Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lebesset

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

is bernie serious about them paying for their transport ?
according to the FIA they fulfilled their contract , did they not ?
just saying they didn't intend to race is hardly proof , is it ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

RicME85

Bernie has an agenda with them, has never liked them (along with HRT and Caterham) so he isn't going to make life easy for them.

TzeiTzei

I think Bernie just wanted to make a public point about the fact that he doesn't tolerate teams doing what Manor did in Australia. Will he make Manor pay for the freight? I have no idea. But I'm sure he is aware of the incredibly tight schedule Manor had to deal with and the problems that it caused. Bernie probably doesn't trust the new owners. Many times he has seen a rich guy show up with a racing team and then disappear without really adding anything to the sport. Now that we only have 10 teams in F1 I'm positive that Bernie has nothing against Manor, but he wants them to start acting like a proper F1 team. That ofcourse needs time but also owners that are committed and willing to fund the team properly. What he doesn't want to see is the Manor cars circling around at the back of the field with the sole purpose of collecting prize money.

Jonnycraig

lebesset wrote:is bernie serious about them paying for their transport ?
according to the FIA they fulfilled their contract , did they not ?
just saying they didn't intend to race is hardly proof , is it ?
As said its a little message that a token effort of turning up to collect the prize money and not leave the garage will not be tolerated. It's hardly cheap to transport all that Cargo for the team to take the piss and BE won't fund it out of his pocket.
RicME85 wrote:Bernie has an agenda with them, has never liked them (along with HRT and Caterham) so he isn't going to make life easy for them.
Bernie pushed hard behind the scenes to get them on the grid. He needs them to satisfy his 20 car contracts, but he needs them running, not sweeping up the garages for the circuit maintenance crews. He'll push them under rather than let the owners mock FOM and its rulebook.

nevill3

I remember hearing a comment on SKY TV I think that said the 2014 engine wasn't compatible with the 2015 software that Ferrari supplied hence the need to do lots of software re-writing. Recent posts online hints at this problem has been overcome so FP1 looks to be doable

Good luck Manor we are all rooting for you.... =D>
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

siwillems

An article on BBC website quotes Graham Lowden who reckons
"Now I've seen where the opposition are in 2015, with the 2015 car we were advanced with, we could have really turned a few heads, if we hadn't had to stop". :D :D :D =D>

full article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31963520
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

Facts Only

Sounds like sponsor bait to me, especially as no one will ever know for sure.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

kptaylor

siwillems wrote:An article on BBC website quotes Graham Lowden who reckons
"Now I've seen where the opposition are in 2015, with the 2015 car we were advanced with, we could have really turned a few heads, if we hadn't had to stop". :D :D :D =D>

full article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31963520
Well, like Sauber, he thinks they would have been way up the grid using Ferrari power. Unfortunately they don't have the 2015 PU or a developed 2015 chassis!

efuloni

But they still can get the 2015 PU during the season, right? I mean, if they buy, they can use it. Or is there some sort of rule for that?

Jonnycraig

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that the Manor Formula One team will be docked almost £2m in prize-money for failing to race at the season-opener in Australia.

The team went into administration in October with debts of £64m but were rescued last month by the boss of energy firm Ovo. They raced against time to get their cars ready and meet the deadline for F1 to transport their equipment to Melbourne for free.

However, they never made the grid owing to computer software problems. Ecclestone has already said they will have to pay for the freight and has now revealed they will lose prize-money too.

“We will deduct the race they missed from the prize-money,” he said. “They will miss one 19th of it and they are going to get a bill for the free travel that we gave them

The move will give a boost to Manor’s rivals as Ecclestone added that “the money they should have got will get distributed amongst the teams that are racing”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/moto ... 34514.html

Italiano

What a greedy little pixie he truly is. Can he never stop his money grabbing schemes?
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

FW17

Pixie?

More Gollum.....

Italiano

I'd use a more fruity and appropriate word for him, but I've already been corrected once in my post.

In other news, they started the Ferrari PU up for the first time earlier today. So that's nice. :)
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

kptaylor

Curious how the contracts read and if Bernie can actually do half of the things he threatens...

multisync

Ecclestone added that “the money they should have got will get distributed amongst the teams that are racing”.

Italiano wrote:What a greedy little pixie he truly is. Can he never stop his money grabbing schemes?
Yer look at him taking back money falsely obtained by a team who had absolutely no intention to run the car and giving to other the teams who did.

Umm not quite seeing your point? :roll: