Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Phil

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Oh dear... I mean, to be fair, it was a very strong win, if slightly exaggerated due to Hamilton being right in traffic and Rosberg being nowhere, but where I do see Ferrari being very strong is that Mercedes will keep their drivers level, given both the opportunity to win or hold each other up whereas Ferrari can (and will) put their focus entirely to Vettel, as Kimi just hasn't proven to be up there, either by bad luck, lack of motivation, or simply uncomfortable or other reasons. With the point gap that is already present, they can focus on Vettel. That can be dangerous depending on what the gaps are.

Hungary was an eye opener: Rosberg was simply lost until Hamilton was right on his tail and the gap to the Ferrari gave him some belief that he could win the GP which immediately translated into stronger pace (maybe the mediums helped too). It's going to be interesting indeed. If Rosberg and Hamilton go at it full blast, they might cause quite a headache if Ferrari can close that gap a little bit more. I'm still amazed at their start / launch of the line. Qualifying - well, they're still quite a way off.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

giantfan10
giantfan10

if you read the article you would see that vettel said no such thing....here are the key quotes:

Suggested to Vettel it will be 'game on' once the season resumes in Belgium in a few weeks' time, he replied: "It has always been.
"We know we have to remain realistic, that there is still a lot of work to do and a lot of catching up to do.
"You never know. I'm sure we will try absolutely everything, and try to make the impossible possible.

f1316
f1316

giantfan10 wrote:if you read the article you would see that vettel said no such thing....here are the key quotes:

Suggested to Vettel it will be 'game on' once the season resumes in Belgium in a few weeks' time, he replied: "It has always been.
"We know we have to remain realistic, that there is still a lot of work to do and a lot of catching up to do.
"You never know. I'm sure we will try absolutely everything, and try to make the impossible possible.
Was going to say exactly the same. They asked him if it was game on and he basically said you never know. Certainly not the same thing.

mcalex
mcalex

How come Fernando didn't win in Hungary ... a track where chassis is more important than power ...

giantfan10
giantfan10

mcalex wrote:How come Fernando didn't win in Hungary ... a track where chassis is more important than power ...
well according to Honda the chassis is not so good:

"[The car has] not so good mechanical grip, or aero, compared with Red Bull there is still a big gap," Arai added.
"We have checked the GPS data; the chassis and aero package needs time and fine-tuning, such as wing angle, ride heights, suspension settings."

ME4ME

Schuttelberg wrote:the sport could do with two ace drivers (Alonso & Vettel) in two legendary teams (Ferrari & McLaren) challenge the might of Mercedes and Hamilton for race wins and championships.
Amen to that! How great would it be to see these guys fully backed by their own team respectively fighting for the championship next year 8)

The funny thing is neither of them are with the team one would by default associate them with. That would be HAM at Mclaren, ALO at Ferrari and VET at, well i guess Mercedes cause he's German. All the time people go; wonder what Alonso would have done at Ferrari this year? But equally it could be said, what would Vettel have done at Mercedes of Hamilton at Mclaren. I like how it's all somehow mixed up a bit :)

GPR-A duplicate2

ME4ME wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:the sport could do with two ace drivers (Alonso & Vettel) in two legendary teams (Ferrari & McLaren) challenge the might of Mercedes and Hamilton for race wins and championships.
Amen to that! How great would it be to see these guys fully backed by their own team respectively fighting for the championship next year 8)

The funny thing is neither of them are with the team one would by default associate them with. That would be HAM at Mclaren, ALO at Ferrari and VET at, well i guess Mercedes cause he's German. All the time people go; wonder what Alonso would have done at Ferrari this year? But equally it could be said, what would Vettel have done at Mercedes of Hamilton at Mclaren. I like how it's all somehow mixed up a bit :)
+1. Some common sense here, unlike loads of Ferrari this, Ferrari that sort of sh**.

SectorOne

So job done, Kimi the has been is signed for another year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120364
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach
Sevach

I don't see the logic in that.

GPR-A duplicate2

SectorOne wrote:So job done, Kimi the has been is signed for another year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120364
So, it is true then that Verstappen's agents have convinced Ferrari to hold on for one more year and that is why they have continued with Kimi.
Who's the real key to F1's silly season?
Jos realises that he is unlikely to succeed in his quest this year, but that another 12 months could well deliver a break, and manager Raymond Vermeulen is believed to have persuaded Ferrari to hold on.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Sevach wrote:I don't see the logic in that.
I bet Vettel's happy. He's got the measure of Kimi so he knows that next year he probably won't need to look over his shoulder to see if his team mate is there. A "young gun" in the other car means the established driver has to keep one eye across the garage and in his mirrors to make sure he's got the threat covered. Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days - gone are the days of impressive natural speed, sadly. Shame, I always rated Kimi as one of the fastest drivers in his day - I fear he should have stayed away after his stint in rallying.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ME4ME

Just_a_fan wrote:Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days
I disagree. More then ever I feel he enjoys and values his time in F1. He is more mature, has a family now. He has a teammate who is actually his mate.

Today's quote says it all
"What can I say. For me, to be able to stay another year at Ferrari means that the dream goes on," said Raikkonen.

nismo

ME4ME wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days
I disagree. More then ever I feel he enjoys and values his time in F1. He is more mature, has a family now. He has a teammate who is actually his mate.

Today's quote says it all
"What can I say. For me, to be able to stay another year at Ferrari means that the dream goes on," said Raikkonen.
This. x100

LionKing
LionKing

Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days - gone are the days of impressive natural speed, sadly. Shame, I always rated Kimi as one of the fastest drivers in his day - I fear he should have stayed away after his stint in rallying.
I don't think Kimi was one of the fastest drivers ever. Even in his prime he lost the qualifying battle against Massa at Ferrari. Massa was faster over Kimi over one lap but Kimi was a better racer. That is why overall they were very closely matched at Ferrari.

I think overall it is an understandable decision for Ferrari. They would have needed someone to be clear upgrade over Kimi who is also available now. Next year more options like Ricciardo maybe available.

f1316
f1316

GPR-A wrote:
ME4ME wrote:

+1. Some common sense here, unlike loads of Ferrari this, Ferrari that sort of sh**.
Why do you read the Ferrari thread if you don't want to hear 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that'?