Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jef Patat

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Exactly. Tires, fuel, setup, testing, traffic, strategy, ...
Practice times don't say a lot. Jenson missing tracktime is time remains a pitty.

mclaren111

Does this look familiar ??

I think they must get Vandoorne in the car next year. Then in 2017 he is ready [-o< :D

j2004p

mclaren111 wrote:http://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... d-prix.jpg

Does this look familiar ?? [-o< :D
ART are Mclaren's junior team these days, hence the livery. TBH I was suprised that they weren't running Mclaren's livery from the start of the season.

mclaren111

Do you know when the collaboration started ?

gary123

mclaren111 wrote:Do you know when the collaboration started ?
Barcellona 2015

mikeerfol

Ι'm sure the connection was there since last year? Didn't ART have the same drivers last year?

kaepernickus

mikeerfol wrote:Ι'm sure the connection was there since last year? Didn't ART have the same drivers last year?
No, last year Izawa was in the second car. This year it's Matsushita (a Honda protege).

Considering the connection I think it started last year (Vandoorne joining ART) and was steadily enhanced up to the point where Matsushita was announced as a second driver for 2015.

gary123

kaepernickus wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:Ι'm sure the connection was there since last year? Didn't ART have the same drivers last year?
No, last year Izawa was in the second car. This year it's Matsushita (a Honda protege).

Considering the connection I think it started last year (Vandoorne joining ART) and was steadily enhanced up to the point where Matsushita was announced as a second driver for 2015.
The connection started in 2006 with Lewis, and art uses McLaren in GT racing.

CjC
CjC

Vandoorme is a super star, surely he's going to be a top F1 driver.
But I worry for him and all the other junior drivers currently, they are 'growing up' in the Pirelli nurturing phase of racing and if Pirelli loose the tender and we go back to racing on racey Michelins or any other true manufacture, will it harm drivers like Vandoorme and others?
You could argue that if Vandoorme is as good as I make out he should be able to adapt- Alonso esque but it took the super star Hamilton a 3/4 years to truely master the Pirelli degredation, turns out it's worked out well for Hamilton and Alonso.
I just hope drivers like Vandroome will get the opportunity what ever the rule conditions are to challenge for titles and be multiple world champions.

My only concern about Mclaren and Honda being in bed together is Honda insistence to run Japanese drivers... The likes off Matsushita, Sato and Kobycrashi and Nakajima are/where rubbish at best, they didnt or don't have that 'star' quality that you see in the best drivers. I just hope Mclaren resist any pressure from Honda to run a Japanese driver in the F1 team.
For the record I hope I don't offend anyone and I'm not saying European drivers are better that Asian drivers just the Asian drivers have a certain track record lets say.
Just a fan's point of view

Cold Fussion

Surely a racing driver is first and foremost good at going fast, and then going fast and managing the tyres.

Andres125sx

Damn Rosberg, I was really willing to see if Button could pass Q3, it lookd plausible...

Thunder

Yeds it was disappointing to see that Yellow Flag. Button would had a really good chance to get to Q3, looking at the Sector Times. Hes lost half a second in the First Corner.
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2015/mo ... port-2015/
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Thunders wrote:Yeds it was disappointing to see that Yellow Flag. Button would had a really good chance to get to Q3, looking at the Sector Times. Hes lost half a second in the First Corner.
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2015/mo ... port-2015/
Yes bro, karma is just not on their side this year
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CjC
CjC

Nice result. Nice to get some points. Nice pace. Same old, same old about reliability, that need to improve. I think Mclaren and Honda will get slaughtered in Canada, think everyone will jump them barring the Manors.
Just a fan's point of view

jericho

Finally some points!
Laptimes looked good all through the race. Canada will be difficult, so Hungary will be the next chance to shine again.