Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

kooleracer wrote:I did not know that McLaren was also about to lose Santander and Johnnie Walker as partners to. So the exodus of sponsors has begun. This means it will be harder for current sponsors to be attached to McLaren because the head of a organization might say why are we still paying McLaren big money when other brands clearly feel that McLaren is not worth that kind of money.

Johnnie Walker and Chandon can't wont work together so that's understandable. I have a feeling that Johnnie Walker might walk off to Mercedes. I'm eager to know what Santander's plan is for 2016 if they are switching to the competition of if they only going to be race weekend sponsors.
I believe johnnie walker and Chandon are owned by the same company.
Mclaren are loosing sponsors to the big boss man. Bernie has poached johnnie walker off mclaren and I can't speak for Santander, I'm surprised they are pulling out as they turned up in 2007 with Alonso, he then went to Ferrari and so did Santander but kept an affiliation with Mclaren, Alonso is back Mclaren so I assumed it would sure their ties together, but it hasn't?

Mclaren/Ron need to look at the bigger picture and at take less money on shorter deals as a stop gap, any sponsorship money is better than no sponsorship, no?
Also whos gonna want to pay top rates for a car that's either at the back of the pack or parked on the side of the road?
Just a fan's point of view

Brian Coat
Brian Coat

McLaren has one of the best commercial teams in Motorsports so I expect they'll bounce back.

kooleracer
kooleracer

CjC wrote:
kooleracer wrote:I did not know that McLaren was also about to lose Santander and Johnnie Walker as partners to. So the exodus of sponsors has begun. This means it will be harder for current sponsors to be attached to McLaren because the head of a organization might say why are we still paying McLaren big money when other brands clearly feel that McLaren is not worth that kind of money.

Johnnie Walker and Chandon can't wont work together so that's understandable. I have a feeling that Johnnie Walker might walk off to Mercedes. I'm eager to know what Santander's plan is for 2016 if they are switching to the competition of if they only going to be race weekend sponsors.
I believe johnnie walker and Chandon are owned by the same company.
Mclaren are loosing sponsors to the big boss man. Bernie has poached johnnie walker off mclaren and I can't speak for Santander, I'm surprised they are pulling out as they turned up in 2007 with Alonso, he then went to Ferrari and so did Santander but kept an affiliation with Mclaren, Alonso is back Mclaren so I assumed it would sure their ties together, but it hasn't?

Mclaren/Ron need to look at the bigger picture and at take less money on shorter deals as a stop gap, any sponsorship money is better than no sponsorship, no?
Also whos gonna want to pay top rates for a car that's either at the back of the pack or parked on the side of the road?
Walker is owned by British company Diageo and Chadon by LVMH frech company. But they are competitors so that wouldnt fit. Santander is leaving I was also surprised to hear that because I indeed thought they were kind off Alonso's personal backer. But if even that can keep them at McLaren its means that sponsors have activated release clauses based on results to stop their affiliation. Because Santander only renewed their contract on 23th of January 2014. I cant imagine that they only signed for 2 years to be frank.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

GoranF1
GoranF1

Peter Prodrumou;
The less stickers you have the better aerodynamics you will have in 2016. 8)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Joseki
Joseki

ScottB wrote:
They were pretty positive for this season, to be fair...
Well it's pretty much impossible to performe as bad as this year so they'll do better next year, the big question mark is how much will they improve the chassis and the power unit.

ScottB
ScottB

Didn't the big boss of Santander die recently? If he was the one that was keen on sponsorship in F1, maybe his replacement isn't?

Secondly, the continued, but reduced sponsorship of McLaren was, in part, to build the brand in the UK. My brother works in banking, apparently it's pretty expected that Santander have been building the business in Britain to then float it / sell it, so perhaps they've reached a level where they feel it no longer needs the added exposure...

Jolle
Jolle

Thunders wrote:Sure, but now they have real Data to guesstimate their Progress.
McLaren (or Ron Dennis) has been very clear for almost two seasons that he will announce a title sponsor soon or that they will be on par with developments.

He needs a fast car to attract a sponsor and he needs a sponsor to pay for a good car. I really do hope the Honda engine will be fast soon, because they can pretend to have a big team with two very expensive world champions for long...

max_speed
max_speed

i am gonna be bit of spoilsport to people's optimism . i do not think Mclaren will improve next year to challenge top3. may be fighting with force india ?. i guess we have heard this all .."weaknesses have been identified etc etc" but your track record proves the depth of your capacity and their has been bad and in next 2 months. i am not expecting miracles. hard truth is both WC will not see day to fight for championship again.
i would be prefer to be wrong but i won't be optimistic with HONDA at all considering false promises and horrible reliability record , unless they are putting an Alien tech in engine and will give "extra terrestrial mode" on steering wheel that will allow mclaren to whiz pass mercedes 8)

Andres125sx

ScottB wrote:Didn't the big boss of Santander die recently? If he was the one that was keen on sponsorship in F1, maybe his replacement isn't?
Yes, Emilio Botin died some months ago. He enjoyed F1 and was a good friend of Alonso. He was a usual guest into the F1 paddock

But now his daughter doesn´t seem to have same interest in F1. IMO this has had a deep impact in Santander strategy regarding sponsorship. This, and obviously economic reasons too, she´s known to be a very tough businesswoman

max_speed
max_speed

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121885

which ideas alonso is talking about ? why someone wanna copy concepts that don't work :D

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

A big compressor right there in the V? Ferrari went to a compressor behind the V, because they wanted bigger. Maybe Honda can make it big and fit it inside the V, hitting their ultimate goal, compact an powerfull.

Andres125sx

max_speed wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121885

which ideas alonso is talking about ? why someone wanna copy concepts that don't work :D
From the link you posted
Alonso wrote:"If we make them work, it will be difficult for anyone else to copy."

:roll:

davidfroshanzen
davidfroshanzen

This forum was quieter. if there is a source internal honda of the leaked about current honda engine development would probably this forum be alive again. :D

djos

NL_Fer wrote:A big compressor right there in the V? Ferrari went to a compressor behind the V, because they wanted bigger. Maybe Honda can make it big and fit it inside the V, hitting their ultimate goal, compact an powerfull.
Screw type compressor? (not legal surely)
"In downforce we trust"

bauc

davidfroshanzen wrote:This forum was quieter. if there is a source internal honda of the leaked about current honda engine development would probably this forum be alive again. :D
Its the end of the season, its only natural. After all this was another one sided season with few bright moments. Just wait and see when the per-launch speculation threads open :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg