Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

Diesel wrote:When Williams fell on hard times, you didn't hear them constantly threatening to quit the sport. You don't hear McLaren complaining this year either? Red Bull are coming of as sore losers, which is not a good look for a company involved in so many different sports.
As a Williams fan it pains me to say this, but the fault was Williams, BMW was giving them the best engine on the grid and Williams was showing up with Aero that was deeply flawed and a Chassis that was average at best. It took Williams years to fix the issues with their wind tunnel and by the time they did they were so far down the order fans like myself wondered if they would even survive. Thankfully they have made a lot of progress in the past few years since Pat Symonds joined.

So basically RedBull are showing up to a gunfight with a knife and the situation isnt comparable to Williams.
"In downforce we trust"

Webber2011
Webber2011

Ok guys, stupid question probably ?

Haven't Red Bull committed to F1 till 2020 or something ?

I know "contracts are made to be broken", but what are the repercussions if they break that ?

Does anyone have the right to fine, or otherwise penalise them in some way ?

djos

Webber2011 wrote:Ok guys, stupid question probably ?

Haven't Red Bull committed to F1 till 2020 or something ?

I know "contracts are made to be broken", but what are the repercussions if they break that ?

Does anyone have the right to fine, or otherwise penalise them in some way ?
Yes but others have made similar commitments in the past and still walked away - frankly I doubt there is much Bernie can do to penalise them.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

So just reading driver comments etc and Ricciardo has said he is running a much lower downforce setup than Kyvat to give himself a chance to overtake during the race - should make things interesting.
"In downforce we trust"

Webber2011
Webber2011

djos wrote:So just reading driver comments etc and Ricciardo has said he is running a much lower downforce setup than Kyvat to give himself a chance to overtake during the race - should make things interesting.
I'm a bit of an expert on this track, (In games lol).

Always went well with a low downforce configuration, and it was generally fast due to the couple of long straights.
Once you brake over the hill for turn 3 it's all to do with the front end though, because you are heading down hill, and you have to be very careful not to over drive.

If Dan has indeed taken this route, then he would in theory smash a few of his rivals on the straights.
I fear he won't have the power to do this though unfortunately :(

FoxHound

Cold Fussion wrote: If Red Bull wanted to they could they could reduce the grid to 16 cars, they are not obligated to sell their teams and could redirect them to other projects like WEC if they so wanted to do.
You stated I was out of my mind for thinking RB needs f1 more than F1 needs RB.
Now you are proposing WEC for 2 full blown F1 teams?
That's madness.

Torro Rosso is up for sale. Marko has said as much, and Red bull racing/technology would be up for sale if they eventually decided to leave.
It's simple, in F1 Red bulls factory is worth 100s of millions as a going concern.
Outside of F1 it's a pointless white elephant worth less than half its value for uses such as WEC.

And if WEC was an avenue, they would pay Audi to paint their cars....lest we forget... Red Bull don't build engines!

So clearly Red Bull lose more than F1, they lose money and any credibility left..F1 would have Haas come in next year, and a rebranding of Torro Rosso. Pretty much as you were with 1 less midfield team and 1 more back marker team.
JET set

Juzh

FoxHound wrote:Pretty much as you were with 1 less midfield team and 1 more back marker team.
And the field was sooo epic with all those moving chicanes years ago :lol: give me a break. Without shadow of doubt I'd take a single team like RB over a million HRTs, caterhams, marrusias...

Writinglife
Writinglife

In my opinion, Red Bull have done a lot of good for the sport, but they are in serious danger of ruining it with this "toys out of the pram" behaviour from their management. Every other team that's been in this sport for any length of time have had dry spells, sometimes for years, yet they haven't displayed the kind of petulance that RB have been displaying. Ever since last season, when they realised they weren't top anymore, they have been stomping about the paddock like angry children who weren't getting their own way. Horner seems like he's caught between a rock and a hard place, with his management chain setting ultimatums that he knows aren't realistic. I think he knows the way out of this is to swallow the hard times until they come good again, but he may well be looking for a new job before long.

FoxHound

Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Pretty much as you were with 1 less midfield team and 1 more back marker team.
And the field was sooo epic with all those moving chicanes years ago :lol: give me a break. Without shadow of doubt I'd take a single team like RB over a million HRTs, caterhams, marrusias...
A team that denigrates the entire sport and it's competitors(accusing Mercedes and Ferrari of collusion)?
http://thejudge13.com/2015/04/23/marko- ... collusion/
Do you actually love RB more than F1? :lol:

Give me a team that competes in the sport without blaming the rules, the competition or their suppliers for their plight.
JET set

tylerlm97
tylerlm97

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ll-engines

So with that being said... Could we see a red bull Ferrari

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

tylerlm97 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ll-engines

So with that being said... Could we see a red bull Ferrari
I doubt that will happen. http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... ri-engines
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

domh245
domh245

There are rumours that Horner's Job is in danger of being given to Berger. I suppose one of the benefits of Horner being out of a job would be him likely finding his way to the BBC F1 team and replacing Eddie Jordan!

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12475 ... sack-claim

djos

Why would DM replace a proven leader in Horner? Horner built that team into a championship winning team and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten how to keep winning!
"In downforce we trust"

lio007

Hope everybody cooled down a little bit now in both camps...and Renault and RBR are working together and not against each other. At least some encouraging developments...but nevertheless still a long way to go.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... s/?v=2&s=1

bhall II
bhall II

f1i.com wrote:[...]

“I can’t see us being able to win a race this year,” Newey told F1i. “Not without one of those freak luck things.”

And Newey says the lack of success is as much down to the RB11 not being as strong as its predecessor as it is due to a lack of performance from the Renault power unit.

“I think in fairness this year hasn’t been as strong as Mercedes and Ferrari. But there’s been various regulation changes which have happened over the last 12 months which have meant the aerodynamic route we have taken prior to that we’ve had to revise and look at a different direction, which obviously takes time.

“There’s no point in crying about it, it’s just one of those things. So we’re still in the process of doing that. Some of that work has been gradually going on the car through this season and if you look at [Silverstone] it seems to be going in the right direction.”
Everyone should struggle from time to time. It builds character.