Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

stefan_

Re: Manor F1 Team 2015

Maybe I wasn't following the whole Marussia / Manor subject closely, but I have a few questions:

1) Where is this car being built?
2) What data do they have to build it - the data collected by Marussia before they have been put into administration?
3) Who is building and designing the car - as in the people. Ex-Marussia employees?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Jonnycraig

stefan_ wrote:Maybe I wasn't following the whole Marussia / Manor subject closely, but I have a few questions:

1) Where is this car being built?
2) What data do they have to build it - the data collected by Marussia before they have been put into administration?
3) Who is building and designing the car - as in the people. Ex-Marussia employees?
The car is being built at the Manor factory in Dinnington. Word is that they have 'only' modified the 2014 chassis to be 2015 legal, as for data, some, if not most of the 2015 design had been wind tunnel tested so presumably all that data is still in the teams hands.

As for who is building the car, at a mere guess, the Marussia design staff & mechanics who hadn't found alternate employment yet were offered their jobs back by the administrator whilst the rescue deal went through due diligence.

cbbcisace

Seems Roberto Merhi will take the 2nd Manor seat.

NathanOlder

What makes you say that?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Richard

It has been reported that OVO is not involved the team, so lets scrap the previous page of armchair corporate tax accountancy. It makes no difference to OVO if Fitzpatrick spends his personal wealth on F1 or finding Atlantis.

By the way Dinnington is a 2 hour drive from Banbury, or 3 hours on busy weekday. So any former Marussia staff would need to relocate or commit to staying away from home.

Jonnycraig

Still no news on a 2nd driver, but it won't be Merhi. He's staying in FR3.5 with Pons, the worst team on the grid. Still, it's a paid drive I guess rather than trying to fund an F1 drive.

dodds_turbo

Richard wrote:It has been reported that OVO is not involved the team, so lets scrap the previous page of armchair corporate tax accountancy. It makes no difference to OVO if Fitzpatrick spends his personal wealth on F1 or finding Atlantis.

By the way Dinnington is a 2 hour drive from Banbury, or 3 hours on busy weekday. So any former Marussia staff would need to relocate or commit to staying away from home.
Perhaps it is Fitzpatrick's personal wealth (rather than OVO) floating Manor into 2015. It'll make no difference to us, however Stephen Fitzpatrick has just been confirmed as 'principal investor' with Justin King as Chairman.

Justin King has a son in GP2 = Jordan King, will he have enough time to get a super licence and therefore an F1 seat/drive?

Source: motorsport.com (http://bit.ly/17QMxlZ)
Last edited by dodds_turbo on 04 Mar 2015, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

dodds_turbo

Manoah2u wrote:Image
* 2015 participation confirmed by FIA

Team: Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited [Formerly known as Marussia F1 Team]
Base: Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom * Rumoured as sold to Haas F1 Team
Team principal(s): John Booth (confirmed)
Technical director(s): Graeme Lowdon (President and Sporting Director)

Race drivers: Will Stevens

Test drivers : TBA

Chassis: TBA
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2014 position: 12th (0 pts (DSQ))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2015 Manor - Ferrari F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Manor - Ferrari MNR1 F1 CAR: Click HERE
Can the above please be updated? :roll:

Starscreamer

Jonnycraig wrote:Still no news on a 2nd driver, but it won't be Merhi. He's staying in FR3.5 with Pons, the worst team on the grid. Still, it's a paid drive I guess rather than trying to fund an F1 drive.
My guess and hope is Giedo van der Garde [-o<
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Cuky

New release on Manor's Facebook page
READY TO RACE

• MANOR BEGIN 2015 SEASON IN MELBOURNE
• STEPHEN FITZPATRICK IS NEW INVESTOR IN TEAM
• JUSTIN KING APPOINTED INTERIM TEAM CHAIRMAN
• TEAM EXITS ADMINISTRATION
• DRIVER LINE-UP SOON TO BE COMPLETED
• ALL EFFORTS FOCUSED ON PREPARING FOR 2015 SEASON

4 March 2015, 17.00hrs

The Manor Marussia F1 Team looks forward to its participation in the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Formal agreement was reached with Manor’s creditors on Thursday 19th February 2015 in order to allow the team to come out of administration, following new investment from Stephen Fitzpatrick.

Manor’s President & Sporting Director will be Graeme Lowdon, with former Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King taking over as the team’s interim Chairman.

The team has been preparing the cars with which it will begin the 2015 season and which comply fully with the 2015 regulations. Later in the season it will introduce a new 2015 specification car as per the designs initiated last year.

Graeme Lowdon said: “I want to thank all of the teams, the FIA, Formula One Management, our suppliers and staff and of course all of the fans for the support we’ve received over the past six months. It has been a challenging period for all of us but we’ve come through it and now we just want to go racing again. With formidable new business leadership in Stephen Fitzpatrick and the board presence of Justin King we are now in a great place ahead of the new season. This is a fantastic and very rewarding moment for all those involved with the team.”

Justin King said: “It’s a real pleasure for me to be involved in Manor. I know from the years I spent at Sainsbury’s that with the right people, the right values, and sheer hard work, you can turn any business around. In Graeme and Team Principal John Booth we have all three and I’m fully confident that we can help Manor be competitive at the highest level of racing.”

Stephen Fitzpatrick said: “We've all worked incredibly hard to get the car ready for Melbourne and the season ahead. Our fans have given the team amazing support for many years and we want to restore Manor to the very best of racing in the future. I have a lifelong passion for Formula One and can't wait for the season ahead, with Manor and the team.”

dodds_turbo

Richard wrote:It has been reported that OVO is not involved the team, so lets scrap the previous page of armchair corporate tax accountancy. It makes no difference to OVO if Fitzpatrick spends his personal wealth on F1 or finding Atlantis.

Manor have revealed their financial backer:

"Manor Marussia F1 formally named its new "principal investor" as Stephen Fitzpatrick
Former Sainsbury's boss Justin Kingwill be interim chairman.
Graeme Lowdon will be president and sporting director.
John Booth remains team principal

Source: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/manor ... -melbourne

marcush.

Facts Only

Richard wrote: By the way Dinnington is a 2 hour drive from Banbury, or 3 hours on busy weekday. So any former Marussia staff would need to relocate or commit to staying away from home.
That might actually help them get staff in the long run. Its so difficult to rent in the Oxford area and near impossible to get on the property ladder so the younger and talented staff not already settled in Oxford can be tempted oop norf where they will have more disposable income and could own a home.
Also there is a band of very experienced contractors in F1 many of whom "live away" in the week to work in places like Oxford but who's family homes are much further north who jump at the chance to work closer to home.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Tim.Wright

marcush. wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117909

dream come true. [-o<
I have to say I'm very impressed. What they have done takes guts, balls and smarts all at the same time.

Respect
Not the engineer at Force India