Williams Martini Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hail22

Re: Williams Martini Racing 2015

What's annoying is no announcement has been made yet, so perhaps Valteri may still race *fingers crossed*
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

efuloni

I might be wrong, but does Susie has a superlicense and can't get one with the new rules. If she doesn't, we must hope its nothing serious with Bottas, otherwise who will they put to run in the next race?

EDIT: yes, it seems she hasn't and can't have one:http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -criteria/

Hail22

Bottas was a no show for the yearly Formula 1 drivers press photo shoot today which could be a sign he will not be racing today :(

Update and official post by Williams F1:
https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/stat ... 1393744896
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

nacho

I wonder who will replace Bottas. Having myself suffered a herniated disc that took months to recoved I don't think he will be racing soon.

Out of possibly available ones I'd try Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Sutil. I think Vergne and Gutierrez aren't available.

Starscreamer

nacho wrote:I wonder who will replace Bottas. Having myself suffered a herniated disc that took months to recoved I don't think he will be racing soon.

Out of possibly available ones I'd try Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Sutil. I think Vergne and Gutierrez aren't available.
Frijns available and a big talent
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

ChrisF1

Starscreamer wrote:
nacho wrote:I wonder who will replace Bottas. Having myself suffered a herniated disc that took months to recoved I don't think he will be racing soon.

putting your nationality aside, why would they look at a rookie who isn't doing top line driving?

efuloni

If they call a rookie, would be Lynn, who's already with the team. Vergne isn't available, I think. He would be the best option, I guess.

So who?
Kova? Sutil? Koba [-o< ...? Heidfeld?

Sniffit

Or go with someone that's already with the team and have driven the car?

Would make a lot more sense from a marketing pov then going with a rookie. Although I doubt Bottas will miss another GP.

Starscreamer

ChrisF1 wrote:
Starscreamer wrote:

putting your nationality aside, why would they look at a rookie who isn't doing top line driving?
Champion Formula Renault 3.5 Series 2012 (Bianchi 2nd!)

Other results http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Frij ... er_summary
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

efuloni

Sniffit wrote:Or go with someone that's already with the team and have driven the car?

Would make a lot more sense from a marketing pov then going with a rookie. Although I doubt Bottas will miss another GP.
If you mean Wolff, she does not have a Superlicense and cant get one, as i posted earlier.

nacho

With the fight with Ferrari I don't think they can afford any marketing stunts.

efuloni

If Bottas cant race, and thats a HUGE if, they would certanly search for an experienced driver in a fine moment of his career. This might sound obvious, but my point is that Williams wouldnt look for marketing or to promote any young driver's career neither. They would try to score the most points, only.

So I also dont think they would put a rookie, unless theyre out of options.

Sniffit

efuloni wrote:
Sniffit wrote:Or go with someone that's already with the team and have driven the car?

If you mean Wolff, she does not have a Superlicense and cant get one, as i posted earlier.
It is a bit naive to believe that such a regulation would stand in the way of her getting a super license. There are always exceptions to the rule.

lkm9719

please give Susie a chance to see her on track to prove that she is good for racing, and make more marketing as female on F1

Jaybyrd767

She doesn't have a good record in racing since karting.
No wins, no poles no fastest laps. Sheesh does chilton have a better record? Her record isn't any better than that girl Lotus are marketing now!