Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
giantfan10

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

@f1316 that was the first thought that popped in my head

Just_a_fan

LionKing wrote:
Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days - gone are the days of impressive natural speed, sadly. Shame, I always rated Kimi as one of the fastest drivers in his day - I fear he should have stayed away after his stint in rallying.
I don't think Kimi was one of the fastest drivers ever. Even in his prime he lost the qualifying battle against Massa at Ferrari. Massa was faster over Kimi over one lap but Kimi was a better racer. That is why overall they were very closely matched at Ferrari.
I said I considered him one of the fastest in his day, not fastest ever! I'm thinking about his days in McLaren when he was massively quick and brave and, but for some reliability issues, would have taken the title. His years at Ferrari have seemed to be a bit lacklustre - both times.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Schuttelberg

Is it just me or does anyone else believe that all that 'dream & family" stuff is the Ferrari PR than Raikkonen?

And thanks to ME4ME & GPR-A for appreciating my posts! Always feels good to have good experienced fans appreciate a new comer! :)
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote: Why do you read the Ferrari thread if you don't want to hear 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that'?
giantfan10 wrote:@f1316 that was the first thought that popped in my head
Fundamentally, a team thread is meant for meaningful information about a team and not for loads of BS that idiots post here. That is what irks me. Most importantly, even if this is team thread, this is primarily a technical forum and information should ideally be more or less technically oriented, not ILLOGICAL FANTASY. Is there a rule that ONLY SO CALLED BLIND FANBOYS should only be visiting the team thread?

By the way, nice scratching each others' back, by voting each other, even on irrelevant information like the question that gianfan10 posted above.

f1316

Well nobody upvoted me so that doesn't even make sense.

Obviously no one likes irrational fanboyism but saying you don't like to read 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that' implies you don't want to read about Ferrari; seems odd in a Ferrari thread, no?

It actually seems to me that you have a very strong dislike for the team, for whatever reason, and seem to enjoy disparaging it, so perhaps this is the rationale? Up to you, I suppose, but it's that kind of attitude that detracts from a more reasoned discussion, in my opinion.

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote:Obviously no one likes irrational fanboyism but saying you don't like to read 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that' implies you don't want to read about Ferrari; seems odd in a Ferrari thread, no?
Not liking to read 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that', DOESN'T IMPLY I DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT FERRARI. Correct yourself. I come to this thread in search of enhancing my knowledge, not to read immature people jumping about how FERRARI IS GOING TO BEAT MERCEDES TOMORROW, HOW FERRARI HAS SUDDENLY BECOME CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER and impractical boastings. That is what i mean, 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that', any junk without any rationale around it. There are definitely a lot of sensible, knowledgeable Ferrari fans here, who posts contents worth reading and enhancing knowledge. I don't come here to join and marinate in that mediocrity.
f1316 wrote:It actually seems to me that you have a very strong dislike for the team, for whatever reason, and seem to enjoy disparaging it, so perhaps this is the rationale? Up to you, I suppose, but it's that kind of attitude that detracts from a more reasoned discussion, in my opinion.
Why would you take my STRONG DISLIKE for Ferrari personally? Just ignore me and mind your own business, unless you are Arrivebene or someone like that. I still love Ferrari; my criticism is for the pathetic people who continue to pull Ferrari down with their pathetic job in creating sh** cars, but if you love enjoying AN ALSO RAN FERRARI, enjoy that.

Silent Storm

James Allison on the two wins and the development rate in second half of the season.
James Allison wrote: “I think everyone who works at Ferrari can be justifiably proud of having stepped up from such a low baseline last year and [for] having put a credible car on the grid.
“[But] it’s a long way from where need to be before we can mount a championship campaign, but all of us know that we’ve done a good step forward and the first half of the season has reflected that.”

“We’ll still carry on working on the car but the realities of having to work on the current car and then think about the new car means every team on the grid has a tapering effort on the current car. I think there’s still much more to add, but it is always in all teams more vigorous in the first half of the season.”
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

giantfan10

GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote: Why do you read the Ferrari thread if you don't want to hear 'Ferrari this, Ferrari that'?
giantfan10 wrote:@f1316 that was the first thought that popped in my head
Fundamentally, a team thread is meant for meaningful information about a team and not for loads of BS that idiots post here. That is what irks me. Most importantly, even if this is team thread, this is primarily a technical forum and information should ideally be more or less technically oriented, not ILLOGICAL FANTASY. Is there a rule that ONLY SO CALLED BLIND FANBOYS should only be visiting the team thread?

By the way, nice scratching each others' back, by voting each other, even on irrelevant information like the question that gianfan10 posted above.
i upvoted somebody? news to me . sounds like a bit of illogical fantasy
illogical fantasy isnt evident in every team thread on this forum? Mclaren will catch ferrari at spa? Mercedes is ahead not because of the engine but because of their superior knowledge of aero? you're addressing those illogical fantasies too i hope since you have taken on the role of the voice of reason :lol:
it would be pretty easy to go do a search and pull up some of the "stuff" you have posted.... why bother? just give it a rest dude your comment that F1316 and i commented on warranted our response so stop throwing a hissy fit about it

giantfan10

Just_a_fan wrote:
LionKing wrote:
Kimi seems to be in F1 for the pay cheque these days - gone are the days of impressive natural speed, sadly. Shame, I always rated Kimi as one of the fastest drivers in his day - I fear he should have stayed away after his stint in rallying.
I don't think Kimi was one of the fastest drivers ever. Even in his prime he lost the qualifying battle against Massa at Ferrari. Massa was faster over Kimi over one lap but Kimi was a better racer. That is why overall they were very closely matched at Ferrari.
I said I considered him one of the fastest in his day, not fastest ever! I'm thinking about his days in McLaren when he was massively quick and brave and, but for some reliability issues, would have taken the title. His years at Ferrari have seemed to be a bit lacklustre - both times.
retaining Kimi i think was the right decision for this moment in time
Kimi is taking an awfull lot of blame for mistakes the TEAM made .. go back and look race by race and you will see that the team is responsible for at least half of his substandard finishes due to their questionable quali strategy ERs failure and less than optimum strategy handed to kimi on race day..
has he been at his best? no BUT he is not to blame for all the issues he has had this season

BanMeToo

Schuttelberg wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else believe that all that 'dream & family" stuff is the Ferrari PR than Raikkonen?
Oh no I definitely agree. You didn't hear Raikkonen like that at Lotus.... the Ferrari PR team can write some awful silly (amusing) things it has to be said.

Schuttelberg

giantfan10 wrote: retaining Kimi i think was the right decision for this moment in time
Kimi is taking an awfull lot of blame for mistakes the TEAM made .. go back and look race by race and you will see that the team is responsible for at least half of his substandard finishes due to their questionable quali strategy ERs failure and less than optimum strategy handed to kimi on race day..
has he been at his best? no BUT he is not to blame for all the issues he has had this season
Sorry, but this isn't true at all. Now, we're not talking about a rookie like Sainz or Verstappen here, we're talking about a proven winner and world champion. You expect a certain degree of 'spark' about him. While Ferrari is to take responsibility for some of the issues, I would say 9/10 is Raikkonen's doing. Vettel has also had issues, but apart from Bahrain, he's looked to be on it. Raikkonen plain and simple has been very very underwhelming and apart from Bahrain, he hasn't been able to hold a candle to Vettel.

I personally feel Ferrari has never been the right team for Raikkonen. I can't put my finger on it and completely accept that I might be deluded about it, but he has always seemed to be absolutely lost at Ferrari. His qualifying has always been abysmal at Ferrari and while his first stint at the Scuderia saw him produce some special race drives, even that has been missing in his second stint. Let's hope for the sake of competition he can pick it up in the remainder of the year and a half at least that he has left at Ferrari.

Back to the 2015 subject, in my opinion, based on Raikkonen's performances from 2014-2015 mid, he doesn't deserve a renewal. There is better talent out there, for cheaper. Have Ferrari made the right decision? If they win the WCC, yes. But, if it's Ferrari vs Mercedes in equal cars next year, I think Rosberg will make the difference as far as the WCC is concerned.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Spoutnik

Schuttelberg wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: retaining Kimi i think was the right decision for this moment in time
Sorry, but this isn't true at all. Now, we're not talking about a rookie like Sainz or Verstappen here, we're talking about a proven winner and world champion. You expect a certain degree of 'spark' about him. While Ferrari is to take responsibility for some of the issues, I would say 9/10 is Raikkonen's doing. Vettel has also had issues, but apart from Bahrain, he's looked to be on it. Raikkonen plain and simple has been very very underwhelming and apart from Bahrain, he hasn't been able to hold a candle to Vettel.

I personally feel Ferrari has never been the right team for Raikkonen. I can't put my finger on it and completely accept that I might be deluded about it, but he has always seemed to be absolutely lost at Ferrari. His qualifying has always been abysmal at Ferrari and while his first stint at the Scuderia saw him produce some special race drives, even that has been missing in his second stint. Let's hope for the sake of competition he can pick it up in the remainder of the year and a half at least that he has left at Ferrari.

Back to the 2015 subject, in my opinion, based on Raikkonen's performances from 2014-2015 mid, he doesn't deserve a renewal. There is better talent out there, for cheaper. Have Ferrari made the right decision? If they win the WCC, yes. But, if it's Ferrari vs Mercedes in equal cars next year, I think Rosberg will make the difference as far as the WCC is concerned.
It's quite obvious Ferrari can't win the WCC Constructor with those two drivers, because Mercedes have the best line-up overall. Ferrari let Raikkonen, in spite of many dissapointement, why ? It's not because Kimi is a good guys, because he is the last Ferrari WC. It's only because Vettel have a really good relationship with him, and the board of Ferrari is aware of that. And if Vettel is under pressure, if he need to fight for the number one place he's not at ease, at his best, imagine if he need to fight with a young and motivated driver. And furthermore, those two drivers had the same driving style, that's really useful and efficient to gain some time for the setup and the developpement of the car I believe.

giantfan10

It's quite obvious Ferrari can't win the WCC Constructor with those two drivers, because Mercedes have the best line-up overall. Ferrari let Raikkonen, in spite of many dissapointement, why ? It's not because Kimi is a good guys, because he is the last Ferrari WC. It's only because Vettel have a really good relationship with him, and the board of Ferrari is aware of that. And if Vettel is under pressure, if he need to fight for the number one place he's not at ease, at his best, imagine if he need to fight with a young and motivated driver. And furthermore, those two drivers had the same driving style, that's really useful and efficient to gain some time for the setup and the developpement of the car I believe.[/quote]

aaagh nonsense.... having the best car by a country mile does not equate to having the best 2 drivers as far as mercedes is concerned.
here are the facts about Kimi in 2015
Australian GP.... hit by sainz from Behind then hit by nasr.....game over
Malaysian Gp ... team screwed up holding him in the pits too long at the start of Q2 then the rains came .. ended up starting 11th finished 5th
Chinese gp finished 4th was reeling vettel in safety car for final 3 laps ...
Bahrain GP... second place
Spanish GP... ran old spec aero so ferrari could compare to new spec... finished 5th
Monaco GP.. running 5th punted out of the way by ricciardo finished 6th
Canadian gp running third when he spun blames torque map and the team agrees
Austrian Gp out in Q1 team screwup with when they sent him out with not enough time to do 3 laps then crashed with alonso in the mid pack scrum
British Gp qualified 5th ahead of vettel..... rains came and the team put him on inters too early finished 8th
Hungarian GP running a strong second ERS failure
Canada i will say is Kimi's fault the rest is flat out team screwups and bad luck...

ME4ME

Sebastian Vettel: “It’s obviously nice to come here after the last race and a great result, but we need to keep our feet on the ground. It’s a different circuit, different conditions again, so we’ll try to do our best as usual. Today it was not the best day for us, it was a bit difficult to find the rhythm, but for tomorrow I think we can do a step forward: we have to do so, because we don’t want to be tenth. I’m quite confident that we can tune up the car, because today I was not entirely happy with it: tomorrow it should be a better day.”
Kimi Raikkonen: “The day was not too bad, even if our programme was a bit affected by the red flags, but then it was the same for everybody. In the end we were able to do all the work we had planned. Regarding the tires we had had a little bit of blistering in the front, which obviously was not ideal, but not a disaster either, there are many things we can do for this. Tomorrow we’ll try our best and see what we can do for Sunday.”

LionKing

giantfan10 wrote: aaagh nonsense.... having the best car by a country mile does not equate to having the best 2 drivers as far as mercedes is concerned.
here are the facts about Kimi in 2015
Australian GP.... hit by sainz from Behind then hit by nasr.....game over
Malaysian Gp ... team screwed up holding him in the pits too long at the start of Q2 then the rains came .. ended up starting 11th finished 5th
Chinese gp finished 4th was reeling vettel in safety car for final 3 laps ...
Bahrain GP... second place
Spanish GP... ran old spec aero so ferrari could compare to new spec... finished 5th
Monaco GP.. running 5th punted out of the way by ricciardo finished 6th
Canadian gp running third when he spun blames torque map and the team agrees
Austrian Gp out in Q1 team screwup with when they sent him out with not enough time to do 3 laps then crashed with alonso in the mid pack scrum
British Gp qualified 5th ahead of vettel..... rains came and the team put him on inters too early finished 8th
Hungarian GP running a strong second ERS failure
Canada i will say is Kimi's fault the rest is flat out team screwups and bad luck...
Some of these were Kimi's own doing not the team:

At Spain, Kimi tried the new aero but was not very comfortable with it on Friday and made the choice.
Kimi Raikkonen (4th, 1:27.780): "It was quite a strange day. The position and laptimes were not too bad, but I was not completely happy with the handling of the car. I don't know if it was caused by the wind or by the conditions of the track, but I have been struggling all day. We did not see anything bad with the upgrades we brought here. It's just the feeling that it's not completely right, as if the car was sliding. I feel there's a lot to improve and to gain, in the evening we'll look more into details and see what we can do for the rest of the weekend."

After race:
"...About the choice of going back to the ‘old’ aero package, I think it was good for all of us to be able to compare them on the circuit and I was prepared to run the risk. Maybe it would have been better with the new bits, that is probably the case, but at least now we know about it..."

About Canada I am not sure Ferrari agreed at all. Kimi suggested it maybe engine settings and Arrivabane made a few angry remarks like throwing the podium away after the race. AFAIK we did not hear about it either way since then.

At Austria he spun.

At British GP, team did not put him too early. Kimi was slow in wet conditions and asked for it in team radio after being passed by Vettel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHACYL5aGU