Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
windwaves

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

iotar__ wrote:
windwaves wrote:this is going to be interesting: Ferrari all new in Spain. We will know what the news guys are truly capable of since they have nothing to do with the car so far this season.
Not that I care that much but I think it affects more on operational and political level than technical or car preparation. Although mid-season I'm sure it didn't happen overnight, replacement is (read somewhere) Diego Ioverno - Ferrari Operations Director who was on the podium with Vettel in Mal.
I was referring to the car. The revision fore this w/e are apparently very significant and the first real contribution of the new Ferrari since the firings started with Domenicali, engine guys, mattiaccci, ......

Silent Storm

Kimi in his interview on Sky sports said his fresh set of tyres got burnt in blankets.

Can anyone explain what tyres did he did his final run on?? I thought they we refresh medium but Kimi says they were destroyed. :?
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

evered7

Silent Storm wrote:Kimi in his interview on Sky sports said his fresh set of tyres got burnt in blankets.

Can anyone explain what tyres did he did his final run on?? I thought they we refresh medium but Kimi says they were destroyed. :?
Kimi first run on used mediums. Second on new ones. Just dont have the pace in the car. Vettel probably did just enough in q2 to proceed without taking much life out of the tires.

Edit: he has just said that one set were burnt by the blankets. So not sure which set he did his second Q3 lap on. But F1 live timing shows 3 lap count for his Mediums vs 2 for Vettel.

Juzh

evered7 wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:Kimi in his interview on Sky sports said his fresh set of tyres got burnt in blankets.

Kimi first run on used mediums. Second on new ones. Just dont have the pace in the car. Vettel probably did just enough in q2 to proceed without taking much life out of the tires.

Edit: he has just said that one set were burnt by the blankets. So not sure which set he did his second Q3 lap on. But F1 live timing shows 3 lap count for his Mediums vs 2 for Vettel.
He burned one set in Q3, then another one in Q2 (race tires). 1 new set got rekt in the blankets, so he re-used the ones from Q1. Then used the last new set for the 2nd run in Q3.
At least that's what I think happened.

GoranF1

Former hero of Italy:

“I was in the Ferrari last year half a minute, a minute behind Mercedes and on Sunday they were 43 seconds behind in Barcelona. Nothing has changed – and that is one of the reasons why l moved. I saw nothing change for five years."

even if Williams and Redbull have clearly taken steps backwards the numbers never lie!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Silent Storm

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Former hero of Italy:

“I was in the Ferrari last year half a minute, a minute behind Mercedes and on Sunday they were 43 seconds behind in Barcelona. Nothing has changed – and that is one of the reasons why l moved. I saw nothing change for five years."

even if Williams and Redbull have clearly taken steps backwards the numbers never lie!
The same can be said about Mclaren. Just add a minute to those 43 seconds and it's been same for them too last couple of years.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

GoranF1

Silent Storm wrote:

The same can be said about Mclaren. Just add a minute to those 43 seconds and it's been same for them too last couple of years.
i agree but the differnece is Mclaren will catch Merc before Ferrari does...and that will be in 2017.
Until then boring Mercedes domination i am afraid.

santos

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:

i agree but the differnece is Mclaren will catch Merc before Ferrari does...and that will be in 2017.
Until then boring Mercedes domination i am afraid.
Is that a wish, or you read it in the stars?

evered7

Juzh wrote:
evered7 wrote: Kimi first run on used mediums. Second on new ones. Just dont have the pace in the car. Vettel probably did just enough in q2 to proceed without taking much life out of the tires.

He burned one set in Q3, then another one in Q2 (race tires). 1 new set got rekt in the blankets, so he re-used the ones from Q1. Then used the last new set for the 2nd run in Q3.
At least that's what I think happened.
Quite a difference between Vettel and Kimi if they were indeed on new tires for their last run. Surely that would amount to the improvement made by Ferrari with the new parts. His gap in Q1 coupled with the need to use medium while Vettel did it with the hard compounds add more weight to the parts working theory.

iotar__

He had to wait five races to choose those numbers though, what were the numbers in Bahrain, China and Malaysia? Although his reasoning - risking on something special - was understandable he was wrong. Ferrari closed the gap with the engine and is the only team that has a chance in 2016, unless it was all fuel tricks. 2017 may be too late (age) and he knows it. Allison tried to convince him ;-) : http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/05/10/ ... t-ferrari/ , original http://www.repubblica.it/sport/formulau ... 113947060/

GoranF1

santos wrote:[

Is that a wish, or you read it in the stars?
[/quote]

There are alarm bells ringing in Marranello after 43 sec behind in BCN some say!
I say they are ringing since 2009 winter pre sesason test and hasnt't stoped ringing since!
That is what the "stars" say!

GoranF1

iotar__ wrote:

He had to wait five races to choose those numbers though, what were the numbers in Bahrain, China and Malaysia? Although his reasoning - risking on something special - was understandable he was wrong. Ferrari closed the gap with the engine and is the only team that has a chance in 2016, unless it was all fuel tricks. 2017 may be too late (age) and he knows it. Allison tried to convince him ;-) : http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/05/10/ ... t-ferrari/ , original http://www.repubblica.it/sport/formulau ... 113947060/
i support his decidion to leave,Ferrari is closer but not close enough and will not win title for years only a few random races,Honda has taken a risk approach and is the only one whit potential to beat Merc(title) in the future.
Ferrari 0% chance.

santos

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
i support his decidion to leave,Ferrari is closer but not close enough and will not win title for years only a few random races,Honda has taken a risk approach and is the only one whit potential to beat Merc(title) in the future.
Ferrari 0% chance.
Yeahhh, i hope you are right, wizard.

evered7

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
Ferrari 0% chance.
You whole argument seems to be based on the 'high risk' approach that McLaren has taken. Trouble is even they cannot be sure it will work out until it happens. Remember the exhaust model they had created a few years ago with multi outlets. This can be a similar fiasco.

Alonso is well entitled to move to McLaren in search of greener pastures. But his guess about Ferrari's performance is as good as mine about McLaren. Hence I think it is time he stops blabbering about Ferrari and concentrate on his own team.

He need not necessarily analyze Ferrari's performance to give out a reason for his move. If he hasn't noticed, Ferrari has already won a GP and have been on the podium in all the races conducted so far in this season.

Many might attribute it to RB/Williams poor show. But can we then attribute RB's titles or Mercedes' title last year to Ferrari's incompetence?

Somebody does a better job each season. That's just the way F1 works.

Juzh

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote: i agree but the differnece is Mclaren will catch Merc before Ferrari does...and that will be in 2017.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Magic ball told you that? Or maybe boulier?