Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zeph

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

Source?

tylerlm97

can it please just be Nov 29th so this can be over already

bauc

Sasha wrote:There is a crazy rumor coming from Salzburg and Tokyo!

There will be a Honda PU in the back of the 2016 RB.

What I heard money talks.....Ron Dennis needs money and RB(needs PU),Mr E(needs RB in the field) and Honda(needs another team for more testing) has alot of money to help him.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121841
Too late for Red Bull 2016 F1 engine deal now says Honda
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Webber2011

What I heard money talks.....Ron Dennis needs money and RB(needs PU),Mr E(needs RB in the field) and Honda(needs another team for more testing) has alot of money to help him.
I'd love for this to be true.

I'm in the camp that thinks Honda will get their act together sooner rather than later, and having another Team onboard can only be a positive.
I'm not sure Ron is struggling for money though considering Honda's supposed investment, or that even Bernie could change his mind, but who knows ?

Crazier things have happened !

Manoah2u

bauc wrote:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121841
Too late for Red Bull 2016 F1 engine deal now says Honda
that would be too hilarious :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bhall II

Simply because it's been far too long since this has graced the forum.

Never forget...

turbof1

Simply because it's been far too long since this has graced the forum.
I'd argue not long enough. Could you wait for the next time? When I am safely buried in my grave would be a good time.
#AeroFrodo

FoxHound

Red Bull have engines, we just don't know which engine or what it'll be called.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/ ... -for-2016?

Sky also seem to think it may be a Renault PU, but....critically, Red Bull will be utilising Ilmor to develop it through the season.
Kudos to "TJ13"(aka the judge) if that's the case.
Speaking to Sky Sports F1 at the Abu Dhabi GP, Horner refused to reveal just who the contract is with, although expectations point to a renewal with Renault - albeit with the team themselves developing the power unit.
JET set

turbof1

We'll see. It clearly states those are the expectations. Neither do we know if they are going their own path it'll Ilmor who will develop the PU.

Yes, I will eat humble pie if this is going to be the case :lol: . I have derived it as nonsense in the past, but I will accept if this happening against my wildest believes.
#AeroFrodo

R_Redding

FoxHound wrote: but....critically, Red Bull will be utilising Ilmor to develop it through the season.
Kudos to "TJ13"(aka the judge) if that's the case.
Renault can use Ilmor .... Red Bull cannot , unless the FIA rewrite the homologation rules.

From Motorsport...
"Abiteboul has also made it clear that there is no scope within F1's regulations for Red Bull to forge its own development path on power units – as has been rumoured in recent weeks.

The FIA's homologation rules are strict and every engine manufacturer can only homologate one type of engine – which rules out a team being given freedom to modify a current power unit.

The governing body has also made clear that simply naming an engine differently does not get around the rule – as only all-new designs will be considered acceptable.

“The regulations are very clear in what they say,” he said. “It is one spec per manufacturer."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau ... gress/?s=1

Rob

FoxHound

Rob,

With respect, that would be a hurdle the FIA and bernie would demolish to keep Red Bull interested.
Besides, Red Bull pay Ilmor, not Renault.
JET set

turbof1

FoxHound wrote:Rob,

With respect, that would be a hurdle the FIA and bernie would demolish to keep Red Bull interested.
Like they did with the alternative engine? :wink:
"Hey guys, how do you feel to adapt the rules so we can keep Red Bull in the game, else you would all move up a slot on column one price money. Let's have a vote... Ok, me and Bernie vote in favour... Red Bull and Toro Rosso votes in favour... Nobody else? Common, really? We got cookies for who votes in favour!"
#AeroFrodo

FoxHound

turbof1 wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Rob,

Like they did with the alternative engine? :wink:
"Hey guys, how do you feel to adapt the rules so we can keep Red Bull in the game, else you would all move up a slot on column one price money. Let's have a vote... Ok, me and Bernie vote in favour... Red Bull and Toro Rosso votes in favour... Nobody else? Common, really? We got cookies for who votes in favour!"
I'd say you are overreacting.

Primarily because a 900bhp alternative engine is vastly superior to anything out there in F1.
That's why it was given short shrift.

Tell me why a Red Bull sponsored, Ilmor tuned Renault is such a massive hurdle that others would object?
JET set

turbof1

I agree I am overly cynical on it. To answer your question however: dozens of millions of prize money, if Red Bull does not compete. Of course, it can also open a can of worms. If Renault is allowed to have in effect 2 seperate development paths, what would stop Ferrari from instance to relabel some of their PUs Alfa Romeo and use that as a separate development path? How about Mercedes involving Chrysler for the same move? Honda and Mugen?
#AeroFrodo

Facts Only

How do you want to send me my £10 Turbo?
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver