2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sayeman

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Has EB or any drivers has ever complained about the Drivability of the PU? Any link would be appreciated.
Last edited by Sayeman on 27 May 2016, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Never Give up.

Vasconia

McG wrote:I don't think McLaren will be any better at Monaco good chassis or not. There's probably more chance of them being slower because of the relatively poor drivability of the engine. There's nothing McLaren can do until Honda give them updates. I hope Ricciardo does well so it shows that an engine upgrade can indeed make a difference even at Monaco.
Exactly, its not all about pure power but how this power is delivered. And I think that still, the chasis and PU cant work well. This or the chasis is simply mediocre. Because in Monaco you need a good chasis and traction which make the car drivable. And the engine has a role on this.

Jef Patat

Sayeman wrote:Has EB or any drivers has ever complained about the Drivability of the PU? Any link would be appreciated.
'Ever'? Then yes, recently not that I can remember though.

Exactly one year ago, Honda admitting it themselves: http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/129 ... naco-honda

mclaren111

Revising my prediction for the weekend !!

Top ten would be great !!! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Sayeman

"Front end was the big issue, for both of us, The balance was not right [in practice], with a lot of understeer, so there is a lot of laptime to come from us." said Button.

"It's not just related to the engine, it's related to the car. I don't think they have a car that is similar to Mercedes, or similar to Red Bull or similar to Ferrari at the moment." said Massa.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... co-chances
Never Give up.

CjC
CjC

It does interest me as to how much info the teams and drivers know about each other!
Sainz saying that Mclaren are good in 2nd gear corners. It's not a generalisation- it's so specific! Fascinating!
Just a fan's point of view

427cubes

Well .. Not sure how to begin. Have been a fan of the team and the drivers for some time. I keep on coming back for the silver lining that has been elusive for passt few years. My first question to myself.. who do i see talking .. Every day .. Next year .. Wait for another year ..

Is this makeing up for all we need .. A win perhaps .. No we were just masking desperation .. Well done we are in points finally.. It is serious sport takes time but who refused the same to you.. Bashing partner reduces the pain .. does it?

You can call it all rhetoric.. Have you been any different Eric.. Working hard is a start, without achieving the goal it's nothing .. Don't waste the slate.. Desperate to see you succeed ..

DiogoBrand

I seriously don't know why would someone still believe those optimistic statements that have become frequent from McLaren for the past two seasons. They always have laptime to find, performance to unlock, great objectives to achieve but never do any of that. Now they're at the race with their "highest chance of good results" and are pretty much performing the same as the rest of the year. Proof that PR doesn't do much for on-track performance.

Mad
Mad

Honda tested the Monaco setting for 2 days in the Post Barcelona test. Times posted were respectable and drivers were relatively happy. Now They can't get in the top 10 because of PU's poor drivability.

Mad
Mad

Fp3 underway
Last edited by Mad on 28 May 2016, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jef Patat

Where did you get the info that the PU's driveability is poor? I understood the setup was not quite there yet:
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2016/mo ... -practice/

GoranF1

Mad wrote:Honda tested the Monaco setting for 2 days in the Post Barcelona test. Times posted were respectable and drivers were relatively happy. Now They can't get in the top 10 because of PU's poor drivability.
today will be a much better day...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

BeardedAce

I'm sorry but i can't see how this is the 3rd best chassis on the grid. The toro-rosso with a year old PU is a second faster.

Goran2812

yeah... this is not good... everything that EB said is just deceiving and not true... I predict no points tomorrow...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Jef Patat

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/live/

Button: “Quite low grip – which is strange. We're struggling with traction. We need to look at what we've changed.”
Alonso: “Balance is better. Still understeering. The change we did is the right direction but we need more.”