Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Daliracing

Re: Manor F1 Team 2015

What about Stoffel Vandoorne? is there any chance he will get the seat?

FW17

Jonnycraig

WaikeCU wrote:
kooleracer wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Hoping For Giedo VDG in the second seat, but I think it could be K-Mag instead.
Isn't Max Chilton a shoe-in for that second seat. K-Mag could be a second choice also because Manor owes McLaren some money.
Yeah I know Max Chilton is a shoe-in, but I believe Giedo is a better driver and also a driver that is better in developing a car since he has done a fair bit of testing for Sauber. Dunno which of the two has deeper pockets.

Come to think about it, Giedo might decline the seat. He has declined Caterham to move up to Sauber as a third driver, thinking of eventually be driving for them one day. It should have been this season, but instead Sauber were looking for drivers with deep pockets.
It won't be either of them. VDG situation with Sauber is unclear, and Chilton is doing Indy Lights this season with Carlin before stepping up to Indycar with them next year.
Daliracing wrote:What about Stoffel Vandoorne? is there any chance he will get the seat?
He's already signed up for another year of GP2, so McLaren would have to fund a manor drive and also likely pay ART to get him out of that deal.

FW17

I sincerely hope the new investors bring in enough money to do a decent car and not rely on driver funds

I also hope the new investors are more hands on with the team's operations and don't let Lowdon and Booth con them out of their money for a car that is 4 seconds off the pace like they did to the Russian

Lastly I hope they bring in some colour to the grid rather than the drab of red, black or white (but looking at the driver suit and logo; I don't have much hope)

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:I sincerely hope the new investors bring in enough money to do a decent car and not rely on driver funds

I also hope the new investors are more hands on with the team's operations and don't let Lowdon and Booth con them out of their money for a car that is 4 seconds off the pace like they did to the Russian

Lastly I hope they bring in some colour to the grid rather than the drab of red, black or white (but looking at the driver suit and logo; I don't have much hope)

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... -0pZdjpN7Q
If the rumours are true about OVO Energy, you may be disappointed on both fronts:

Spoutnik

I think Vandoorne will race in GP2 next year with ART GP. And he's a McLaren "developpement" driver.

To be honest, Manor need Charles Pic. I you want the return of the young frenchman, post a tweet at "#ASeatForPic"

SunsAnvil

Wow, I have never heard that Lowdon and Booth were crooks swindling a Russian. I would have thought that a very dangerous proposition.

f1316

Moose wrote:
f1316 wrote:I just don't understand what the purpose is of cobbling together a car that has no chance of being anything but last, just in order to 'make the grid'.
Simple - if they make the grid, they get €90m.
Still, how much does the whole season + paying off the creditors cost?

I don't know, just seems pointless unless you have some chance of racing against someone.

kooleracer

I'm all for the return of ManorF1, but i'm really worried about their performance. They will have the outdated 2014 Ferrari PU which wasn't great at all and the development of the 2015 wasn't optimal too say the least. I think they won't comply to the 107% rule until the Spain race were we could see a big upgrade and maybe a 2015 PU. Without Caterham ManorF1 will have no one to fight with on track. From the look things the likes of Sauber and Lotus have made a big step in performance forward. Without the 2015 PU ManorF1 will have absolutely no chance to compete.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Italiano

I don't entirely understand why Ferrari would go to the trouble of rebulding 2014 PUs and not just supply 2015 spec? Is this just because the car is not able to accept 2015 parts or some financial issue?
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Moose

f1316 wrote:
Moose wrote:
f1316 wrote:I just don't understand what the purpose is of cobbling together a car that has no chance of being anything but last, just in order to 'make the grid'.
Simple - if they make the grid, they get €90m.
Still, how much does the whole season + paying off the creditors cost?

I don't know, just seems pointless unless you have some chance of racing against someone.
Last year they beat Sauber. If Sauber can improve from that, then so can they.

NathanOlder

SchumacherM wrote:I don't entirely understand why Ferrari would go to the trouble bulding 2014 PUs and not just supply 2015 spec? Is this just because the car is not able to accept 2015 parts or some financial issue?
I thought it was due to Ferrari having some spare unused 2014 PU's laying around. in other words, no good to anyone so they sell them cheap to Manor to keep the team afloat in the hope that one day Ferrari will get the money owed to them.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

WaikeCU

Moose wrote: Last year they beat Sauber. If Sauber can improve from that, then so can they.
Doubt that,

1) Manor use old Ferrari PU's
2) Sauber has done a fair bit of testing this Winter

FW17

SchumacherM wrote:I don't entirely understand why Ferrari would go to the trouble of rebulding 2014 PUs and not just supply 2015 spec? Is this just because the car is not able to accept 2015 parts or some financial issue?
I think Ferrari have changed the intercooler location from top of engine to elsewhere. Manor reworking the entire charge air system probably not feasible with the short time and resources available, hence probably asked for 2014 units to start with.

FW17

General question

Which is the front bulkhead of the chassis the FIA considers for measurement

1) is it the section just behind the fluid containers
or
2) is it the section where the torsion springs are mounted

If it is 1 - then it already looks like it is 50 mm lower than the rest