Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

this doesn't sound very good, but when it comes to news bild isn't very accurate or reliable. i've to admit i don't know it is with sports.
a little bit off topic: why is lopez so uncomfourtable? is it becouse he wants more money for the smaller teams or is there something else going on?

multisync

skoop wrote:this doesn't sound very good, but when it comes to news bild isn't very accurate or reliable. i've to admit i don't know it is with sports.
The car was initially delayed due to outside influences. I predicted this back in early December
Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:59 pm

The worry lies with the car itself which has a major problem and it's looking tight for Jerez
At the time they had hoped to make it but obviously that didn't happen. Now they do have serious financial constraints which has caused further delays but they are still hiring staff and remain convinced that funds will be available within a week or so.

On the positive side they do have a habit of finding money from somewhere so fingers crossed they can do it again..(somehow)

WaikeCU

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sirot ... ce-report/

Sirotkin is going to be FI's test driver, but there's an issue with his sponsor money. The reason FI isn't going to Jerez is because Sirotkin's money hasn't been deposited yet. By not going to Jerez, they save 500.000 euros. At the moment it's 90% sure they will be at Barcelona.

Sounds very troublesome times ahead tbh.

Would be a huge letdown for Hulkenberg imo, because he seriously deserves a better drive than this.

Blanchimont

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 13011.html

According to this article, the test at Barcelona and even participating in the 2015 races is in question. It is claimed that there are 15m pounds missing in the budget for this season. Let's hope this turns out not to be true!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

multisync

WaikeCU wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sirot ... ce-report/

Sirotkin is going to be FI's test driver, but there's an issue with his sponsor money. The reason FI isn't going to Jerez is because Sirotkin's money hasn't been deposited yet. By not going to Jerez, they save 500.000 euros. At the moment it's 90% sure they will be at Barcelona.

Would be a huge letdown for Hulkenberg imo, because he seriously deserves a better drive than this.
It's also bollox.

As I say I predicted they were not likely to make Jerez in December because there was an issue with the car and when they don't a new unrelated reason suddenly appears...

As it stands they don't have a car built yet that's why they won't be there. The tub hasn't even been crash tested yet ... :roll:

Alexgtt

multisync wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sirot ... ce-report/

It's also bollox.

As I say I predicted they were not likely to make Jerez in December because there was an issue with the car and when they don't a new unrelated reason suddenly appears...

As it stands they don't have a car built yet that's why they won't be there. The tub hasn't even been crash tested yet ... :roll:
Oh dear. :( Very sad about all this. Hope they pull something together. No car built and no crash test at this stage is a very bad position.

Manoah2u

could they actually run the 2014 car with an updated nosecone?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Alexgtt

Difficult but possible. There might be alterations to the Merc engine spec. They could even have to run 2014 spec engine. Would they even have funds to develop a compliant nose to go on the 2014 chassis? If they can't afford to even run a car in testing, 2014 or 15, whats the point? If funds arrive they run 2015 car or nothing if not.

Manoah2u

well, assuming they haven't got a 2015 car at all, that is.

perhaps in a last-minute deal something salvages and they can run for 2015, but they'll have to run a 2014 spec car,
if it all is true.

There are some serious questions here, though.

if you flip the coin however:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501298804 ... l-collapse

Force India denies rumours of financial collapse

Force India has denied reports it is now just the latest F1 team fighting for mere survival.

The Silverstone based team took on and almost beat the British grandee McLaren in 2014, but it will begin the new season by sitting out the first winter test at Jerez.

It has triggered speculation Force India, whose co-owners Vijay Mallya and Subrata Roy are suffering well-documented off-track troubles, is on the verge of insolvency.

Indeed, the highly-respected German publication Auto Motor und Sport on Thursday repeated rumours of Force India falling so behind in bills to key suppliers - such as one that provides the all-important carbon fibre - that it is the reason for the delayed debut of the VJM08.

But chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer insists the delay is more about the move from the team's own wind tunnel to the state-of-the-art Toyota facility in Cologne.

"We want to see some of the results flowing into the car for the Barcelona test," he said.

Szafnauer said he is "90 per cent" certain Force India's 2015 car will be fully up and running for that second test, beginning on 19 February.

He said sitting out Jerez altogether is "saving us 500,000 pounds. The engine and transmission tests, Mercedes can do for us. So we wouldn't be learning too much," Szafnauer insisted.

And he hit back at the reports of financial doom for Force India.

"We employ 380 people and they all get their salaries on time," Szafnauer said. "We have just presented new sponsors and if things were really bad we wouldn't have gone to Mexico to introduce the team.

"I can say 'We are still alive'. And everything is going according to plan."
the red part is something frightening if you look at it.

However, about going to Mexico to introduce the new team with the new car makes a valid point.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

ME4ME

It wouldn't surpice me at all if Force India got some old bills to pay, but it don't think they are in real danger at the moment. Sure it's tough being a mid-field F1 team, but on the sponsor side they're doing great. Telmex/Telcel, Claro, NEC all joining Force India this year, and the mexican connection they have, probably guarantees the teams financial health for atleast this season.

frosty125

Hopefully they will be, ok 13 months ago I spoke to someone who works at a company that provided major components to the Lotus team they had actually stopped work on the then new components for 2014 team because the cheques had bounced that many times. They survived for now.

Blanchimont

Pretty much the same story here http://f1-insider.com/formel-1-verpasst ... isonstart/ . This insider seems to be the original source of the previous articles.

The article claims that EPM, the monocoque manufacturer for Force India, did produce but not deliver the monocoque for 2015 as some bills weren't paid. Total debts are said to be around 50m €. Wages aren't paid currently for the FI staff and the lack of money makes it unlikely that the team will be at Melbourne.

I hope this is not true...
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

multisync

Blanchimont wrote:Pretty much the same story here http://f1-insider.com/formel-1-verpasst ... isonstart/ . This insider seems to be the original source of the previous articles.

The article claims that EPM, the monocoque manufacturer for Force India, did produce but not deliver the monocoque for 2015 as some bills weren't paid. Total debts are said to be around 50m €. Wages aren't paid currently for the FI staff and the lack of money makes it unlikely that the team will be at Melbourne.

I hope this is not true...
That is in direct conflict to what I was told.??

Manoah2u

that's what i thought, too.

frosty125

It was EPM who I was referring to in my early post regarding the Lotus and the major component was the chassis. I imagine they are probably getting a bit annoyed about not being paid between Lotus and FI.