Sauber F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2014

got it thanks! Not bad, 300 laps in 3 days.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Kiril Varbanov

For some reason, Adrian Sutil's page isn't accessible on the official team's site. His Twitter account isn't present as well.
Asked the team what's going on, awaiting reply.

FW17

Kiril Varbanov wrote:For some reason, Adrian Sutil's page isn't accessible on the official team's site. His Twitter account isn't present as well.

The age works fine

Kiril Varbanov

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:For some reason, Adrian Sutil's page isn't accessible on the official team's site. His Twitter account isn't present as well.

The age works fine
Not 100%. Still, the team has assured me that Sutil will drive in his home race.

Update: the PR was rather mad that someone was putting Sutil's future under question. Nothing to see then, move over...

bdr529

Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll to buy Sauber
I just hope he doesn't have to sell any of his Ferrari Collection
anyways it's good news for Canadian motorsports
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/exclu ... ber-456286

kooleracer

Sauber is giving Adderly Fong and Roy Nissany a go in the C31, two no names in the world of single seaters. Two spoiled brats that don't have the talent to ever reach F1. Now i wouldn't be surprised if we see Sirotkin, Leal or Cecotto Jr next to Gutierrez to continue the horror show that is now called SauberF1. Robin Frijns WSR 3.5 winner didn't even get to test when he was test and reserve driver for Sauber. And now they let these two rich kids drive, that obviously don't have the talent. I think its time that Peter took over again because, the way Sauber is going isn't the right way.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

lillschumi

Rumor say Marcus Ericsson and 20million$ is coming to Sauber.

Manoah2u

lillschumi wrote:Rumor say Marcus Ericsson and 20million$ is coming to Sauber.
source?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SkinnyMinnie

Italiano

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3183 ... -for-2015/
20:07 – Sauber has confirmed that Marcus Ericsson will race for the team in Formula 1 next year.

The Swede made his debut with Caterham this season, but the Leafield outfit is missing this weekend's United States Grand Prix after being placed into administration.

"Fresh from a very turbulent week, I was suddenly given my best early Christmas present ever," said Ericsson.

"The Sauber F1 Team has put its trust in me for 2015, and it makes me proud, as Sauber is known to be one of the best teams in developing young drivers.

"It will be a great challenge. I will give my very best to develop both as a driver, and to be part of the challenge to put the Sauber F1 Team back closer to the front where it belongs."

"We have got to know Marcus as a highly motivated driver," added team boss Monisha Kaltenborn.

"He did not have an easy rookie season this year in Formula 1, however, he kept calm and improved continuously, mainly in the last races.

"We are convinced that signing Marcus can give the team a fresh impetus."

Sauber added that Ericsson's team-mate will be announced at a later date.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

matt21

Sauber has announced Felipe Nasr. I hope Sutil finds another place.

http://www.sauberf1team.com/en/season/n ... 5-bekannt/

kooleracer

Chinese driver Adderly Fong will drive for Sauber during the first practice session at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Friday.

Fong has driven in a wide range of single-seater series from A1GP to IndyLights and more recently GP3 for the first eight rounds of this season. He was the champion of the Audi R8 LMS Cup in 2013, but has not enjoyed the same success in single-seat series.

He tested a two-year-old Sauber last month in Valencia in order to get the necessary licence to take part in a Friday practice session.

"I am very excited about my Formula One debut in Abu Dhabi, but also at the same time a little bit nervous," he said. "Last month I drove the Sauber C31 for the first time in Valencia, and it was good to get the mileage to be able to familiarise myself with the speed of a Formula One car.

"Obviously the C33 is a bit different, as it is a new generation car with a 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine. It will be interesting to see how the ERS and the brake-by-wire systems work. As I will have only 90 minutes in FP1, I will not have a lot of time to get used to the car. However, being able to drive during a Formula One weekend is a great privilege, and I am very happy to have the opportunity. It is good that I already know the track as at the same time here last year I did a GP3 race."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/abudhabi/motorspor ... CtXyhEI.99
Great choice 'huge talent'......
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Sulman

I wonder if they will be in F1 next year.

skoop

i think they'll be there next year for sure (thanks to paydrivers money). if they don't manage to grab some points next season they might run into some problems for 2016.

WaikeCU

kooleracer wrote:
Chinese driver Adderly Fong will drive for Sauber during the first practice session at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Friday.

Fong has driven in a wide range of single-seater series from A1GP to IndyLights and more recently GP3 for the first eight rounds of this season. He was the champion of the Audi R8 LMS Cup in 2013, but has not enjoyed the same success in single-seat series.

He tested a two-year-old Sauber last month in Valencia in order to get the necessary licence to take part in a Friday practice session.

"I am very excited about my Formula One debut in Abu Dhabi, but also at the same time a little bit nervous," he said. "Last month I drove the Sauber C31 for the first time in Valencia, and it was good to get the mileage to be able to familiarise myself with the speed of a Formula One car.

"Obviously the C33 is a bit different, as it is a new generation car with a 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine. It will be interesting to see how the ERS and the brake-by-wire systems work. As I will have only 90 minutes in FP1, I will not have a lot of time to get used to the car. However, being able to drive during a Formula One weekend is a great privilege, and I am very happy to have the opportunity. It is good that I already know the track as at the same time here last year I did a GP3 race."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/abudhabi/motorspor ... CtXyhEI.99
Great choice 'huge talent'......
I read that VDG immediately caught a plane heading back home, because he didn't have access to the Yas Marina Circuit Paddock. It was actually planned long time ago that VDG would drive FP1. Now he's taking legal action against Kaltenborn