Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

jericho wrote:Finally some points!
Laptimes looked good all through the race. Canada will be difficult, so Hungary will be the next chance to shine again.

The only good thing about Canada for Mclaren is it can be a PU comparison with Monza later in the year, IF they make changes.

godlameroso

Canada has turns too, mostly low speed ones, and it requires very good brakes, it's another confidence circuit. I expect them to be roughly the same as in Monaco, with one of them just missing out on points if the car stays together.
Saishū kōnā

Cold Fussion

Canada is very much a power circuit, baring a major upgrade to the engine they will struggle.

Sevach

What do you guys think about the Honda driveability?

It looks like they went for an extended wind up phase.
Traction is good.

windwaves

CjC wrote:Nice result. Nice to get some points. Nice pace. Same old, same old about reliability, that need to improve. I think Mclaren and Honda will get slaughtered in Canada, think everyone will jump them barring the Manors.
yep, and for the first time ever I have a reason to like the Manors or crap like that polluting the tracks...

Thank you Manor.

Sevach

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda ... /?v=11&s=1

Still on topic of driveability, this reads like the extra smooth delivery was a Monaco special and it would cost them time elsewhere.

Vasconia

windwaves wrote:
CjC wrote:Nice result. Nice to get some points. Nice pace. Same old, same old about reliability, that need to improve. I think Mclaren and Honda will get slaughtered in Canada, think everyone will jump them barring the Manors.
yep, and for the first time ever I have a reason to like the Manors or crap like that polluting the tracks...

Thank you Manor.
I think that Canada and Austria(unless they use some tokens for that race) will be very painful to see for every Mclaren fan. I strongly recommend you not to watch those races. :?

Buy I hope I am wrong.

windwaves

indeed.

And Monza and SpA, what do you think of those ??

Come on Honda fix this thing - BANZAi !!!!!!

Vasconia

windwaves wrote:indeed.

Those are also terrible but I hope that after the summer the car and the power unit will look better.

windwaves

Vasconia wrote:
windwaves wrote:indeed.

Those are also terrible but I hope that after the summer the car and the power unit will look better.

got it - yes, some progress hopefully will make them less painful

Andres125sx

I´m not sure about that, both Honda and McLaren are progressing consistently. Obviously that´s easy when you come from last postion, but anycase they don´t stop improving what should make us a bit more optimistic

windwaves

optimistic pessimistic, positive negative, whatever, the japs need to get their sh***T together and Dennis ensure the car is where it needs to be when that happens.

Points in Montecarlo, from Button only, sadly do not make me happy at all. On another track may be. We need mileage, mileage and mileage to recoup the data gap and positively take advantage of this lost season as a testing platform. The only way I am pretty sure to begin to hope in better results next year.

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote:Points in Montecarlo, from Button only
Alonso was 9th when the gearbox failed, and IIRC it was the fourth race for that gearbox (since China?)

PlatinumZealot

windwaves wrote:optimistic pessimistic, positive negative, whatever, the japs need to get their sh***T together and Dennis ensure the car is where it needs to be when that happens.

Points in Montecarlo, from Button only, sadly do not make me happy at all. On another track may be. We need mileage, mileage and mileage to recoup the data gap and positively take advantage of this lost season as a testing platform. The only way I am pretty sure to begin to hope in better results next year.
They are too honourable these days. Should have run that engine in the NSX chassis last year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

trinidefender

windwaves wrote:optimistic pessimistic, positive negative, whatever, the japs need to get their sh***T together and Dennis ensure the car is where it needs to be when that happens.

Good thing you aren't running the team then. Honestly you are starting to sound like some of those guys from over at the autosport forum. It is like you suddenly expect McLaren-Honda to jump from where they are to the top of the grid in the space of two weeks. When that obviously doesn't happen then you post a moan about how the team is failing etc. these things don't happen overnight. It has been pretty much stated by everybody in the paddock that a teams performance doesn't just change completely overnight. Cars these days are far to refined for that. That is why having B spec cars is almost unheard of now. The closest thing I can remember to a B spec car is when lotus introduced a shorter wheelbase chassis a few seasons ago, which oddly enough got binned after a few races if I remember correctly. Now back to my point.

McLaren-Honda have been making consistent progress every race and have been moving forward. If that isn't good enough for you then I suggest you go find another team to support. This is supposed to be a technical forum, not a whine thread like the other one. Do us a favour and keep as much emotion out of your posts as possible if you can't control it.