Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
George-Jung

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Very nice to see!!
And also very important for Vettel to feel at home and beloved in his new team..

mika vs michael

Last year Rosberg was not pushing...Mercedes had a dnf from the beginning, it was a different story. It would be almost a minute or at least a lot more than 35 secs if there was a fight between Rosberg and Hamilton last year...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

nacho

It's been evident in all comments that Raikkonen is able to drive the car more like he wants. I think last year was an exception with the car being completely opposite to his liking and Alonso being so good at extracting speed from ill handling and understeering cars.

radosav

Kimi's incident explained.

Crabbia

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118075

I really like Arrivabene's stryle. he realised it was a political situation, took all the pressure of the technical guys so they could focus on their responsibilities and got a positive result from the political sphere of the sport. Another thing is he doesn't proclaim to know the technical stuff. He asked for the situation to be explained to him instead of assuming he knows it, he accepts that he is not technical and behaves accordingly, with respect, even admiration for the mechanics.

Best of all he is open and honest with the media which means for us we get to hear things like this.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Vasconia

Crabbia wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118075

I really like Arrivabene's stryle. he realised it was a political situation, took all the pressure of the technical guys so they could focus on their responsibilities and got a positive result from the political sphere of the sport. Another thing is he doesn't proclaim to know the technical stuff. He asked for the situation to be explained to him instead of assuming he knows it, he accepts that he is not technical and behaves accordingly, with respect, even admiration for the mechanics.

Best of all he is open and honest with the media which means for us we get to hear things like this.
I like this guy, very straightforward in all that he does. He shows character but at the sametime modesty.

f1316

Vasconia wrote:
Crabbia wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118075

I like this guy, very straightforward in all that he does. He shows character but at the sametime modesty.
Yes, I agree. Also he's not overly cautious or conservative (as someone with Italian heritage, I find this can be a trait in Italy that can limit progress) saying that they're now confident they're ahead of Williams and should concentrate on closing the gap to Mercedes- which is where Ferrari should have been all along.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... o-mercedes

He's certainly arrived well... :D

Found this funny though also:

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/races/au ... =401976688

Was it a deliberate mistake to forget fernando won his first race for Ferrari? ;)
Last edited by f1316 on 17 Mar 2015, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Richard

Dear Ferrari fans, I know you all loved Alonso then hated him, but please have some dignity. Please find a private space to shed your tears and vent your anger. The Alsonso love/hate posts have gone in the bin to preserve your dignity.

f1316

Richard wrote:Dear Ferrari fans, I know you all loved Alonso then hated him, but please have some dignity. Please find a private space to shed your tears and vent your anger. The Alsonso love/hate posts have gone in the bin to preserve your dignity.
Ah man, I missed them! ;)

AnthonyG

f1316 wrote: http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/races/au ... =401976688

Was it a deliberate mistake to forget fernando won his first race for Ferrari? ;)
According to that page, a certain Schumacher was on pole in 2007.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

f1316

AnthonyG wrote:
f1316 wrote: http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/races/australian-grand-prix-melbourne/?MID=401976688&UID=4176347466&utm_campaign=150316_F1_EN+%5Bgruppo%3A+F1+eng+-+contenuto%3A+post+GP+Australia+%5D&utm_content=4176347466&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=401976688

According to that page, a certain Schumacher was on pole in 2007.
Lol I choose to believe that they're saving all their attention to detail for the car :)

PistoniRoventi

AnthonyG wrote:
f1316 wrote: http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/races/au ... =401976688

Was it deliberate that you confused the Australian GP with the Bahrain GP? :wink:

giantfan10

williams finishing ahead of ferrari and red bull later in the year had zero to do with development and everything to do with their superior pu and williams finding creative ways to throw away good finishes earlier in the year with suspect strategy and plain old bad luck.
ferrari had pu issues and front end issues and never realistically belonged anywhere near the front of the grid.
red bull lucked into a couple wins when mercedes had mechanical issues along with gifts from the safety car.

williams didnt outdevelop anybody...
the major advantage they had over redbull and ferrari was the pu and that was an advantage that could not be challenged due to the 2014 rules.....that is not the case this year.[/quote]

so far so good on my prediction :mrgreen:

Kiril Varbanov

According to Omnicorse and AS, Iñaki Rueda, Lotus strategist, will start at Ferrari in Malaysia as Head of Race Strategy.

evered7

Kiril Varbanov wrote:According to Omnicorse and AS, Iñaki Rueda, Lotus strategist, will start at Ferrari in Malaysia as Head of Race Strategy.
Is it the dude that left Kimi out on worn tires leading him to fall down the ladder massively in India (I think) in 2013?