidden, but things they have on their actual car. Or problems they solve. There is no other team that keeps silent like RB on these things.

An example how other teams communicate is Mercedes. All this talking about brake manufacturers, brake problems and what they do to solve them. RB also had exploding brake discs, but have you ever heard anything about that except "the brake disc exploded"?
Don`t russel the hamster!