2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Blackout

Re: 2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

He"s not wrong if you underline this
to now one of the strongest i'd say with the very talented and quick Kevin Magnussen alongside Palmer and Ocon[/i]

Yes Magnussen is very talented and quick, and if you take into account Ocon, who's one of the most very promising young dirvers today, Kravitz is not that wrong : p
I dont know if Palmer will deliver. Maybe he's super fast but needs more time to reach his maximum level...

iotar__

ME4ME wrote:Ted Kreviz seems to be still on holiday .. anyway, I'd like some of what he's having :lol:

"What went from you might say one of the weakest driver line-ups with Maldonado and Palmer, who is of course a rookie, to now one of the strongest i'd say with the very talented and quick Kevin Magnussen alongside Palmer and Ocon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCceBnltys

I like the guy as a presenter, but he needs to get real #-o
Nothing surprising considering Kravitz couldn't see a single better driver for Ferrari than Raikkonen during the awful beginning of '15 season. Sky = salesmen with lists of prepared "opinions" looking the other way when reality doesn't agree with them, which is 90% of the time. On the other hand Maldonado's treatment is cartoonish lowest common denominator.

Both drivers are an unknown with some probable qualities like one lap speed and everything else that is questionable. What is unquestionable is lack of experience and lack of healthy benchmarks. This is not exactly carefully planned line-up: Magnussen is late emergency replacement from rather shallow pool and the second choice after Vandoorne (again :-)), as for Palmer I have no clue about the logic of his hiring. If they are stable (Magnussen certainly was not in '14.) they should be OK for low mid-field.

Neno

iotar__ wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Ted Kreviz seems to be still on holiday .. anyway, I'd like some of what he's having :lol:

"What went from you might say one of the weakest driver line-ups with Maldonado and Palmer, who is of course a rookie, to now one of the strongest i'd say with the very talented and quick Kevin Magnussen alongside Palmer and Ocon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCceBnltys

I like the guy as a presenter, but he needs to get real #-o
Nothing surprising considering Kravitz couldn't see a single better driver for Ferrari than Raikkonen during the awful beginning of '15 season. Sky = salesmen with lists of prepared "opinions" looking the other way when reality doesn't agree with them, which is 90% of the time. On the other hand Maldonado's treatment is cartoonish lowest common denominator.

Both drivers are an unknown with some probable qualities like one lap speed and everything else that is questionable. What is unquestionable is lack of experience and lack of healthy benchmarks. This is not exactly carefully planned line-up: Magnussen is late emergency replacement from rather shallow pool and the second choice after Vandoorne (again :-)), as for Palmer I have no clue about the logic of his hiring. If they are stable (Magnussen certainly was not in '14.) they should be OK for low mid-field.
Palmer paid (10M euros) for his 2016 seat last year when Lotus was in crisis. Team probably couldnt back down on that deal giving they already recieved and possibly spend money and promised guy a seat he will drive. They will just see what they have in Palmer this year. But yes Vandoorne deserved a chance in F1 this season over Palmer and he would probably get in different scenario. I personally think Vandoorne is bigger talent and better driver than Palmer. It's a shame.

Cold Fussion

Vandoorne is a Mclaren driver, where is the logic in paying out his contract over a pay driver who will in all likelyhood be a solid driver in a car that is expected to struggle into the top 10?

Blackout

djos wrote:
gandharva wrote:Second one. For sure.

/edit
Lulz at the downvote for my previous post. As if 2 years of disappointing customers would not be enough to proof it's truth.
Some folks around here take umbrage at reasonable criticism. :(
lol
No, the sentence was simply dumb because it takes no account of the huge changes that occured in the new Renault evolvement. So according to gandharva and some others, depite the fact Renault is investing much more ressources today, despite the fact it has a long term program instead of an insecure short term program with RBR, despite the fact it has its own chassis team which is ultra important with today's power units etc... Renault will remain ins the same situation as before, its engine remains the same and only Illen can save them!!??
We must atleast wait and see. If the results remain the same, you can say that... But everything has changed and the difference is big between 2014 and 2016 so the setting is completely different and the parameters thet were true in 2014 and 2015 wont necesserily remain true in 2016-2017.

Alexgtt

Blackout wrote:
djos wrote:
gandharva wrote:Second one. For sure.

/edit
Lulz at the downvote for my previous post. As if 2 years of disappointing customers would not be enough to proof it's truth.
Some folks around here take umbrage at reasonable criticism. :(
lol
No, the sentence was simply dumb because it takes no account of the huge changes that occured in the new Renault evolvement. So according to gandharva and some others, depite the fact Renault is investing much more ressources today, despite the fact it has a long term program instead of an insecure short term program with RBR, despite the fact it has its own chassis team which is ultra important with today's power units etc... Renault will remain ins the same situation as before, its engine remains the same and only Illen can save them!!??
We must atleast wait and see. If the results remain the same, you can say that... But everything has changed and the difference is big between 2014 and 2016 so the setting is completely different and the parameters thet were true in 2014 and 2015 wont necesserily remain true in 2016-2017.
=D> Some sense at last. Agree 100% and will be watching with interest.

lio007

Strange things happen at Renault: Jerome Stoll retires.
http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2016/02/14/ ... 83841.html

Scuderia1967

lio007 wrote:Strange things happen at Renault: Jerome Stoll retires.
http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2016/02/14/ ... 83841.html
The article says that he's still the team's boss

mahinderlasmibal

2016 livery:

cmF1

Ladies and gentlemen we have COLOUR!!!!!
プラスとマイナス

Mark4211

FrukostScones

stand up paddling with yellow Frankencar.

I approve! =D>
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Facts Only

Its not grey, silver or black. Result.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FW17

:lol:

They are trying to be more edgy than Red Bull with the surfing stunt.

gandharva

"Trying" is the correct word here. Tbh, that clip is dizzy af.