Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

Jonnycraig wrote:Merhi confirms he is likely not returning with Manor as he has no money.

Says John Booth fought for him to get the drive when Manors owners wanted a paydriver.

Says that whilst Stevens has been privately funding external simulator time, he has been watching YouTube videos and using the Playstation to learn tracks.

Also says that his seat was deformed during transit from China to Bahrain and they could only patch it up during the weekend.

http://www.thebestf1.es/algo-pasa-con-roberto-merhi/#
Is there any word on who will take his place?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

CBeck113
CBeck113

Jonnycraig wrote:Merhi confirms he is likely not returning with Manor as he has no money.

Says John Booth fought for him to get the drive when Manors owners wanted a paydriver.

Says that whilst Stevens has been privately funding external simulator time, he has been watching YouTube videos and using the Playstation to learn tracks.

Also says that his seat was deformed during transit from China to Bahrain and they could only patch it up during the weekend.

On the one hand I feel bad for him - he's "wasted" quite a bit of other peoples' money and only has the experience to show for it. On the other hand he was owned by Stevens, so at least he won't have to go through this beat down again.

I wonder what Bernie would say if Manor showed up to Barcelona with only one driver, because the other available drivers couldn't afford to have seats prepared on short notice?
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

CBeck113 wrote:
On the one hand I feel bad for him - he's "wasted" quite a bit of other peoples' money and only has the experience to show for it. On the other hand he was owned by Stevens, so at least he won't have to go through this beat down again.
Bit harsh to say Stevens 'owned him'. Ultimately Merhi was coming into race weekends having only driven the tracks on the Playstation, presumably using the Marussia with all the aids turned off :lol: , whereas Stevens has been sat in proper simulators all week.

Merhi has proved himself a far superior driver to Stevens in feeder series', he's just been put in an impossible situation at Manor.

Andres125sx

CBeck113 wrote:

I wonder what Bernie would say if Manor showed up to Barcelona with only one driver, because the other available drivers couldn't afford to have seats prepared on short notice?
I understand you can get that impresion if you only watch last race, but reality is quite far from this

Merhi has owned Stevens on every feeder series they´ve fight before, all of them, no exception

Merhi is quite a bit heavier than Stevens and I think there was some other problems for Merhi´s car wich did not exist on Stevens one, wich turned up on an advantage for Stevens of around half a second

Merhi didn´t have a carbon seat, he was using the pre-seat, that´s the reason it was deformed and Merhi suffered back pain after China race. :shock:

Merhi didn´t know any of last tracks, and didn´t practice on simulators, while Stevens was paying his own simulator time

So competing with a deformed pre-seat, with no simulator experience, and some extra kg doesn´t look like a fair competition

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Merhi will race in Barcelona before going back to WSR.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'll hope he'll destroy will stevens' performance just because of his arrogant remark, and if that is fanboyism, then let it be.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Starscreamer

Now is the big question
After Spain who is going to drive the Manor????
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Probably a Ferrari test driver like Raffaele Marciello
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Andres125sx

Starscreamer wrote:Now is the big question
Anyone bringing some millions...

F1 seat on sale

FW17

No new car this year.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Johnny Cecotto at a complete guess.

Not doing GP2 this year, has money and a superlicence.

turbof1

WilliamsF1 wrote:No new car this year.
What is your source?
#AeroFrodo

Starscreamer

Jonnycraig wrote:
Johnny Cecotto at a complete guess.

Not doing GP2 this year, has money and a superlicence.
I like to see him... why isn't he driving this year gp2?
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:No new car this year.
What is your source?
John Booth has said that the post summer break deadline they set themselves is very tight.
"Somebody quoted me as August, but I just said we have set ourselves a very difficult target of August. That’s what I said and then somebody wrote ‘August for the new car’ which is not what I said at all. But that was the target we’ve set ourselves, which as everything we’ve done this year we’ve set the targets pretty high. By the time we get to Barcelona we should have a decent idea of where we are

http://en.f1i.com/news/10538-manor-may- ... w-car.html
From there it seems to be a bit of guesswork to get to them not running it until 2016.

turbof1

That I knew. It's not unrealistic either they will not introduce a new car this year. If they can't manage to have the new car at Spa Francorchamp, the only other date worth the effort would be for the Singapore GP, so before the Asian part of the season. After that you only have 4 more races left, which instead of rushing the car, the time could be spent better on developing the proper 2016 car, again at that point.

However, unless I have missed nobody notably publicly stated yet there will be no 2015 car. John Booth is indeed very much indicating it'll be difficult. Then again, they came back from the death, so who am I to judge.
#AeroFrodo