2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Andres125sx wrote:What? :wtf:

Alonso got triple points than Kimi in 2014, Seb didn´t get double in 2015. That´s a difference I think.

Maybe it was not me who got asleep through 2015 :mrgreen:
Going way offtopic here. I'm talking about the manner in which results were achieved, taking into account Kimi entering Alonso's team in 2014. Ferrari having the clear 2nd best car in 2015, a smaller gap in points etc. I found Vettel's results against Kimi as impressive as Alonso's in 2014. That's my opinion anyway. You can PM me if you want to discuss it further :)

Any thoughts about the other stuff I wrote, and that motorsport.com article?

mclaren111

Motorsport.com
While McLaren’s car is excellent under braking and has good aerodynamics for initial turn-in and changes of direction, it struggles more on long sweeping high-speed corners.

This is understood to be down to a combination of factors, including a relatively high centre of gravity of the power unit, which is believed to not be as light as the engines of other manufacturers.

Confirmation of what has been said before.

Goran2812

If techman posts any more rubish like that, just ignore him, don't feed to troll :D
Back to the team -> Do you guys think that maybe in some sense Boulier is doing more bad than good for the team? I don't know why but I just don't see him as a leader and someone who has authority...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

diffuser

HOOK, LINE and SINKER!!

Andres125sx

ME4ME wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:What? :wtf:

Alonso got triple points than Kimi in 2014, Seb didn´t get double in 2015. That´s a difference I think.

Maybe it was not me who got asleep through 2015 :mrgreen:
Going way offtopic here. I'm talking about the manner in which results were achieved, taking into account Kimi entering Alonso's team in 2014. Ferrari having the clear 2nd best car in 2015, a smaller gap in points etc. I found Vettel's results against Kimi as impressive as Alonso's in 2014.
IMO it is the other way around, but I´m not going to start a discussion about past seasons
ME4ME wrote:Any thoughts about the other stuff I wrote, and that motorsport.com article?
I didn´t read anywhere people from McLaren saying their car is great as you said

Anycase it is easy to say they should have a car wich adapts to tracks, but that´s not as easy to do when your car has the less powerful PU of any top team and most midfielders. What should have they done to have a car wich adapts to tracks with long straights and fast corners? You can increase your wings to be ok on fast corners but that will harm you on the straights, or you can decrease your wings to be ok on the straights but that will harm you on fast corners, so not sure what magic setup do you want them to dial in to adapt to tracks like Suzuka and Austin with long straights and also fast corners...

Their car is compromised by a weak PU, and since this is F1 that does not hurt them only at the straights, but also on fast corners as they can´t use as much DF as their competitors. And that´s what they said. What do you find so weird?

Sayeman

Fernando Driver of the Day, best race since Honda came back.
What a Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never Give up.

techman

good job alonso, one of the few times his race pace was better than jenson.
While McLaren’s car is excellent under braking and has good aerodynamics for initial turn-in and changes of direction, it struggles more on long sweeping high-speed corners.
and jenson is saying its the mid corner speed is lacking to what eric is saying. anyway we all know eric trying to save his job. cant wait for next season, when fia release the power index and i cant wait for that. the true picture will be out.
Last edited by techman on 23 Oct 2016, 22:50, edited 2 times in total.

SameSame

Alonso is absolutely incredible. Wonder what techman has to say about that gap between Alonso and Button at the end (which is about 45 seconds) after they were running right behind each other in the beginning.

Edit: 35 seconds
Last edited by SameSame on 23 Oct 2016, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

SameSame

techman wrote:good job alonso, one of the few times his race pace was better than jenson.
I follow live timing every race; you clearly have no clue what you are speaking about. Stop trolling.

GoranF1

From helicopter camera it was very nice to see how good the car is under braking....gaining alot every time compared to Williams and TR.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

Awesome race for Alonso, hunted down the TR and Williams.
Saishū kōnā

Sayeman

Lauda was probably bit*hing to Bernie for TV time, instead of following the battle we had to watch the Mercs cruising around...rubbish politics.
Never Give up.

michl420

Very good drive from Alonso. I think the car was in perfect conditions on the last stint on medium tires so he could push it comfortable. There are very few stints in the season when this was the case.

RedNEO

Andrew Benson @andrewbensonf1
35s
No further action re Alonso-Massa overtake

Redragon

Please Techman continue trolling about how sh+t is Alo, because he will probably made his best to s++t your mouth as he did today.