Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

If believable, here is a very positive news for Red Bull. The grin on Ricciardo's face could get even bigger. :)
After AUTO BILD MOTORSPORT and F1-insider.com had reported yesterday exclusively through the green light of the Daimler Board of Management for the supply of Mercedes engines to Red Bull, now also the BILD newspaper has discovered the topic for themselves.

​​The biggest loser in the Red Bull Mercedes deal could be in 2016 Sebastian Vettel (28).
Red Bull-Mercedes deal bad for Vettel?

ME4ME

Now that's very very interesting if true. So basically they say Red Bull will terminate their contract with Renault on the grounds of Renault having broken their premium agreement by looking to get a team of their own. Mercedes meanwhile having decided there is more to gain then to lose cause if Red Bull wins, that's a Merc win. If Mercedes wins, they look even better, and while battling for those wins, they make F1 look better. Bring it on! :)

djos

Interesting, even better for Mercedes if the team becomes known as "Mercedes RedBull racing" instead of "infiniti RedBull racing".
"In downforce we trust"

GPR-A duplicate2

djos wrote:Interesting, even better for Mercedes if the team becomes known as "Mercedes RedBull racing" instead of "infiniti RedBull racing".
"Infiniti" is title sponsor and any name that appears before the team name is of title sponsor's. The engine supplier's name figures after the team name. So, essentially, it would be, "if happens", "<Title Sponsor> Red Bull Mercedes", just like it was "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes", now "Martini Williams Mercedes".

djos

Yep I'm just speculating that Mercedes hq would want to ensure recognition of who is powering rbr and possibly like having a second branded team to prevent Ferrari from taking and glory.

Pure speculation I know.
"In downforce we trust"

Phil

I think that would be dangerous territory. The sport lives off competition. I don't think Mercedes has any reason to do anything in regards to Ferrari - it wouldn't matter to them if it's RedBull or Ferrari that is giving them a run for the championship, as long as they are being challenged to some degree. It's not fun when you are 'dominating' and the sport is full of criticism because of it, or crying foul play.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Cold Fussion

Isn't Red Bull contracted to Renault until at least the end of 2016?

djos

Cold Fussion wrote:Isn't Red Bull contracted to Renault until at least the end of 2016?
I'm guessing the lawyers have a performance clause they can drive a bus thru if need be.
"In downforce we trust"

FoxHound

@TobiaGruner (AMuS reporter) has just tweeted that Red Bull have moved to terminate their 2016 engine contract with Renault.
Suggesting a deal is in the works with Mercedes....bleating gets you everywhere it seems.

However in a twist, Renault have refused the termination! :lol:

JET set

Gaz.

FoxHound wrote:@TobiaGruner (AMuS reporter) has just tweeted that Red Bull have moved to terminate their 2016 engine contract with Renault.
Suggesting a deal is in the works with Mercedes....bleating gets you everywhere it seems.

However in a twist, Renault have refused the termination! :lol:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... opcorn.gif
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... ation-talk

I'm assuming the partnership won't continue into 2017 either way.
Forza Jules

iotar__

djos wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:Isn't Red Bull contracted to Renault until at least the end of 2016?
I'm guessing the lawyers have a performance clause they can drive a bus thru if need be.
I doubt it: both the reason and legal strength. I think it might be more about Renault's own team and guaranteed preferential treatment for Red Bull whatever it means. It's weird because the lie they were all selling was that engines are exactly the same, homologated and you don't lose anything from being a customer that pays for engines and support. I bet the engines Lotus got for in-season test last season that quickly exploded were the same as Red Bull's =P~ Maybe that's what worries them.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120431 The plot thickens:
"The Mercedes executive management board is believed to be split regarding a tie-up, while it is understood Williams has a premium customer contract with Mercedes, which could impact any deal with Red Bull."
So there are different customer groups, like premium and sh... or rather not premium? The more you know... What else does the "premium" customer deal mean, from one side it includes wasting testing time for Wolff's wife but what about the other?

iotar__

I was wrong and it's about performance or so one side says. There's some vague info here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/08/a ... gine-deal/
There have been suggestions that the Austrian-owned team has already served notice of intent to break its contract, which was due to expire at the end of 2016. Renault has apparently contested the grounds for the termination, which is based on Renault not meeting performance targets.
It is not clear how those targets are specified in the contract, but it is understood not to be based on figures but on relative performance to other power units in the field.
Wouldn't they need other engines' precise measurements for that? What about Red Bull's involvement and co-responsibility? So when they were announcing closer cooperation and other changes it meant nothing and it's all Renault's fault? They deserve each other. I hope it goes to court: your honour exhibit 12a Mercedes engine (points at an engine, crowd goes "whooo", judge shouts "silence!") clearly shows that my client Red Bull racing [-o< ...

ME4ME

Was checking the championship standings..

Williams: 161
Red Bull: 108

However since Britain Red Bull have outscored Williams 53 to 32 (which includes the tire mix-up for Bottas but also 2 DNF's for Ricciardo). What do you guys think, any chance for them to take 3rd place in the WCC this year? I think it's possible.

djos

Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

If suggest Monza will favor Williams point wise but for the rest of the season I'd suggest the superior aero of the rb11 should be enuf to catch and possibly pass Williams assuming no more pu penalties.
"In downforce we trust"

Juzh

Dont forget sochi. And brazil for that matter.