Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
iotar__

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

So Manor is still Marussia because of Ecclestone money? The weird part is that they wait until the last moment to save those teams. Is it cheaper like that when assets are sold, all creditors give up and are happy with a fraction of debt?

They created this situation themselves and now alternative media and internet reality is that "greedy FI" is causing problems. No, the problem is 1. They didn't have 2015 rules car. 2. It took ages for new investors to reveal themselves, although they didn't reveal their plan to survive in F1, only denials and special deals with Ferrari and McLaren. 3. In order to be the worst team in F1 you end up with tenths of millions of debt even though two paydrivers are providing large chunk of your budget. How is that going to change in 2015 - ... ? 4. If you look at Haas' MO you can guess where this is going. Sudden love for one small team is suspicious especially after three cars idea went bust (I think?) and two-tier, stooge teams F1 is on the cards.

WaikeCU

I'm thinking that they could finish ahead of the Mclarens this weekend.

efuloni
efuloni

McLaren might be slow and not even finish the race.
Sauber may not race at all.
FI is not so good, either.

With a few accidents, Manor may even grab a point. lol

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

So, what is the latest on the rumour that Marussia won't race? I heard something to do with engines?

FW17

Yeah something to do with the engine software in relation to the brake by wire.

FW17

I still cant get over this fact about F1; how is that they run blank race cars year after year.

If the big tickets are not there they can always target smaller once which keep things moving.

Indycar and NASCAR are on a completely different philosophy (which I personally agree on)

Look some of the brands on it; Tums

Jolle
Jolle

WilliamsF1 wrote:I still cant get over this fact about F1; how is that they run blank race cars year after year.

If the big tickets are not there they can always target smaller once which keep things moving.

Indycar and NASCAR are on a completely different philosophy (which I personally agree on)

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr25 ... nezo74.jpg
On this website http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... omparison/ you can see the difference in costs. So a whole car for a whole season being the title sponsor is around 15m, in formula one you have maybe a bargeboard or so.
I myself don't like the one make for formula 1. There is more then enough money to run 22 cars, it's just divided uneven now.

hpras
hpras

WilliamsF1 wrote:I still cant get over this fact about F1; how is that they run blank race cars year after year.

You picked not the best example with the Chip Ganassi Target cars. In this case, Target is pretty much the sole sponsor, and all the other brands that appear on the car are brands that Target sell. Target tells the team, this weekend, Tums appear on the car, next weekend, KY Jelly. The team doesn't get any money directly from the parent company of TUMS. Also, the team car to the Target car gets a rotating title sponsor everyrace that is chosen by Target. That said, Indycar sponsorships are about %5 the cost of an F1 sponsorship for the same amount of sqaure-footage on the car.

FW17

So if there is potential to raise 15 million then they should do it rather than wait for the imaginary 100 million in the clouds

Vasconia

So no running for Manor during FP1 and FP2. Very bad news, I hope they can solve this problem and at least run tomorrow during FP3 and the qualy. Any official information about this????

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Vasconia wrote:So no running for Manor during FP1 and FP2. Very bad news, I hope they can solve this problem and at least run tomorrow during FP3 and the qualy. Any official information about this????
Maurizio #Arrivabene on Manor F1: "we said 'guys we are open to help you but no money, no honey.'"

Sniffit

Vasconia wrote:So no running for Manor during FP1 and FP2. Very bad news, I hope they can solve this problem and at least run tomorrow during FP3 and the qualy. Any official information about this????
Official and official but supposedly manor only have to be on-site with complete cars and drivers to pass inspection and thus be counted as participants in the race weekend.
That they have not gotten their engine software does not seem to matter.

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

So basically the backers need to get some funds to Ferrari and they'll get software and tech support from Ferrari to run the engines.

Looking at the car it seems very obvious to me they never intended to run the car from the outset, just turn up to validate 2014 money. If not why wouldn't the "new backer" front up the fee to get them running?

I really hate that F1 has come to this. Starting to rapidly loose interest and any respect for the sport. :(

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Jonnycraig wrote:
Maurizio #Arrivabene on Manor F1: "we said 'guys we are open to help you but no money, no honey.'"
You'd think Ferrari would just a little more helpful given that the reason the lower teams have no money is that Ferrari get a chunk of the prize fund just for being Ferrari..

WaikeCU

ChrisM40 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
You'd think Ferrari would just a little more helpful given that the reason the lower teams have no money is that Ferrari get a chunk of the prize fund just for being Ferrari..
I believe they should. At the moment if Manor does get to start, they'll probably finish ahead of Mclaren, which is a rival of... Ferrari.