Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

They'll probably find more; it's quite astonishing they are able to get within the 107% already given these are the very first laps they have driven since going into administration. Data from last year has largely been whiped off the disks, and the team personel has changed considerably considering amount and individuals.

I think concerning set up and just "getting used to" to the car they might find another second. Should definitely put them in the clear.

Granted, the first part of the season will be all about surviving. They will eventually however introduce their real 2015 car.

Perhaps their punishment from Ecclestone was a good thing. it certainly gave them incentive to do whatever it takes to get the car up and running. Now that it runs, it certainly does not look that bad as originally feared.
#AeroFrodo

efuloni

How are they in comparison with their own time laps from 2014?

Jonnycraig

efuloni wrote:How are they in comparison with their own time laps from 2014?
Fp1, Bianchi 1:43:8
Fp2, Chilton 1:43:6

bill shoe

It's alive!!! :D

Now can they get both cars within 107% in qualy? This is one of the more interesting (and positive) stories this weekend.

TzeiTzei

Jonnycraig wrote:
efuloni wrote:How are they in comparison with their own time laps from 2014?
Fp1, Bianchi 1:43:8
Fp2, Chilton 1:43:6
I think that's quite revealing about the state of the team/car. They're 2-3 secs off last year's pace.

thedutchguy

I know it's been discussed at some other sites, but Manor cars get no air time whatsoever on the FOM television feed!? Even when they head out first at the beginning of a session, they are not shown on screen. Seems like a nasty and deliberate plot from Bernie to make the team as unattractive to potential sponsors and partners as possible. :(

MrCelroy

Anybody here?
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

MrCelroy

Anybody here?
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

Miguel

thedutchguy wrote:I know it's been discussed at some other sites, but Manor cars get no air time whatsoever on the FOM television feed!? Even when they head out first at the beginning of a session, they are not shown on screen. Seems like a nasty and deliberate plot from Bernie to make the team as unattractive to potential sponsors and partners as possible. :(
It's an absolute disgrace. I was wondering on saturday why I didn't see them in the first few seconds of Q1, and again on Sunday when being lapped, having forgotten their issues with Bernie. However, this is a very unprofessional way to conduct business.

At some point Bernie should realise that only a month ago he was on the verge of breaching his contract with Melbourne, that Sauber, McLaren & Manor have essentially no sponsors at all, that FI is also dancing on thin ice, that Toro Rosso seems up for sale, that Lotus isn't doing all that great, and that if he has no cars then he has no product to sell.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a poor sod and he's one of the richest men in the world. It's quite possible his accounts generate more interest in a month than I'll earn on a lifetime. Whatever.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

windwaves

thedutchguy wrote:I know it's been discussed at some other sites, but Manor cars get no air time whatsoever on the FOM television feed!? Even when they head out first at the beginning of a session, they are not shown on screen. Seems like a nasty and deliberate plot from Bernie to make the team as unattractive to potential sponsors and partners as possible. :(
nobody wants to see those cars, nobody cares and most wished they were not in the way. Sorry, just how it is.

Manoah2u

windwaves wrote:
nobody wants to see those cars, nobody cares and most wished they were not in the way. Sorry, just how it is.
I care about those cars, i wished they had their 2015 design from last year on the field, and i definately want to see what they can do this year.

The problem with Manor last year iirc was that they had a dispute with FOM over television rights, and If i'm not mistaken, because of that, or let's just say they did not want to accept the terms presented or atleast disagreed, they were not shown on telly last season, and i'm inclined to believe the same is going on this year. I think this is what hurts them most.

Marussia has been doing their best for years to improve and get up and running with the rest of the field. They haven't managed to do so unfortunately but I kinda think they were deeply hurt by the Bianchi incident. Bianchi was their star driver and got them their first points. There was general uplift feelings, and improvement, despite financial insecurities.

The japan accident destroyed more then just Bianchi's car and physical capacity. It destroyed Marussia's motivation at that moment and it kinda shattered any positivity going on there, and i wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of payment around to aid in Bianchi's treatment and care. All in all, it gave Marussia the blow they really couldn't use.

To be honest, i'm highly respectfull for their efforts to be able to put a car on the grid so short-timed and now drive around, even though far from the rest of the field. It is nothing short of miracle so they made their own miracle.

I'm just hoping they can improve by enough so they can be in front of Haas next year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

windwaves

got you. I respect that.

It is racing though ....

r_b_l

Since they have competed in 3 races now, has Manor received prize money from last year?

n04h f1

r_b_l wrote:Since they have competed in 3 races now, has Manor received prize money from last year?
They didn't race in Melbourne, so really they've only done 2 races so far.

skoop

iirc fom (or fia) said that them showing up with 2 cars in melbourne was enough for them to be counted as participants. so they should be safe from that side. but i don't know what bernie has to say about this (and maybe can influence some things)

edit: i don't have a source right now (i'm at work), but if it's wanted i can try and look some up at home)