Marussia F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
WaikeCU

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2014

I think the next GP at Singapore could be decisive. It could be a hectic race and that's where teams like Sauber, Marussia and Caterham could benefit from.

SilverArrow10

Di-69 wrote:Marussia have done well , from one of the smallest budgets on the grid ,to winning points and the cash that comes with it ( if they can hold off the teams behind them). I've seen the posts that say they shouldn't be there and the ifs , buts and what evers, simply ....... Thay are in the position they are because the others were just not as good on the day and luck went Murussias way ,but that's racing .
I do hope they beat Sauber as well as Caterham [-o< It would give them the money they need to be secure, and they can take advantage of Bianchi for another year.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

BanMeToo

SilverArrow10 wrote:
Di-69 wrote:Marussia have done well , from one of the smallest budgets on the grid ,to winning points and the cash that comes with it ( if they can hold off the teams behind them). I've seen the posts that say they shouldn't be there and the ifs , buts and what evers, simply ....... Thay are in the position they are because the others were just not as good on the day and luck went Murussias way ,but that's racing .
I do hope they beat Sauber as well as Caterham [-o< It would give them the money they need to be secure, and they can take advantage of Bianchi for another year.
Agreed. I think they have a good shot at it, with Gutierrez and Sutil behind the wheel :P

Di-69

I would imagine that marussias buget has been switched to next years car by now .

marcush.

hopefully they pay for the PUs before redirecting this years budget towards next season :oops:

search

Di-69 wrote:I would imagine that marussias buget has been switched to next years car by now .
you'd think so, yes, in case there is any budget left.

in today's l'Equipe Bianchi said they have not had an update since Barcelona

i70q7m7ghw

Marussia won't be going to America. I doubt they will be running next season.

SilverArrow10

Good move by Marussia imo, with there only competition gone why not miss the last races, save money, get that lovely prize money because of those lovely points and focus on sticking around long term. Plus Bianchi is the only one capable of getting results for the team and hopefully he will be back the next time they race next year.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

BanMeToo

No man, if Sauber score just 2 points they will pass Marussia in the championship and steal a few million in prize money. It very well may not be worth it.... but I suppose the team know better than I.

Also.... it makes me feel dead inside to say so, but I don't believe Bianchi will ever again drive an F1 car.

bill shoe

I know it's likely that neither Marussia or Caterham will be around in 2015. However, if one does make it which is most likely? Which team would be more appealing to a would-be financial savior?

Murussia pro:
much more FOM money next season
is still ongoing operation (though barely)
Marussia con:
undoubtedly has much debt tied to it.

Caterham pro:
might be possible to get team equity with little debt depending on how much bankruptcy administrators are willing to deal.
Caterham con:
team has already ceased operations, this is very difficult to resume (think how much Lotus dropped this season due to comparatively minor problems late last year).

Seems Marussia is obvious best answer, but maybe not for serious long-term investor. More like someone who wanted a good seat in the paddock for one season. They could buy the team for nothing, run current cars next year paying engine bill with FOM money and pay-driver income. There would never be any possibility of paying down team debt, so the one-season investor would carefully compartmentalize the team from other personal wealth and let the whole thing implode at the end of 2015. Potentially a cheap way to get a team for one season.

Manoah2u

Now Marussia goes into administration too :shock:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11410268334 ... n---report
Marussia to join Caterham in administration

Marussia looks set to join Caterham in entering administration, the Daily Mail reports on Sunday.

After Bernie Ecclestone said he will allow the struggling backmarkers to sit out the next Austin-Brazil double header, F1 business journalist Christian Sylt now reveals Marussia's operating company has "filed a notice with the High Court saying that it intends to appoint an administrator".

It leaves F1 supremo Ecclestone in the awkward situation of no longer being able to guarantee race promoters a minimal grid of 20 cars.

The solution could be a rule written into teams' commercial contracts with Ecclestone that forces big teams to supply third cars to F1's most struggling outfits.

"So if, for example, Sauber disappeared, a team could do a deal with Sauber," Ecclestone told Sylt.

"Ferrari could say 'We will give you a car, all that goes with it, and we want you to put this sponsor on it. You have your own sponsors but we want you to include this one as well and we want you to take this driver'," he explained.

"The team wouldn't have to go under then would they? If Red Bull decided they would give a car to Caterham for example that could solve their problem."

But even though the grid looks set to fall to just 18 cars immediately, Ecclestone said the controversial measure will not necessarily come in now.

"We don't have to introduce a third car at this stage because they (Caterham and Marussia) can miss a couple of races.

"They lose any money they would have got for those races but they don't lose their position in the championship," he said.
End of the line. It's all going downhill now.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Yeah, I would't believe the Daily Mail if they told me the Earth was round...so until I hear this from more reputable sources I'll keep hoping.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Richard

daveyrace

BBC are reporting it too, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-29784602

I cant help but think that the massive rule changes for this year with far more complex engine tech has just been too much financially for these teams. Before they could basically adapt the previous years car, rather than start a design from scratch. Unfortunately/ironically putting 'cost saving strategies' in place has left these teams worse off financially.

FW17

Who are Baljinder Sohi and Sonny Kaushal?