Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mika vs michael

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Ferrari has clearly improved in the sense that in 2014 the real gap between Mercedes and Ferrari was around 2 seconds per lap and now it is below 1. Last year the best Ferrari car was 87 secs behind the winner of the race in Barcelona...
If anyone expected that Ferrari from a 2 podiums season in 2014 would become a serious title challenger in 2015 without massive rules change then they know nothing about F1. Ferrari has to establish as the second best team and build upon to launch a serious challenge for next year and maybe win it in 2017...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

ferkan

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Former hero of Italy:

“I was in the Ferrari last year half a minute, a minute behind Mercedes and on Sunday they were 43 seconds behind in Barcelona. Nothing has changed – and that is one of the reasons why l moved. I saw nothing change for five years."

even if Williams and Redbull have clearly taken steps backwards the numbers never lie!
He had to wait five races to choose those numbers though, what were the numbers in Bahrain, China and Malaysia? Although his reasoning - risking on something special - was understandable he was wrong. Ferrari closed the gap with the engine and is the only team that has a chance in 2016, unless it was all fuel tricks. 2017 may be too late (age) and he knows it. Allison tried to convince him ;-) : http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/05/10/ ... t-ferrari/ , original http://www.repubblica.it/sport/formulau ... 113947060/
i support his decidion to leave,Ferrari is closer but not close enough and will not win title for years only a few random races,Honda has taken a risk approach and is the only one whit potential to beat Merc(title) in the future.
Ferrari 0% chance.
You are dreaming mate, there is no "risk" approach by Mclaren-Honda at all. It all started with "size zero" design of coke bottle and it turned out in complete disaster 5 races after. All this talk about innovative design of PU and yet the guys who were first to report compressor inside V (Omnicorse) still say its regular centrifugal one and too small at that. The biggest mistake Honda made with their engine was aiming for compactness in belief that McLaren of all constructors will be able to wrap car with aero that will be grid beater. Its not. Car looks like a dog to drive (albeit it could because of Honda's PU driveability), engine performs and sounds pretty bad and there is less and less excuses about being down on ERS, so I suspect by Canada we will have Honda engine performing at its best if we don't have it already here in Barcelona. I don't know why people think its given Honda will be any better in its first year then Renault...

As far as everything else Mclaren, they look a bit amateurish all around. Even their pit stops are snail speed like and they genuinely look like they almost don't care. Every test session they are dead last to get out on the track, and first to get in the garage. Even everlasting optimist like Button has resorted with "miracle pleads" on twitter after he said he doesn't even expect points this year. If thats not wake up call for people like you then I don't know what is...

Cold Fussion

The optimistic Mclaren is rather strange, considering in 2012 when they had the best car on the grid they mentioned to chuck away both championships, and the 2013 and 2014 were also terrible. Despite knowing exactly the requirements for 2015, Honda and or Mclaren have managed to produce what can only be described as an unmitigated disaster. Perhaps in 2016 they will produce an amazing car and PU, but I see very little reason we can extrapolate from previous years that they are title contenders in waiting, especially more so than Ferrari.

Cuky

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:i support his decidion to leave,Ferrari is closer but not close enough and will not win title for years only a few random races,Honda has taken a risk approach and is the only one whit potential to beat Merc(title) in the future.
Ferrari 0% chance.

Me too. I didn't like it when it was announced that he will join Ferrari, I didn't like him when he was in red and I don't like him now so I am quite happy that he has finally packed his things and went away.

He did have some brilliant races in Ferrari but all that crap he was saying about team before he joined and now when he left I just can't ignore as a Ferrari fan.

And all of this talk about taking risks...well, enjoy driving at the back of the grid :lol:

zeph

Well, in all fairness, Alonso did stick with Ferrari for five long seasons.

And while the team certainly seems to have upped the ante this season, they are only second best, and Alonso already knows what that is like (2010, 2012, 2013), so nothing really new there. 2014 seems to have been an uncharacteristic dip for the Scuderia, but even though they are doing much better now, they are yet to demonstrate any kind of superiority over Mercedes.

giantfan10

zeph wrote:Well, in all fairness, Alonso did stick with Ferrari for five long seasons.

And while the team certainly seems to have upped the ante this season, they are only second best, and Alonso already knows what that is like (2010, 2012, 2013), so nothing really new there. 2014 seems to have been an uncharacteristic dip for the Scuderia, but even though they are doing much better now, they are yet to demonstrate any kind of superiority over Mercedes.
versus fighting for 17th nd 18th and selling the general public a load of hogwash about potential and how fast they will be in some future race in the mclaren.
Alonso is trying to save face and its not working. My guess is that by the time mclaren is competitive again alonso will not be a driver for them.

windwaves

zeph wrote:Well, in all fairness, Alonso did stick with Ferrari for five long seasons.

agreed totally. It all remains to be seen even though that one win with Vettel is a bit weird.....

GPR-A duplicate2

giantfan10 wrote:

versus fighting for 17th nd 18th and selling the general public a load of hogwash about potential and how fast they will be in some future race in the mclaren.
Alonso is trying to save face and its not working. My guess is that by the time mclaren is competitive again alonso will not be a driver for them.
To Alonso, whether he finishes 2nd or 22nd, it really is the same. Having experienced Ferrari's ENGINEERING PROWESS for 5 long years, if he sees no ray of hope there, then there is no one else who can really argue with him, especially NOT the arm chair experts here. He has taken a decision to move elsewhere to "TRY" and win that elusive 3rd championship, which he is convinced that he can't do it in a Ferrari. He himself has openly told that if Ferrari wins the championship, his was a bad decision to leave, else it was a good decision, irrespective of where they finish.

Alonso need not have to save face as he has simply demonstrated he is the best driver out there and that's a fact that not just the viewing public accepts, but almost all the team principals themselves do.

Chuckjr

windwaves wrote:

agreed totally. It all remains to be seen even though that one win with Vettel is a bit weird.....
Ferrari did everything correct in that race and played a perfect strategy for the race as it presented. Merc did a lot wrong. If that happens again, the same race result will likely occur. It's great they are able to take advantage when opportunity knocks, but it's really just snapping up scraps from the table. I hope their power unit upgrade is a miracle of Ferrari team engineering and delivers a ton.
Watching F1 since 1986.

evered7

Chuckjr wrote:
windwaves wrote:

Ferrari did everything correct in that race and played a perfect strategy for the race as it presented. Merc did a lot wrong. If that happens again, the same race result will likely occur. It's great they are able to take advantage when opportunity knocks, but it's really just snapping up scraps from the table. I hope their power unit upgrade is a miracle of Ferrari team engineering and delivers a ton.
Ferrari had the pace in Malaysia. It seems like it was more forgiving of the fact that the car lacked downforce compared to Mercedes and provided the high temperatures as well, it played into Ferrari's hands. Ferrari didn't have to fight Mercedes for the top spot as well since they reliquished it by themselves through the 3-pitstop strategy.

Ferrari simply didn't have the pace in Barcelona. Very much evident in the lap charts graph you can see in F1F.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/29/m ... t-ferrari/
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/10/m ... advantage/

wickedz50

Ferrari still needs to improve many important things, aero being on top priority but they are moving ahead with good future prospect. Ferrari will not be able to challenge the Merc consistently in 2015 but I believe that 2016 will be challenging. Alonso or anyone the arguement will continue but its useless now. Vettel is very competent and all Ferrari needs is probably a good steady No 2. Today Ferrari with all expectation looks bad when compared to Mercs. Mercs have something which no other team has and lets accept it. Today the Formula is more about engine power,PU and Chasis and less of driver.

giantfan10

GPR-A wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:

To Alonso, whether he finishes 2nd or 22nd, it really is the same. Having experienced Ferrari's ENGINEERING PROWESS for 5 long years, if he sees no ray of hope there, then there is no one else who can really argue with him, especially NOT the arm chair experts here. He has taken a decision to move elsewhere to "TRY" and win that elusive 3rd championship, which he is convinced that he can't do it in a Ferrari. He himself has openly told that if Ferrari wins the championship, his was a bad decision to leave, else it was a good decision, irrespective of where they finish.

Alonso need not have to save face as he has simply demonstrated he is the best driver out there and that's a fact that not just the viewing public accepts, but almost all the team principals themselves do.
Best driver or not its a bit ridiculous his weekly justification or attempt at justification of his move to mclaren.
this is classic ex girlfriend syndrome ... she breaks up with you and goes on to marry a millionaire and u spend the next few months trying to convince everybody how worthless she really is.
Alonso would be better served taking the high road and getting on with the disaster he is a part of at Mclaren...
he is obviously entitled to his opinion and some agree with him and some dont... thats life
i cant help my reaction every time i read about him trying to justify his move weekly ... my honest reaction has been "dude just shut up and get on with the team you're with"

Vasconia

wickedz50 wrote:Ferrari still needs to improve many important things, aero being on top priority but they are moving ahead with good future prospect. Ferrari will not be able to challenge the Merc consistently in 2015 but I believe that 2016 will be challenging. Alonso or anyone the arguement will continue but its useless now. Vettel is very competent and all Ferrari needs is probably a good steady No 2. Today Ferrari with all expectation looks bad when compared to Mercs. Mercs have something which no other team has and lets accept it. Today the Formula is more about engine power,PU and Chasis and less of driver.

When downforce was by far, the most important thing in the cars we used to say that the driver was less important. Now, being the engine/power unit the most important element, we say the same. There is something I cant understand here.

I think that this engine oriented cars are better to show how good you are, last year some drivers complained that the new cars were more nervous in the back. So the true problem is the that the cars are too slow and the tyres dont allow the drivers to push at 100%. If we change both aspects drivers will be much more important again.

GPR-A duplicate2

giantfan10 wrote: Best driver or not its a bit ridiculous his weekly justification or attempt at justification of his move to mclaren.
Every driver is now mandated to attend to the media contingent and when attending such gathering if a journalist asks him how does he feel about the problems at McLaren, what do you expect him to do?
giantfan10 wrote: this is classic ex girlfriend syndrome ... she breaks up with you and goes on to marry a millionaire and u spend the next few months trying to convince everybody how worthless she really is.
Especially when people ask him what does he feel about the ex-girlfriend now looking second rate after having been pathetic in the past, does he feel jealous?
giantfan10 wrote: Alonso would be better served taking the high road and getting on with the disaster he is a part of at Mclaren...
he is obviously entitled to his opinion and some agree with him and some dont... thats life
i cant help my reaction every time i read about him trying to justify his move weekly ... my honest reaction has been "dude just shut up and get on with the team you're with"
Yes he should stop, provided Journalists stop asking him the questions again and again.

Manoah2u

giantfan10 wrote:my honest reaction has been "dude just shut up and get on with the team you're with"
he's actually doing that, unlike you, who is using every available opportunity to downtalk anything mclaren,
whether that's the team, the engine, or the drivers. daily. constantly.

so regarding 'dude just shut up'.....how about starting with that man in the mirror
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"