Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Phil

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

FoxHound wrote:Is Q3 the fastest guise of the car for the weekend? Yes.

Why is this a valid excuse only for Red Bull? Are you suggesting Red Bull compromised their qualifying to have better race pace?
If so, what is to say no other competition did the same or to a higher extent? This is the Hungaroring, chassis/aero are brought to the fore. Unless this now too is up for discussion?
I felt I needed to mention that, because the performance in qualifying has a direct correlation to the set-up that is chosen in regards to the race. Essentially; If RedBull are slightly compromising downforce as a means to shed some drag to make them less vulnerable on the straights, this would also influence their overall qualifying performance (the potential of the car in that specific configuration). Other teams (especially those with Mercedes power) would need less of such a compromise because they are less vulnerable on the straights due to the PU already.
Foxhound wrote:.I have mentioned at least 20 times Renault are behind. I have yet to see much in the way of acknowledging Red Bull's aero/chassis has a deficit to the top teams.
So if we agree that there is a power-deficit; how can you not see that the team must also be running a higher trade-off to minimalize the effect that the power deficit imposes? It seems to me, you're simply basing your view point on the premise that all teams must be running the highest downforce setting possible (because Hungary is a downforce circuit) with no regard to straight line performance and thus can judge each car on a level playing field in regards to downforce. It isn't that simple.
FoxHound wrote:Face it, you are biasing this toward Red Bull's chassis/aero with not so much as a shred of evidence. Historically, Red Bull ace qualifying...explain that one... :mrgreen:
We're just going at the argument from two different angles. You are looking at the effect and trying to argue on an evidence point of view, while ignoring the elephant in the room (the power deficit). I'm not ignoring it and finding reasons how and where that power deficit has an influence on the actual performance of the car and what the teams might do in regards to set-up to tackle it. Essentially saying that looking at sector times and declaring one chassis to be better than the other to be a bit simplistic because we are forgetting the 'handicap' (the trade-off in set-up) they are running because of the power deficit.
Foxhound wrote:You are better than this mate, at least I hope so. Saving Hamilton literally getting out the car to push that W06 faster, it's always the bloody car that does the job. You really need to get this before we can continue further.
Of course I am. I never intended to imply that Hamilton outperformed his W06. That'd be rather silly. My point was rather that perhaps Hamilton got closer to the maximum potential of his car, than perhaps Ricciardo did, at least in regards to that specific sector. It wouldn't be that far fetched really. The W06 is probably a bit easier to drive (higher confidence) than a RedBull that has been going through many changes with every race. It's no different to the RedBull era when Seb used to stick pole after pole and make it look so easy, while Hamilton in a clearly inferior McLaren drove the socks off that thing to in the end not even come close.

Maybe the sector is just less representative because the drivability in that Redbull isn't that good (the slow corners where mechanical grip, traction and drivability is key). There could be many reasons. Maybe he made a small error, missed the apex? I mean, why are we only focusing on S3 anyway? In S2, the downforce bit, Ricciardo was just over 1 tenth off the fastest sector by Lewis. Doesn't this already say quite a bit?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

R_Redding
R_Redding

ME4ME

Sources in Russia say Kvyat will spend up to 20 minutes with his parents after which he will be reminded that if he continues to bring great F1 glory to Russia, he will be allowed to see them again and perhaps even speak to them
if he performs well in October’s Russian Grand Prix, he can have some bits of his dog back.
That has me totally confused. Whats the story of his parents and dog? :shock:

Edit: from wiki:
Kvyat currently lives with his family in Rome, Italy.

djos

ME4ME wrote:
Sources in Russia say Kvyat will spend up to 20 minutes with his parents after which he will be reminded that if he continues to bring great F1 glory to Russia, he will be allowed to see them again and perhaps even speak to them
if he performs well in October’s Russian Grand Prix, he can have some bits of his dog back.
That has me totally confused. Whats the story of his parents and dog? :shock:

Edit: from wiki:
Kvyat currently lives with his family in Rome, Italy.
It's clearly a joke harking back to the days of stalinist regimes threatening individuals families as a means of "motivation".
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

The word is that the team was talking to Porsche about a customer deal (similar to the TAG engine deal that McLaren did back in the 1980s) but that seems to be stuck at the moment over who would own what IP.
Joe Saward

Schuttelberg

So, what happens to RB if Renault buy Lotus out? By Ron Dennis' logic, they're doomed.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

bhall II
bhall II

Schuttelberg wrote:So, what happens to RB if Renault buy Lotus out? By Ron Dennis' logic, they're doomed.
F1T wrote:Renault's F1 chief Abiteboul targets a decision [with regard to the company's long-term plans] in September and insists that Renault will supply Red Bull and its sister team Toro Rosso in the coming year.

"We will honour our contract with Red Bull and Toro Rosso in 2016, as they are two fantastic and very demanding teams. Then we will evaluate the various options.”
Translation: "We don't intend to release Red Bull from its contractual obligations in 2016. Unfortunately [ :wink: :wink: ], it's not likely that we'll be able to deliver a competitive power unit before we take control of Lotus in 2017 [ :wink: :wink: ]."

In essence: Dear Christian, Helmut, and Didi,

Sincerely,
Your friends at Renault

Schuttelberg

It's looking more and more to me that all the bashing of Renault by Red Bull is going to leave them looking quite stupid after all. From the tune of 'We want Audi/Aston Marting to come in' to saying 'We are the premiere Renault team and they are obligated to give us the best engines.'

Somehow, I feel that Red Bull underestimated the fact that Renault could ask them to stuff it and look for other pastures. I just don't see Renault supplying to Red Bull in 2017. Not while Horner/Marko are there. Mercedes is an option but I don't think they're winning championships ahead of the factory team. Honda? Ferrari? Same logic as per Mercedes.

Red Bull are in some serious serious trouble.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

ME4ME

Schuttelberg wrote:Red Bull are in some serious serious trouble.
That's obvious, but it can't get much worse than the incompetence Renault has shown over the last 18 months.
I think Red Bull will be happy to separate with them at the end of next year. Surely alternatives will arise.

Schuttelberg

ME4ME wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:Red Bull are in some serious serious trouble.
That's obvious, but it can't get much worse than the incompetence Renault has shown over the last 18 months.
I think Red Bull will be happy to separate with them at the end of next year. Surely alternatives will arise.
Perhaps they could have been a bit well mannered and instead of throwing the toys out of the pram, worked harder with Renault. No one is denying that Renault could have done a better job. Red Bull are investing a lot of money in the F1 program and can rightly ask Renault to do better as their main supplier. But, you can do all this behind closed doors like adults. Red Bull chose to put the blame squarely on them. It's not great team spirit. It's not like Renault had no role to play in their 4 championships.

Very arrogant from Red Bull. Alternatives will arise, but it won't spring board Red Bull back at the sharp end. They will have to either look for the backing of a new manufacturer and start from scratch or settle being a customer team which isn't exactly the best seat in the house in this era. The smarter and more 'moral' thing to do would have been to back and support Renault.

djos

RedBull aren't the ones being arrogant gits, Renault are, despite screwing up their engine completely they are refusing to use Mario's engine design ... He's only the Adrian Newey of the engine world, what would he know right?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau ... pe-option/

RedBull may have made some mistakes initially with the RB11, however at least they've actually knuckled down and got their chassis competitive.
"In downforce we trust"

Glyn
Glyn

djos wrote:RedBull aren't the ones being arrogant gits, Renault are, despite screwing up their engine completely they are refusing to use Mario's engine design ... He's only the Adrian Newey of the engine world, what would he know right?

RedBull may have made some mistakes initially with the RB11, however at least they've actually knuckled down and got their chassis competitive.
It's basically saying to RedBull..... F.U

djos

Glyn wrote:
djos wrote:RedBull aren't the ones being arrogant gits, Renault are, despite screwing up their engine completely they are refusing to use Mario's engine design ... He's only the Adrian Newey of the engine world, what would he know right?

It's basically saying to RedBull..... F.U
If Renault do buy their old team back, chances are they'll just be another upper mid-field team even if they do sort their engine out.

RedBull AIUI developed most of the ERS systems, so they could easily go to another OEM and jointly write Ilmor a big check to develop a competitive engine package.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

Red Bull teams budget is 467 million euros!!!!!

WTH

With a budget that large I wonder what is preventing them from using a small portion to develop their own engine. They could even sell the badging rights year on year to some manufacturer i.e GM, Ford, Toyota etc.

Juzh

Toto Wolf outright admits they're scared shitless of red bull running an engine of equal footing and as a result probably won't supply them with their PUs. It's the same story back from 2009 repeating itself all over:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/08/w ... nt-3546081

expected.