Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mrluke
mrluke

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Its misleading because at no point do you have an apples to apples comparison.

From what I can see the driver that pulls the highest G on a particular lap gets the 10 and everybody else is pro-rata'd. This means that if everybody is cruising around, the "least slow" cruiser will get 10s but also when everybody is going flat out the very fastest will get a 10, on the graph both of these scores will appear equal.

You could interpret the graph to say that when Button was pushing as hard as he could he achieved ~60% of the cornering G achieved by Massa. That sounds an awful lot less impressive than equaling the Mercedes.

The data / presentation is so vague with constantly changing scales that you could see whatever you would like to see in it.
Last edited by mrluke on 24 Mar 2015, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Per
Per

It's not 60% of the g force Massa is producing, that would be awfully slow. He's at 60% between Massa and the driver with the lowest cornering performance, whoever that was.

Still, it would be much more interesting to see this in absolute numbers (for example, a lap by lap plot of the average g-force at every apex in that lap). Not that we could derive much from it, because then you don't know what downforce settings everyone is running. There is a good statistic that does take all of that into account though; it's called lap time.

windwaves
windwaves

hmmm, kind of interesting to see how facts so far obviously legitimate my previously made observations of the disastrous start to Honda McLaren new adventure in F1.

Button himself today saying that the most important thing is for them to accumulate data, something that interestingly enough I had pointed out several weeks ago as a huge problem from the complete failure during pre-season testing.

Very good. Hopefully some here will learn to be more cautious when commenting on posts that are pretty much mere observation of facts.

So who is laughing now Alonso or Vettel ?

OMG I feel bad for Alonso, what a bad decision, of course, it truly was not predictable that McLaren would be where it is now, just like it was unpredictable to see Ferrari win so soon if at all, nonetheless it is catastrophic for both driver and team. Don't you think ?

multisync
multisync

pretty sure both drivers had a good idea of what they were going into this year and personally I see them as doing great work with the new car and engine. They have come up huge after a very short time. Whilst winning is the ultimate aim progress is very uplifting and I suspect there is a lot of heart taken from this weekend.

They will come good and both drivers can get a lot of pride from doing their bit.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

windwaves wrote:hmmm, kind of interesting to see how facts so far obviously legitimate my previously made observations of the disastrous start to Honda McLaren new adventure in F1.

Button himself today saying that the most important thing is for them to accumulate data, something that interestingly enough I had pointed out several weeks ago as a huge problem from the complete failure during pre-season testing.

Very good. Hopefully some here will learn to be more cautious when commenting on posts that are pretty much mere observation of facts.

OMG I feel bad for Alonso, what a bad decision, of course, it truly was not predictable that McLaren would be where it is now, just like it was unpredictable to see Ferrari win so soon if at all, nonetheless it is catastrophic for both driver and team. Don't you think ?
Vettel is laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done today!!!

I wonder how long time will Alonso keep the mask? Keep saying that move from Ferrari was right one. To leave Ferrari was bad decision. Mclaren-Honda are to far behind, to win this season will be impossible. I expected so much more from Mclaren-Honda.

giantfan10
giantfan10

double post
Last edited by giantfan10 on 29 Mar 2015, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

giantfan10
giantfan10

this post is purely for a laugh not to start a flame war about drivers

windwaves
windwaves

Fer.Fan wrote:
windwaves wrote:hmmm, kind of interesting to see how facts so far obviously legitimate my previously made observations of the disastrous start to Honda McLaren new adventure in F1.

Vettel is laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done today!!!

I wonder how long time will Alonso keep the mask? Keep saying that move from Ferrari was right one. To leave Ferrari was bad decision. Mclaren-Honda are to far behind, to win this season will be impossible. I expected so much more from Mclaren-Honda.
so did I, until pre-season testing which clearly showed how bad things really were.

diffuser

giantfan10 wrote:this post is purely for a laugh not to start a flame war about drivers
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 83b1f5ed05

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andres125sx

Fer.Fan wrote:Vettel is laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done today!!!

windwaves wrote: Very good. Hopefully some here will learn to be more cautious when commenting on posts that are pretty much mere observation of facts.

It´s you who said people will learn to be more cautious? :shock:

Same one who said on Malaysia thread McLaren was fighting with Manor when they actually where fighting with RBR?

Maybe you both guys should remind winning GPs with a Ferrari is something Alonso did 11 times before Vettel, including his very first race with them, and that was never enough for him. Actually that was the reason for him to leave Ferrari, he want titles, not victories on GPs

With a track temperature of 61ºC (142ºF) and a poor strategy for Mercedes I highly doubt Ferrari will do any more than what they´ve done on previous seassons with Alonso, winning some single GP when conditions are favourable to them but, any of you really think Ferrari will be a title contender?

Then Vettel (and you) shouldn´t be laughting yet, wait until we see what´s the real potential for Honda, Alonso didn´t sign with McLaren to win the title this season, he said many times this season will be dificult so it looks like you´re the only one surprised with current situation. They went from last one with a huge difference to the next, to fight for the points with RBR only on second GP.... this is not a short term project. Cautious you said? Agree, people should learn to be more cautious

Vasconia

I am still optimistic after this race. From being the last ones and being lapped 3 times and with no real chances of fighting with any other time. To run in the midfield fighting with FI and not far from RB. I think is a great improvement.
Plus come one, its Malaysia and it was really hot. I knew that they were not going to end the race. China will be another thing.

Moreover, Alonso is thinking in 2016, it is quite clear. But its also true that he needs to see a real improvement before he loses his patience, which usually doesn't last too much.

Thunder

I, too, am quite optimistic for the Future. The Step from Melbourne to Sepang was huge and Jensons Comment about the in Race Front wing change makes me confident that McLaren is on a good Way of fully understanding the Car and will be able to make some real Progress over the course of the Season.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Same here, the progress made in Sepang was a good step forward, I'm sure Mclaren Honda will be more competitive as the season progresses
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

KingHamilton01

No one is willing to give McLaren Honda any slack, like a wounded animal every is taking there opportunity to jump on it. I have previously stated in another thread that I don't believe the team will go away from this grand prix downhearted. This is quite the opposite the team, engineers and drivers have all been positive! for me it's only going to get better and stronger. People seem to forget that Honda are in there first season but because this is McLaren everything is made look worse than it is by the pundits.

China will be another tough Grand Prix for sure, but the team have data and you can be sure McLaren and Honda won't be sitting still. Everyone who has any sense is reserving there judgement, the team said give them some time to get on top of everything and that's what I will do.
McLaren Mercedes

Tim.Wright

KingHamilton01 wrote:No one is willing to give McLaren Honda any slack
Apart from all the posts immediately before yours?
Not the engineer at Force India