Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dragonsteincole

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

multisync wrote:
Ecclestone added that “the money they should have got will get distributed amongst the teams that are racing”.

Italiano wrote:What a greedy little pixie he truly is. Can he never stop his money grabbing schemes?
Yer look at him taking back money falsely obtained by a team who had absolutely no intention to run the car and giving to other the teams who did.

Umm not quite seeing your point? :roll:
The point would be that it is deemed to be going above the sporting regulations that the FIA have set in place, remembering that the FIA deemed their cars to have passed scrutineering in Australia, and were satisfied that there were
valid reasons out of the team's control that prevented them from qualifying and racing. No punishment or fine was applied to Manor by the FIA, it's the commercial rights holder that has gone above this ruling to mete out a punishment that has seemingly little precedent.

What also appears to be muddying the issue is Bernie and armchair commentator's insistence that Manor have 'falsely' claimed money that was earned by the same team last season, and presenting that personal opinion as 'fact'. The fact is that a racing team was unable to participate in a race but were deemed to have been present and correct to the FIA's satisfaction, yet has been threatened with punishment.

If this is the case, an argument could be made that Williams, McLaren and Red Bull failed to field the two cars they are contractually obligated to race, so they should be punished in a similar manner.

Italiano

Yes, lets just suck money from people that are giving it an honest go at racing. Lets just dump all the money we have into CVC, Bernie needs fresh heels for his shoes, old age and shrinking and so on.

For crying out loud, give Manor an honest chance without crapping on them in every turn possible.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

itix

Italiano wrote:Yes, lets just suck money from people that are giving it an honest go at racing. Lets just dump all the money we have into CVC, Bernie needs fresh heels for his shoes, old age and shrinking and so on.

For crying out loud, give Manor an honest chance without crapping on them in every turn possible.
My thoughts exactly. Also he need to pay off all of the "glamorous ladies" he likes to surround himself with (or what was the phrase he used towards the caterham boss again?). That sort of stuff cost!

Seriosuly, they made an effort to get the car going from ground up in almost no time at all. They were required to show up to to secure their CVC money from last year which they need to first and foremost sort out their debt. If Bernie has made a contract and he benefits from it, it always applies, but if he has to make an effort, suddenly he dictate the terms where it applies and where it doesn't?

Seriously, Bernie, CVC and the management of this sport is why I have such mixed feelings about it... That bit is quite frankly disgusting.The way that Ferrari get like 50% of the pot whereas the rest has to share the remainder and how events have to pay ridiculous fees to host the sport etc etc... and then you have this shitty row where a team that was auctioning off their bits suddenly gets rescued and decides to do their best efforts by almost achieving in less than a month what the other teams had three months to do FROM SCRATCH but are denied their rightful lot of the prize money. They were even at a lower point than the rest of the teams because they had to rewrite all their software, damn.

It is not a sport, it is a VERY shady business. I love the technology and the racing and the competition but I absolutely HATE the management and the way this --- is run.

If the teams could just set up their own co-shared non disgusting management company and create a new series called formula first or something that'd be wonderful.

Part of the opening ceremony from now on should be Bernie having to fight hungry wolves for the entertainment of F1 fans globally. If he survives he gets to live until the next race. Sorry in advance for my strong comments but this man is quite frankly disgusting beyond belief!
Massive rally fan... have fallen out of love with F1 yet again and have thus migrated

Starscreamer

They have made it =D>
6 seconds slower then number 1 but it's the first "test" it's better than expected.
Hope the team have a good race sunday [-o<

Nico Rosberg 01:40.124
Wil Stevens 01:46.686
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Facts Only

Italiano wrote:Yes, lets just suck money from people that are giving it an honest go at racing. Lets just dump all the money we have into CVC, Bernie needs fresh heels for his shoes, old age and shrinking and so on.

“the money they should have got will get distributed amongst the teams that are racing”.

Doesn't really sound like he's money grabbing if he's giving it to the other teams.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

andartop

What I don't get is how come he didn't do the same when some cars got into Q3 in the past but decided not to run in order to save tires?
He could have/should have claimed back 1/2 (as they did race) of the 1/3rd (as they did participate in Q1 and Q2) of the 1/20th (per race...) of their prize money.
How did he miss that?
Getting old dear Bernie, are we???

PS. Dear Manor, here's your line of defence if the dwarf goes ahead..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

FW17

3 seconds off the 2015 cars.

Difficult and depressing year ahead

Daliracing

I guess they are doing better then expected. 3 seconds of is alot but given that they only did a few laps with this car its a good start i guess. All i can say is that i have much respect for those guys. Their determination is just amazing.

Italiano

Facts Only wrote:

“the money they should have got will get distributed amongst the teams that are racing”.

Doesn't really sound like he's money grabbing if he's giving it to the other teams.
I can safely say that fair money distribution was the last thing on his mind when he threw this bombshell out.

Richard

I can't work out how this can be seen as Bernie grabbing money when he's redistributing it to other teams.

More importantly, the only reason that Manor have made it to the grid is because of Bernie giving them a cash advance.

Italiano

It's just previous experiences, I don't recall him doing much of anything related to F1 charity in the last 10 years. Also, a much better thing for this good samaritan to do would be to lower his charges towards racing circuits and organisers. But we know that ain't happening.

But I digress. Manor actually out and actually running. Not at full power I reckon, even the 2014 Ferrari PU was louder on the full throttle bits, I think they're still easing it in.

FW17

Richard wrote:I can't work out how this can be seen as Bernie grabbing money when he's redistributing it to other teams.

More importantly, the only reason that Manor have made it to the grid is because of Bernie giving them a cash advance.

This was supposedly last years money so was the advance

If Bernie wanted to cut some money it should be in March 2016

Vasconia

WilliamsF1 wrote:3 seconds off the 2015 cars.

First race with the "new" car and an old engine. Its not so bad. Mclaren was like that in Melbourne. Ok, I dont expect Manor to improve like Mclaren but give them a little of time. They are working hard, they will be the worst team but I think they can close the gap a little bit.

Jonnycraig

Starscreamer wrote: 6 seconds slower then number 1 but it's the first "test" it's better than expected.

Nico Rosberg 01:40.124
Wil Stevens 01:46.686
Technically that's 6.5 seconds ;)
WilliamsF1 wrote:3 seconds off the 2015 cars.

They merely hope to survive, attain the prize money and build upwards from there. Being within 107% all season will be a tremendous season for them.

WaikeCU

Sigh... What if Marussia still exists without financial troubles. I think they would have beaten Mclaren and perhaps Force India on pace. Max Chilton would have finished the race and I think they might have ended in the points. But what if's don't exist.

It's a miracle that Manor are running within the 107% rule and don't have any reliability issues at the moment. These are the first mileage of the 2015 car and what better way to do a shakedown than in the hottest GP of the year. If they can finish the race, I believe they have made a solid car.