Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1NAC

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

what the hell happened with that team radio? :shock:

How can they be on warmup lap and timed aswell??

Cold Fussion

He's telling him to push because they're taking more than one lap to get the tyres in the operating window.

F1NAC

I know that but screaming like that and telling him that he is in timed lap while he is warming his tires is confusing

OneAlex

Would the engineer have told him to "shut up" etc (and Hulk not know it was a timed lap) because it in fact wasn't but the team didn't want to have to yield the position and get stuck behind another car in any way?

It just seems odd that a) Nico wouldn't know at the start of the lap what was happening and b) the engineer was so short tempered (rude) with him.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Racer X

No I agree OneAlex the engineer was rude but perhaps it is what you have a good point about yielding track position. Still he could have been nicer about the way he said thing's.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NAPI10

This article gives a better insight into the whole Aston Martin story-
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...p-force-india/

iotar__

NAPI10 wrote:This article gives a better insight into the whole Aston Martin story-
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...p-force-india/
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015/10 ... rce-india/ Another example that shows that many would like to invest in an F1 team if the sport was more affordable and there was some return from investment instead of predetermined sporting and financial results. That is the real F1 crisis and not Red Bull being stupid with engines and Renault.

I never understood the obsession with quota of teams, who really cared what Caterham or Marussia were doing, especially now that the latter runs last year's car and competes with air and 107% rule. It's the quality of teams (mid-field) and the chance for getting better and challenging others that matters. Force India is the only team that made the jump from back-marker and for that and running no BS operation they should be cherished.

Let's ignore bankrupting Mallya's companies and people going out of business at the end of the chain ;-) and stick to F1. Instead they sill can't afford 60% wind tunnel model (imagine that, even after Toyota move), their own facilities and are killed financially and with every penalty. I hope this deal goes through.

rahulsampath

I really hope the Force India name stays.
After a tumultuous Midland & Spykar era, this name has been synonymous to taking the fight to the Big boys and punching above their weight. After so much speculation of financial crisis they have managed to keep afloat.

After a solid 8 years of transforming itself from a backmarker to strong midfield team, this name deserves to stay in F1 to become another legend like Williams.

GPR-A duplicate2

The one thing that Vijay Mallya's decision making that I am happy with is that, although he did chose drivers that bring money, but he never compromised on the quality of the drivers. Someone like Nico Hulkenberg doesn't really bring a lot of money like Maldonado, but still gets to drive with FI. Now Cheko has really improved compared to his stint with McLaren.

Overall, FI has always punched above their weight. With good budget, I am sure they can be one of the big boys. If Aston Martin is really serious about making a name in F1, they should put good money in the operations and pull some top class engineers.

Finally, I strongly believe that having Vijay Mallya on board and be key part of the operations is definitely going to help them. Although he is not from any technical background, he has a lot of passion for sports and does makes good decisions in the teams that he owns in different fields. He really belongs to the category of Frank Williams and Peter Sauber in terms of having genuine love for the sport.

Whether the name "Force India" remains or not, I would always support the team. They deserve better financial atmosphere.

WaikeCU

GPR-A wrote:The one thing that Vijay Mallya's decision making that I am happy with is that, although he did chose drivers that bring money, but he never compromised on the quality of the drivers. Someone like Nico Hulkenberg doesn't really bring a lot of money like Maldonado, but still gets to drive with FI. Now Cheko has really improved compared to his stint with McLaren.

Overall, FI has always punched above their weight. With good budget, I am sure they can be one of the big boys. If Aston Martin is really serious about making a name in F1, they should put good money in the operations and pull some top class engineers.

Finally, I strongly believe that having Vijay Mallya on board and be key part of the operations is definitely going to help them. Although he is not from any technical background, he has a lot of passion for sports and does makes good decisions in the teams that he owns in different fields. He really belongs to the category of Frank Williams and Peter Sauber in terms of having genuine love for the sport.

Whether the name "Force India" remains or not, I would always support the team. They deserve better financial atmosphere.
second that! Considering their financial situation and the car they have built, they have done a tremendous job. They finish constantly in the points and both drivers are making the car work beyond its potential. Imagine if they were financially stronger, they would've certainly fought with Wiiliams, Red Bull and who knows Ferrari. Kudos for FI!

ME4ME

I agree, the name of the team is far less important than it's actual presence and contribution to the sport.
What I like about the team is that they do try to have the best possible line-up of drivers available to them. Force India offer a perfect platform for semi-rookies to show their potential to the bigger teams.

Sidhartha.techie

AM-007 ASTON MARTIN 007 Waiting for an announcement sometime soon :D
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

Facts Only

GPR-A wrote: they should put good money in the operations and pull some top class engineers.
I think thats a tad insulting to the folks at FIF1, Pound for Pound they do as good a job as any team in terms of engineering and are outpacing teams with more infrastructure and better finances. Just because they arent public figures like Newey or Lowe etc etc doesnt mean they arent top class engineers.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

OneAlex

GPR-A wrote: Overall, FI has always punched above their weight. With good budget, I am sure they can be one of the big boys. If Aston Martin is really serious about making a name in F1, they should put good money in the operations and pull some top class engineers.
That will be down to Diageo I reckon, not AM.

Aston's final profits after costs (presumably including Aston Martin Racing) are currently tiny and they're not shifting nearly enough units; part of the stake Mercedes bought includes help getting their sales up - currently around half that of Ferrari's (who are effectively getting their F1 team for free through sponsorship/historic payments/prize money so don't need to worry about making the extra millions that Aston Martin would need).

What Aston has is one of the ultimate marketing names, and one Diageo seems to want to snap up even if it doesn't come with much money attached (and which is why it's highly unlikely the Force India name will be kept). The company can't really afford to come into F1 otherwise.