Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mikeerfol

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside- ... rtnership/
CNN International and McLaren Technology Group enter multi-year partnership

Vasconia

Mesteño wrote:Alonso en @movistar_F1 : "Me impresionó la fábrica de Honda en Japón. Lo tienen todo para el éxito, cuando vi aquello me ayudó a decidirme"

Alonso in Movistar TV: "I was impressed by Honda factory in Japan. They have everything for sucess. When I saw that it helped me decide"

Sakura factory must be quite impressive if FA who has been in some big teams is impressed.
I have no doubts about this factory´s excellence but it sounds like the typical propaganda for the team.

PABLOEING

¿Some photo of Sakura F1 engine Factory in Japan?

Richard

Vasconia wrote:
Mesteño wrote:Sakura factory must be quite impressive if FA who has been in some big teams is impressed.
I have no doubts about this factory´s excellence but it sounds like the typical propaganda for the team.
Yup, it's face saving to cover up for the fact that he didn't have a seat for 2015.

It was Mclaren or Marussia. Tough call. I can see why he insisted on viewing the factory first.

Or maybe he meant to say "Ferrari, Red Bull and Merc wouldn't even let me in their factory. I thought I had no friends, no one loved me. So I was impressed when I was allowed to see the Honda factory...."

Mesteño

CNN new sponsor. Main space on the sidepods? Red black and white confirmed as team color?

Richard wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Mesteño wrote:Sakura factory must be quite impressive if FA who has been in some big teams is impressed.
Yup, it's face saving to cover up for the fact that he didn't have a seat for 2015.

It was Mclaren or Marussia. Tough call. I can see why he insisted on viewing the factory first.

Or maybe he meant to say "Ferrari, Red Bull and Merc wouldn't even let me in their factory. I thought I had no friends, no one loved me. So I was impressed when I was allowed to see the Honda factory...."

He had two more years in the contract with Ferrari. It is not like he had a gun pointing to him, he could have stayed but he preferred to move.

Why would he be lying?
Last edited by Mesteño on 20 Jan 2015, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Avocado

Mesteño wrote:CNN new sponsor. Main space on the sidepods? Red black and white confirmed as team color?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7yP__6CUAAX3tg.jpg

https://cloud-1416351791-cache.cdn-cach ... -logo1.png
No. CNN is not a title sponsor. Their logos will be on the front-wing endplates.

Mesteño

And beautiful promo of the presentation with a "young Button" #MAKEHISTORY

I think it gives some clues of new livery too.

Redragon

Mesteño wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UtNYh2jVc

And beautiful promo of the presentation with a "young Button" #MAKEHISTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7QCEjpUtRA

I think it gives some clues of new livery too.
CNN logo is red over white and Dennis and Rani are in black suit not grey as the drivers line up presentation. More convinced that livery will be red, black and white

Alexgtt

I really don't think we can attribute the bosses suit colours to the new livery.....................but I do think your right saying red and white may be dominant on the car this year. :wink:

Mesteño

Redragon wrote:
CNN logo is red over white and Dennis and Rani are in black suit not grey as the drivers line up presentation. More convinced that livery will be red, black and white

Well, it would have been great if they be in red suit doesn't it? :lol:

Richard

Mesteño wrote:He had two more years in the contract with Ferrari. It is not like he had a gun pointing to him, he could have stayed but he preferred to move.

Why would he be lying?
I didn't say he was lying. We all knew that Alonso and Ferrari agreed to terminate the contract in the middle of last year. After his famous fall out with the Ferrari management he had the choice of Mclaren or bust.

Anyway it's only a bit of PR spin. They always say everything is fantastic and better than ever, it's not worth taking seriously.

Mesteño

Richard wrote:
I didn't say he was lying. We all knew that Alonso and Ferrari agreed to terminate the contract in the middle of last year. After his famous fall out with the Ferrari management he had the choice of Mclaren or bust.
Hard to believe for me there was a "hell, where do I go now" situation. Sometime in the past season Alonso decided to go to Mclaren and then he asked Ferrari to leave, I think after the Japan GP. The summer fall out with Ferrari management only accelerated the process.

lebesset

seems to be a feeling in the press that alonso is being preference over button by having first shot at the car in pre season one
but i would have thought the opposite , first up is more likely to get any problems , so in my view button is better getting day 2 and day 4
or is that just my way of looking at it ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

kptaylor

lebesset wrote:seems to be a feeling in the press that alonso is being preference over button by having first shot at the car in pre season one
but i would have thought the opposite , first up is more likely to get any problems , so in my view button is better getting day 2 and day 4
Just your way of thinking about it...

Red Bull, Ferrari, Force India, Sauber and Toro Rosso are doing the same.Merc & Williams are not.

Manoah2u

lebesset wrote:seems to be a feeling in the press that alonso is being preference over button by having first shot at the car in pre season one
what nonsense. If button was the first to go at it, you'd get "Alonso gets owned by the still Alonso-Hating Ron Dennis who wants to show him Button is his man". Now alonso goes first and "Button is Alonso's little b*tch".

it's just planned testing, nothing more, nothing less.

i'd assume the same as you though about the value of Button getting day 2 and 4, being the one that is less likely to run into 'trouble'. However, it also depends on what is getting tested. one part may be trouble-free, while another part may be troublesome. Bad luck if you're the driver to run into the troublesome part.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"